The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:23:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bury - Saturday 25th November

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bury - Saturday 25th November  (Read 8353 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2017, 19:31:40 pm »

The Sky highlights only showed three Bury chances, was that all of the "highlights"?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2017, 21:39:04 pm »

Really??? The first half just passed by without really anything of note, the second half was not much better. It was one of the dullest games I can remember. Bury came for the point, highlighted by the fact they left Ajose and McGuire on the bench and showed very little ambition. If we can't beat teams like that what chance is there with the run of games coming up in December?

I am surprised that you express such a slightly depressing views of certainly the last game. Even more surprised you now have an ally in Coolio! Reading some of the comments on here; clearly some of those who attended the game all have differing views. Some over do it like you do and call it realistic appraisal!
Just to confuse things I actually didn't think the game was too bad! Boring yes. But this was a team missing at least two important players, having suffered two previous calamitous defeats. The important thing was not to lose the game which they accomplished pretty well to the extant that by half time at least could/should have been 1-0 up. Even I was able to identify some pieces of skill from Crooks (mom for me) , McWilliams and Taylor. I enjoyed Ingram recovery save when the ball appeared to bounce of his head? Bury had a couple of decent players too, but as you say they shut up shop long before the final whistle. It was interesting to note that Bury put 2 or 3 players on Crooks particularly 2nd half. I was disappointed with Grimes who for him had an ineffectual game and also with Poole both of whom always seemed to pass sideways or back. Possible with JJOT, Powell and Hoskins available it might have been a different game. Any pundit would have noticed that we have gained a point on a couple of teams above us so we are keeping touch just as Clarkey suggested. If we can maintain this to Jan then for me we have a chance to progress in the New Year.
Finally some of you need to lighten up ; grab a life and adopt a more positive outlook/attitude; otherwise we will talk ourselves down!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 21:50:05 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3114

« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2017, 21:55:02 pm »

The post match comments of JFH probably have very little to do with either the game or addressing the supporters. I believe the majority of what’s said is for the benefit of the squad and with one if not both eyes on the next match. When you think about it, it’s easy to understand why. Once Jimmy gets in front of the mic the Bury game’s gone, surely all that matters at that point is affecting the mentality of the squad? So what does he do berate them or try and build confidence? All I am trying to point out is that I wouldn’t be too hard on Jimmy for not being totally realistic in his comments to the press, their are more things at stake than total honesty? On a separate note, other than the obvious wide player, striker and please god experienced leader on the pitch, what we also need is fit JJ. We are a different side with him, and can I also suggest that many other sides would also be affected, possibly severely, by losing their most influential player? Especially when the squad has the shortcomings of ours?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2017, 22:17:24 pm »

The post match comments of JFH probably have very little to do with either the game or addressing the supporters. I believe the majority of what’s said is for the benefit of the squad ....................................

Precisely - are we all so thick to think otherwise?
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2017, 08:02:34 am »

The post match comments of JFH probably have very little to do with either the game or addressing the supporters. I believe the majority of what’s said is for the benefit of the squad and with one if not both eyes on the next match. When you think about it, it’s easy to understand why. Once Jimmy gets in front of the mic the Bury game’s gone, surely all that matters at that point is affecting the mentality of the squad? So what does he do berate them or try and build confidence? All I am trying to point out is that I wouldn’t be too hard on Jimmy for not being totally realistic in his comments to the press, their are more things at stake than total honesty? On a separate note, other than the obvious wide player, striker and please god experienced leader on the pitch, what we also need is fit JJ. We are a different side with him, and can I also suggest that many other sides would also be affected, possibly severely, by losing their most influential player? Especially when the squad has the shortcomings of ours?
It’s clear that JFH was protecting his players and creating a siege mentality amongst his group .
However , it’s not a good idea to patronise supporters and tell them something is white when it’s black .
All he had to ask for was patience and understanding .
The booing was blown out of proportion and shouldn’t have been mentioned .
We were terrible on Saturday and have been for a while at home . He shouldn’t pretend otherwise .
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2017, 08:14:49 am »

It’s clear that JFH was protecting his players and creating a siege mentality amongst his group .
However , it’s not a good idea to patronise supporters and tell them something is white when it’s black .
All he had to ask for was patience and understanding .
The booing was blown out of proportion and shouldn’t have been mentioned .
We were terrible on Saturday and have been for a while at home . He shouldn’t pretend otherwise .

Your right the trouble is, he makes himself sound bloddy stupid and it sounds as if he is mugging us fans off!

Not ideal!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2017, 10:37:33 am »

Anyone else heard this Alex Revell rumour? Wouldn't usually think much of it but fair few people have mentioned it to me now.

(apparently had a huge bust up with JFH and won't play for the club again)
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2017, 11:20:46 am »

Hopefully that's true about Revell. If so, hopefully JFH will have a bust ups with 3 or 4 more players
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Parklands Cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2017, 11:55:03 am »

I still think Revell would give us more than Richards does.
Not a lot i know.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2017, 12:27:35 pm »

I still think Revell would give us more than Richards does.
Not a lot i know.

He would have been ideal alongside Long...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2017, 12:31:32 pm »

I agree with boot and shoe that this booing thing has been completely overblown in what looks like a calculated attempt to create a siege mentality, much like a few weeks ago when the buchs incident was similarly overblown. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for it if we start to improve/get results but it all seems a bit calculating if you ask me.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2017, 12:38:18 pm »

Your right the trouble is, he makes himself sound bloddy stupid and it sounds as if he is mugging us fans off!

Not ideal!

Thicko land
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2017, 14:55:11 pm »

I let off a '2 or 3 second boo' at the end. It was fcuking sh1t on Saturday, fcuking sh1t!!

I said the same thing on Twitter on Saturday night, I can't recall seeing reactions so contrasting after a game.

1. Grimes. I thought he was appalling. Absolutely appalling. Id have taken him off at half time.
2. Rico. He's washed out. He was dreadful. The only positive contribution(s) he made was winning two free kicks in the first half. The rest of the game he either got beaten to a high ball, flicked the ball straight to a Bury player, gave the ball straight to a Bury player, got outpaced or lost possession whilst trying to get the ball under control. He does provide an option still off the bench, but ONLY when we are 1-0 up and looking to see the game out. Someone said that earlier in the thread, exactly what I said on Saturday when I saw the team sheet.
3. Subs. All wrong in my opinion.
4. McGugan. Easily our most talented player and can take a set piece. Where was he? Why didn't he at least come off of the bench?
5. Tactics. 90 minutes of hoof the ball to Richards. Pretty much from where I sat.
6. Last 5 minutes. D1cked around with the ball at the back, even I was shouting 'forwards' in the end!  Grin Grin (and I can't stand the idiots who do that normally!)

As for the post match interviews. Fair enough ref comments about JFH, defending his players. BUT Ingram said on the wireless that it was a very decent performance, and he repeated it more than once.

He/they are deluded. And that is the most worrying thing.

As for fears of relegation. Chuck 'an in form Powell', Hoskins, JJ and McGugan back into the fold. We are a totally different team, solid at this level. And with 2 or 3 quality editions in January we could have a side good enough to take on the best teams in the division. But as soon as you take 'the quality' out of this team, theres not enough brawn to see us through games 1-0 Atkins-esque. We become relegation fodder.

Case of riding things out until January. But we knew that before Saturday. Frustrating though!
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2017, 15:10:44 pm »

When the team are playing well JFH and the players are  getting the backing they deserve ie. Oxford etc
 It only seems right the fans let them know when they feel they are playing badly ie, Plymouth , Bury etc
 The manager cannot start getting all precious just because some of the paying public do not agree that the team played well against Bury. Although he hasnt assembled this group of players, the formation and style of play are down to him, after failing to score against two of the worst teams in the division he has to take the stick for that.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2017, 15:20:42 pm »

I let off a '2 or 3 second boo' at the end. It was fcuking sh1t on Saturday, fcuking sh1t!!

We get your thrust, but it seems like a little boy with tantrums.We are all disappointed we did not win, but some of us were grateful just for a point and...er.. a moral victory Roll Eyes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 20:14:18 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2017, 15:31:38 pm »

We get your thrust, but it seems like a little boy with tantrums.We are all disappointed we did not win, but some of us were grateful just for a point and...er.. a moral victory.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

I really don’t want to get embroiled in an argument especially with you Evers but what kind of moral victory can you take from a game against a team who were bottom, hadn’t won away all season and in the second half forced 2 one on saves from Ingram and then had the chance of the game which was clawed off (or over?) the line?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2017, 15:58:25 pm »

I said the same thing on Twitter on Saturday night, I can't recall seeing reactions so contrasting after a game.
1. Grimes. I thought he was appalling. Absolutely appalling. Id have taken him off at half time.
2. Rico. He's washed out. He was dreadful. The only positive contribution(s) he made was winning two free kicks in the first half. The rest of the game he either got beaten to a high ball, flicked the ball straight to a Bury player, gave the ball straight to a Bury player, got outpaced or lost possession whilst trying to get the ball under control. He does provide an option still off the bench, but ONLY when we are 1-0 up and looking to see the game out. Someone said that earlier in the thread, exactly what I said on Saturday when I saw the team sheet.
4. McGugan. Easily our most talented player and can take a set piece. Where was he? Why didn't he at least come off of the bench?
5. Tactics. 90 minutes of hoof the ball to Richards. Pretty much from where I sat.
6. Last 5 minutes. D1cked around with the ball at the back, even I was shouting 'forwards' in the end!  Grin Grin (and I can't stand the idiots who do that normally!)
As for the post match interviews. Fair enough ref comments about JFH, defending his players. BUT Ingram said on the wireless that it was a very decent performance, and he repeated it more than once.
As for fears of relegation. Chuck 'an in form Powell', Hoskins, JJ and McGugan back into the fold. We are a totally different team, solid at this level. And with 2 or 3 quality editions in January we could have a side good enough to take on the best teams in the division. But as soon as you take 'the quality' out of this team, theres not enough brawn to see us through games 1-0 Atkins-esque. We become relegation fodder.
Case of riding things out until January. But we knew that before Saturday. Frustrating though!

Not much wrong here (apart from I didn't boo, but have no issue with people that do). I didn't think Grimes was quite that bad, but his set pieces were pretty awful barring one to Barnett and a free kick straight at the keeper.

Wondering what people will think if we get past January and still can't beat teams like these. Shall we clap politely?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2017, 17:23:24 pm »

Errr Grimes was one of the few players that came out with any credit . He always looks for the ball and very rarely hoofs it or wastes it . It’s not his fault that the front players are statues and Poole and McWilliams have poor movement creatively .
Agreed that his dead ball delivery isn’t the best .
McGugan is a good player but he hasn’t shown it since Oxford , although I too would have had him on as sub .

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2017, 18:41:14 pm »

Moaning about the moaning. There are some right precious souls about and it makes you wonder how some people navigate their way through life. I’ve read some views that anyone would think a murder was committed.
You’ll see most fans come together if it gets to the business end and we are still scrapping for L1 survival.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2017, 20:16:21 pm »

I really don’t want to get embroiled in an argument especially with you Evers but what kind of moral victory can you take from a game against a team who were bottom......................

Forgot to insert emoji (  Roll Eyes  ). Sorry my error.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: