The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 04:51:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bury - Saturday 25th November

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bury - Saturday 25th November  (Read 8567 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2017, 09:59:54 am »

I wasn't there but by what I heard I felt we did quite well. the team did not deserve the boos, that was very negitve by those that were doing it. GET BEHIND THE TEAM. SHOW THEM YOU ARE WITH THEM.
This whole booing thing is out of proportion. There were very few boos and so people need to stop squealing .
Most people walked out in silence .
Those that turn up have the right to complain when you are served such rubbish .
In actual fact I think the support yesterday wasn’t too bad .
Had you of been there , you might have been able to contribute .
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2017, 10:05:20 am »

Lots of calls for Lobjoit & Iaciofano to be given an opportunity.  I was told yesterday that neither is considered good enough and that this is not only the opinion of JFH.  

The trouble is Richards and Revell are both not good enough either. So what do you do? Give a young lad a try to actually find out if he us good enough, someone with energy and pace and on the way up in his career or carry on plugging away with one of our two present cart horses who offer nothing at all, no pace and are on the career decline and both of who jimmy will get rid of in jan anyway?

It's a bit of a no brainer to me.

The talk if ruining them is absurd.

I'm not saying have him back an starting week in, week out. But to have an option from the bench that is different to what we have and tge lad is scoring goals (albeit at a much infirior level) he should be back with us.

We might be seeing that nasty stubborn streek from jimmy that was in the end the downfall of page and jed.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2017, 10:15:31 am »

I am only reporting what I was told when I asked.  Teddy Sheringham is a good example of a quality striker who was not blessed with pace.  The instinct to be in the right place at the right time with the ability to hit the back of the net has to be the main quality and I am not sure that can be coached into any player.  3 times yesterday the ball went across the face of the goal and no Cobblers player was anywhere near the ball to score.  All very frustrating but an issue the club should have addressed ages ago.
Report Spam   Logged
floodlight

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2017, 10:17:19 am »

One for the statistics experts on here. How many goals have we scored this season in the league when Rico has started a game?
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2017, 10:20:15 am »

This whole booing thing is out of proportion. There were very few boos and so people need to stop squealing .
Most people walked out in silence .
Those that turn up have the right to complain when you are served such rubbish .
In actual fact I think the support yesterday wasn’t too bad .
Had you of been there , you might have been able to contribute .
Agree with this. I was very surprised that Jimmy for, the majority of his interview chose to talk about a very small amount of people who booed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2017, 10:31:31 am »

Rico is getting a lot of criticism on here , but I thought he was one of the better players in the first half .
He put himself about quite well until he faded in the second half .
Long did very little and is yet another player falling short of expectation .
Waters looked more lively than Long when he came on .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2017, 10:34:13 am »

The trouble is Richards and Revell are both not good enough either. So what do you do? Give a young lad a try to actually find out if he us good enough, someone with energy and pace and on the way up in his career or carry on plugging away with one of our two present cart horses who offer nothing at all, no pace and are on the career decline and both of who jimmy will get rid of in jan anyway?

It's a bit of a no brainer to me.

The talk if ruining them is absurd.

I'm not saying have him back an starting week in, week out. But to have an option from the bench that is different to what we have and tge lad is scoring goals (albeit at a much infirior level) he should be back with us.

We might be seeing that nasty stubborn streek from jimmy that was in the end the downfall of page and jed.
You don't think Richards had a good game yesterday then? Yesterday it seemed to me he got into the right positions getting final touches, and on another day might easily have scored a couple of goals.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2017, 10:35:45 am »

I am only reporting what I was told when I asked.  Teddy Sheringham is a good example of a quality striker who was not blessed with pace.  The instinct to be in the right place at the right time with the ability to hit the back of the net has to be the main quality and I am not sure that can be coached into any player.  3 times yesterday the ball went across the face of the goal and no Cobblers player was anywhere near the ball to score.  All very frustrating but an issue the club should have addressed ages ago.
Quite the opposite I would say. That can be coached and Richards yesterday got on the end of two or three chances that might on another day won us the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2017, 10:48:34 am »

Quite the opposite I would say. That can be coached and Richards yesterday got on the end of two or three chances that might on another day won us the game.

The problem is with rico the chances we have created (very few and far between I know) he is not taking and that us the crux of the problem when he offers so little else.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2017, 10:54:09 am »

Going by some of the posts on here I feel like I was at a different game. For me Rico was incredibly poor and it is sad to see his career winding down. It’s a bit poor if the coaching staff have decided to give up on iaciofano when he has scored shedloads for the youth, reserves and when on loan - what more can he do?
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2017, 10:57:24 am »

All we see and hear is ifs, buts and maybes. Defensively we appear to have got over the home hammering but it feels like a waiting game until January to try and rescue our league 1 status. I think JFH continues to have a remarkably easy ride but it is noticeable that the fans always ultimately vote with their feet. There are some amazingly pro JFH comments on social media, based on what, I’m not quite seeing. It may be similar blaming Cardoza to blaming JED for our current predicament but it is not unreasonable to expect us to still be challenging further up the league with the current squad, which contains untested strikers.
The next two months will decide which side of the fence are right, I’ve still got splinters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2017, 11:02:21 am »

Going by some of the posts on here I feel like I was at a different game. For me Rico was incredibly poor and it is sad to see his career winding down. It’s a bit poor if the coaching staff have decided to give up on iaciofano when he has scored shedloads for the youth, reserves and when on loan - what more can he do?

The two young uns will either start their careers with a L2 contract or they’ll disappear into non-league football. It’s tough at the bottom of the ladder and so much comes down to luck, timing and face fitting but probably most importantly down to attitude and commitment. It’s normally not just about talent.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2017, 11:09:11 am »

Because he is not playing in teams that are struggling that cannot hold the ball.
We play on the break ( even though we have no pace ) and have little possession . The argument is that joe wouldn’t get a touch .
Lobjoit is not starting for Nuneaton so that’s a non starter .
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2017, 16:30:11 pm »

Because he is not playing in teams that are struggling that cannot hold the ball.
We play on the break ( even though we have no pace ) and have little possession . The argument is that joe wouldn’t get a touch .
Lobjoit is not starting for Nuneaton so that’s a non starter .

My concern is why do we only play on the break with little possession when we supposedly have a number of skillful, attacking midfield merchants?
Report Spam   Logged
Trickymicky

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2017, 16:51:35 pm »

Crooks, Taylor and Ingram were the pick of the bunch for me, better second half than the first half but that’s not saying much.  Sadly I think Rico’s ship has sailed and that doesn’t detract from his service to NTFC, time for him to move on or become part of the behind the scenes team.  I listened to JFH’s post match interview on radio local and was quite taken aback by his glowing summary, it wasn’t the game I was at nor anyone round me.  As for the booing which clearly rattled him I agree it was harsh and unwarranted, something I have never done but you could also argue if you pay good money then that gives you the right to do so, I believe it’s either silence or applause.  January seems a long way off!
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2017, 17:20:57 pm »

So so first half. Much better second half. Decent 6/10 performance. Everyone worked hard and there were no passengers.

Created more than enough to nick it 1-0 but with such poor available attacking options it was always going to be a struggle to score.

Booing was ridiculous.

We are 6 points behind Walsall who re 13th. If we can get to January within 6-8 points of that position we should be able to pull towards mid table with the right recruitment.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2017, 18:06:47 pm »

So so first half. Much better second half. Decent 6/10 performance. Everyone worked hard and there were no passengers.

Created more than enough to nick it 1-0 but with such poor available attacking options it was always going to be a struggle to score.

Booing was ridiculous.

We are 6 points behind Walsall who re 13th. If we can get to January within 6-8 points of that position we should be able to pull towards mid table with the right recruitment.

Really??? The first half just passed by without really anything of note, the second half was not much better. It was one of the dullest games I can remember. Bury came for the point, highlighted by the fact they left Ajose and McGuire on the bench and showed very little ambition. If we can't beat teams like that what chance is there with the run of games coming up in December?

We may be 6 points off 13th but we're only 2 points off the bottom. Looks like a very open division, at both ends. Can't see anyone getting cast adrift like in many previous seasons.

As for the booing.......well Jimmy has presided over 20 games now and we've failed to score in 11 of them. That was the 7th time in our 13 homes games this season where we've drawn a blank. The fans are frustrated and justifiably so. We've lost an average of 500 fans per home game since last season, and the crowds are only going one way. A couple of dozen (at most) booing versus 500 who are just not turning up.....I know which ones i'd be focusing on if I were the manager.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest47

« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2017, 18:18:13 pm »

The problem is with rico the chances we have created (very few and far between I know) he is not taking and that us the crux of the problem when he offers so little else.

This sounds like a contradiction but I think Rico is a great striker to play when we don't need to score. He used to be clinical in front of goal but perhaps lack of game time has meant he's lost his touch a bit. He is still really good at holding up the ball and generally hassling defenders. This is particularly useful if we are a goal up and want to see out the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2017, 18:31:57 pm »

Really??? The first half just passed by without really anything of note, the second half was not much better. It was one of the dullest games I can remember. Bury came for the point, highlighted by the fact they left Ajose and McGuire on the bench and showed very little ambition. If we can't beat teams like that what chance is there with the run of games coming up in December?

We may be 6 points off 13th but we're only 2 points off the bottom. Looks like a very open division, at both ends. Can't see anyone getting cast adrift like in many previous seasons.

As for the booing.......well Jimmy has presided over 20 games now and we've failed to score in 11 of them. That was the 7th time in our 13 homes games this season where we've drawn a blank. The fans are frustrated and justifiably so. We've lost an average of 500 fans per home game since last season, and the crowds are only going one way. A couple of dozen (at most) booing versus 500 who are just not turning up.....I know which ones i'd be focusing on if I were the manager.
Absolutely!

It is as if some (including JFK...oh, not him!) seem to forget or overlook the fact that we were playing basement club Bury. Before anyone wants to remind me of their Tuesday win over Shrews, our game at the Kassam puts that one to bed!

Because you are playing the bottom place team doesn't of course guarantee a win...but not even scoring (again) should be food for thought in his post match glowing appraisals and decrying the dozen or so boos!*

* No I didn't!
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2017, 18:55:19 pm »

Bring on 2 months of frozen pitches before the window as it may be the only thing that can save us.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: