The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 04:00:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bury - Saturday 25th November

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bury - Saturday 25th November  (Read 8564 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2017, 20:52:41 pm »

I take your point but I wonder if the older Lobjoit would be a better option as a wildcard, although I've no idea how he's getting on at Nuneaton, if he is still there.
Not making their 1st team!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2017, 21:32:14 pm »

The thing which massively concerns me is that we are hugely relying on the January window for our survival, and will need to sign some real quality. Will real quality want to play for us? As has been stated tonight, we will find out exactly how much financial clout the Chinese backers have.....

Also surprised at the comments regarding Crooks. Quite rightly our tactic in the second half was give him the ball at all costs. He was the only one who showed any sniff of quality for me and my mates.

Finally, moaning about the odd booing? Don't be so precious. These are men who get thousands of pounds per week. They'll get over it in no time. I didn't myself but don't blame anyone who chose to. The game was dire.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2017, 21:52:12 pm »

I read somewhere on twitter that there’s a rumour that jimmy wants cash bids made for 2 Burton midfielders - I hope to god that they are wide midfielders or there will be uproar!
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2017, 21:56:21 pm »

Agreed with what Jimmy said, we were on top for the majority of the game and deserved more, could easily have been 2-0 or 3-0 and people would be talking about a dominant display. If performances are like that for the rest of the season we will win more than we lose.

As for the booing of the players hopefully the players and staff understand these are the same simple minority who shout “forward” every time we play 3 consecutive passes or who thought last weeks goals by Sc***horpe were offside. Embarrassing.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2017, 22:04:12 pm »

I agree with all that.  I think both teams played some good passing football at times, albeit with no real end product. At other times it was shambolic (again from both teams), but I don't think it warranted booing. Some of the comments made when Bowditch came on were nonsense; I called who he was coming on for before the board was held up. It was obvious. McWilliams is a real talent and stood out in the first half, but in the second he vanished, so it was the right decision to bring him off.

Crooks was man of the match for me so reading some of the criticism of him on here is a bit of a surprise. No, a lot of things didn't quite come off for him today, but it didn't for anyone and at least he was in there trying.  

Hurrah - another accurate report; for me anyway. Another reporter who was actually at the game. Sorry big Macc that your journey was in vain and safe journey back.

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2017, 06:24:10 am »

Graham Felton was at the game yesterday, surely someone could have provided him with a some boots and shin pads to solve our winger problem?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2539

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2017, 07:35:41 am »

Apart from Crooks NONE of the other three midfielders got close to Richards or Long in open play, so how on earth are we supposed to have sustained attacking pressure I do not know.

Can somebody please explain why so many people in the West stand moaned when the ball was not hoofed immediately from the back? Do they know what proper football is, which I thought broke out occasionally?

Most fans know we have to sit on our hands and wait for the pacey attacking cavalry to arrive on January 1st. I just hope the deals are sorted soon so they are available at the start of the year!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2017, 08:00:28 am »

I read somewhere on twitter that there’s a rumour that jimmy wants cash bids made for 2 Burton midfielders - I hope to god that they are wide midfielders or there will be uproar!

Akins maybe?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2017, 08:34:44 am »

Akins maybe?

Or Lloyd dyer who is a winger and looks like he’s been dropped - he’s 35 though so not exactly one for the future (although the present is the most important thing at the moment).
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2017, 08:37:20 am »

In the freezing cold, this game was awful and I will not be surprised if us and Bury are two of the four to go down on that evidence.

They were content to get out with a point it seemed and although they had a couple of good chances, were just as bad as we were.

I felt the crowd did their part by getting behind the boys as often as they could but the football on the pitch was so dire I wouldn't have blamed them if they didn't.

Defensively I think we are okay. Ash had his usual brilliant game, Buchs and Barnett were good and Moloney looked the best he has since coming back from injury. Grimes only really had one save to make and made it well.

Whatever midfield we try with wide players, it isn't working. Grimes picking the ball up deep (almost on the edge of our own area at times) is not working. Crooks looked absolutely lost on the left in the first half, but sprang to life in the second. He would be better played further forward. McWilliams did his best out of position but was another wasted out wide, Poole had a good game but often looked up and had nowhere to pass it but back to the centre backs.

Rico ran around well first half, but the ball didn't seem to stick to him and Long wasn't close enough most of the time. He missed the big chance we made for him. I thought Matt Smith showed why we should have picked him up on a free in the summer and let Revs or Rico go, he held the ball up well for them and closed down constantly. Rico couldn't do this second half and was invisible. I'm not sure on Long, it still seems he puts a half hearted amount of effort in when closing down and for me that should be the thing he should work hardest at if he cannot get in the game.

The crowd got restless for me as when we did have an opportunity to push forward (into space, an open forward pass or a chance to cross the ball into the box) the players did not want responsibility and played the ball backwards for someone else to take charge far too often.  There was not a lot of movement at times, players were stood still and this got the crowds back up just as much as having to pass it backwards/sideways. I appreciate us having to keep the ball at times, but when you are at home against the team that is bottom of the league in a "six pointer" I would like us to be the team pressing on for a win rather than being too afraid to make a mistake.

I was cold, bored and didn't enjoy myself at all. The scoreboard was broken for the second half so I couldn't even check how long I had left till I could go home. The table makes for sorry reading and does not lie, whatever spin people want to put on it. The only saving grace for now is that nobody else seems to want to win a few games either, so any kind of run could pull us away from it. Can Lobjoit and Iaciofano be the answer? Why not. We have nothing to lose by given them an appearance or two until January, even from the bench. The talk of ruining them make me chuckle, are we going to wait till we are a team running away with the division until we give them a chance?

Pretty fed up on all accounts, even worse that Ingram got MoM for making his one save over one of the defence.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2017, 08:51:01 am »

JFH must feel under real pressure to come out with such complete and utter rubbish after the game .
“Magnificent “ , “ modern football “ , “ great performance”.
Leave it out Jimmy , it was an awful display of football .
He can only be protecting players’ confidence which is fine but don’t patronise the supporters and just ask for their patience and understanding .
While you are at it , try and be more positive with your substitutions .
The passing and movement is extremely poor in our side with far too much “ stand and deliver “ going on .
Only Grimes and Crooks in the second half showed any fluidity .
Poole had a poor game and McWilliams works hard to close but does nothing else wide on the right .
Moloney has also completely lost his mojo or ability to beat anyone .
The game cried out for McGugan and Waters to come on .
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2017, 08:53:34 am »

Lots of calls for Lobjoit & Iaciofano to be given an opportunity.  I was told yesterday that neither is considered good enough and that this is not only the opinion of JFH.  
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2017, 08:58:19 am »

The thing is that the worse we play and the longer we go without a goal the better lobjoit and iacifano are going to get in the supporters minds.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2017, 09:14:58 am »

None of the coaching staff feel that either player on loan is up to the standard of div 1 and that is a fact.
Their all round play is not considered good enough and Joe has no pace .
That’s not my opinion but is the opinion of the coaching team.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2017, 09:25:49 am »

We can only hope that the money that is available is spent wisely, something has been conspicuously absent with several signings in the Page & JED era.  The buck does not stop with our ex managers poor though they were.  We have a squad but not a team.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2017, 09:27:18 am »

None of the coaching staff feel that either player on loan is up to the standard of div 1 and that is a fact.
Their all round play is not considered good enough and Joe has no pace .

Would love to see him in a foot race against Rico and Revs then.  Grin

A shame if that is their opinion, pace is not something that can magically be developed.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2017, 09:35:54 am »

I wasn't there but by what I heard I felt we did quite well. the team did not deserve the boos, that was very negitve by those that were doing it. GET BEHIND THE TEAM. SHOW THEM YOU ARE WITH THEM.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2017, 09:41:47 am »

There wasn't much booing yesterday and then only at the final whistle. But it is late November and only 6 goals have been scored at Sixfields by us in league games.  That is woeful.  Small wonder that the natives are showing sign of getting restless again. 
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2017, 09:48:36 am »

Lots of calls for Lobjoit & Iaciofano to be given an opportunity.  I was told yesterday that neither is considered good enough and that this is not only the opinion of JFH.  

Well they simply cannot do worse than either Richards or Revell that is for sure
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2017, 09:58:27 am »

Well they simply cannot do worse than either Richards or Revell that is for sure

AGREED!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: