The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:25:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Plymouth Argyle (A) 21/11

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plymouth Argyle (A) 21/11  (Read 7268 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 14:48:47 pm »

I wasn't going to go anyway but to be honest, Alistair's relentless negativity has bought me down so much I'm going to pull over on my way home tonight and jump off a motorway bridge.

I hope you're happy now Alistair- not only have you ruined tomorrow night's attendance but there's also blood on your hands!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 15:09:32 pm »

I wasn't going to go anyway but to be honest, Alistair's relentless negativity has bought me down so much I'm going to pull over on my way home tonight and jump off a motorway bridge.

I hope you're happy now Alistair- not only have you ruined tomorrow night's attendance but there's also blood on your hands!

Put me off as well! Don't jump please of a bridge its Christmas Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 15:20:34 pm »

I literally started it with "I Predict"

You've lost it Evers.

You used the word "probably" at least I stuck in a ? after defeatist. So you lost it big time......
Look at all the those die hard supporters not going now; you ought to be ashamed of spreading all round despondency. Plus Hotel Cancellations suicide notes! You ought to make the ultimate sacrifice and go.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 20:39:02 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 17:14:30 pm »

I think we are a better away side than home side .
We absorb pressure quite well and are set up to score an odd goal that will sneak us through .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 17:27:48 pm »

I see what you did there B+S.
A bit of positivity for balance. That'll add a few hundred diehard back onto the gate.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 17:40:12 pm »

A bit of positivity for balance. That'll add a few hundred diehard back onto the gate.

Thk goodness for B & S😋
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 17:53:17 pm »

That's swung it, I'm going now.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 17:55:55 pm »

Had car and hotel booked. Love going down to Plymouth...Barbican, Mutley (The Fortescue), Devonport.
With Slowey's predictions...gonna cancel!

2-0 win (-211 Cobbs)

See ya in the Dolphin for 4.30pm!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 18:04:53 pm »

More seriously, John Joe deffo out? Powell is back in contention though.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 18:08:05 pm »

I’m hoping that Powell will be fit to come back in tomorrow but not necessarily as a direct replacement for jjot. I would have thought it will be Poole or McWilliams for John-joe and then Powell for some balance and pace out wide. It’s critical that JFH gets the selection right for this as I would assume that Plymouth will be well up for it.
From the Argyle forum's perspective...they are far from up for anything!
If they think Oxford Utd had pace...God help them frankly!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alan Partridge

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2017, 18:34:54 pm »

its Christmas Cool

No, it isn't. It's November 20th!
Report Spam   Logged

Free to enter daily Postcode Lottery:

http://freepostcodelottery.com/?ref=241429
guest2995

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2017, 21:15:47 pm »

Is this the longest away journey for us , outside the conference ?
I think it takes the longest in a car , all things being equal .
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 22:29:04 pm »

Is this the longest away journey for us , outside the conference ?
I think it takes the longest in a car , all things being equal .
Plymouth is 232 miles from Sixfields, Carlisle is 243.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 09:07:38 am »

For this game , I would pick the following team

Ingram

Moloney.      Taylor.       Pierre.      Buchanan

McWilliams   Grimes

Waters             McGugan.                Powell

Long

If Powell isn’t fit , Crooks .

However , I think he will play McGugan deep again which means Crooks might play off the front man.
The alternative is to go 4 in midfield and play Rico with Long .
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2017, 09:11:37 am »

If we can play like we have for the last few weeks ( apart from Saturday’s second half) we will be ok against both Plymouth and Bury. If we carry on like we finished Saturday we will be in trouble. I have a feeling JFH will tighten up the midfield with Poole and possibly McWilliams coming in.
We are good enough to win games like this but we need to step up to the plate and some of the ‘better’ players need to take responsibility and influence the game more.
UTC

I’d play

Ingram

Moloney
Taylor
Pierre
Buchanan

Poole
McWilliams

Grimes
McGugan
Crooks

Long

You can see why I’m not a football manager.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 09:34:58 am »

I’d play

Ingram

Moloney
Taylor
Pierre
Buchanan

Poole
McWilliams

Grimes
McGugan
Crooks

Long

Probably near enough but prefer Powell in for Crooks - if fit; don't think he will risk Powell tho’.
Ps forgot Waters - so play Oxford team if all are fit!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:51:34 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2017, 09:35:52 am »

If we can play like we have for the last few weeks ( apart from Saturday’s second half) we will be ok against both Plymouth and Bury. If we carry on like we finished Saturday we will be in trouble. I have a feeling JFH will tighten up the midfield with Poole and possibly McWilliams coming in.
We are good enough to win games like this but we need to step up to the plate and some of the ‘better’ players need to take responsibility and influence the game more.
UTC

I’d play

Ingram

Moloney
Taylor
Pierre
Buchanan

Poole
McWilliams

Grimes
McGugan
Crooks

Long

It’s tempting to go with that selection and it looks good on paper but the reality is it lacks any pace whatsoever.
It would be easy to defend against and lacks width.
I actually don’t think JFH knows his best team, so what chance have we got !
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2017, 09:43:45 am »

i think he does - and he played it against oxford.

problem is, when powell got injured there wasnt really a natural replacement.

i assume he likes grimes and mcgugan deeper to get on the ball more - problem is they dont have the element of steel of a dean peer.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2017, 10:23:26 am »

i think he does - and he played it against oxford.

problem is, when powell got injured there wasnt really a natural replacement.

i assume he likes grimes and mcgugan deeper to get on the ball more - problem is they dont have the element of steel of a dean peer.

Yes , you could be right there but Oxford play a passing game and give you space.
I’m not at all sure about JJOT playing off the front man either , he is much better deeper . But then so too are nearly all our other midfielders .
Report Spam   Logged
Air-Dan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2017, 11:30:07 am »

It's amazing how much opinion on here has swung towards Powell having had him as the scapegoat for the first few weeks of JFH's reign in particular.

It's nice to see people changing their minds about players, just hope he's fit for tonight and puts in a performance.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: