The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 07:23:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126558 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 13:28:51 pm »

JFH confirmed players will be released in January last night .
Interesting to see who will go and who will want to leave .
You would think the likely candidates might be Revell , Kasim , Lobjoit , Hanley , Smith

Bit harsh on Smith who has not been too bad?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tommiller

View Profile
Level 5 Search Level 4
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 16:06:18 pm »

JFH confirmed players will be released in January last night .
Interesting to see who will go and who will want to leave .
You would think the likely candidates might be Revell , Kasim , Lobjoit , Hanley , Smith

What’s the reasoning for Lobjoit falling out of favour with the fans?
Doesn’t seem that long ago people where crying for JI and LL to be recalled from their loans?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 18:18:22 pm »

I am happy to be guided by the coaching staff who see them every day in training instead of a few keyboard opinions.

I think the catalyst is the fact that we only have League 2 standard strikers who are not doing the business, rather than the two youngsters being so good!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 19:05:07 pm »

Bit harsh on Smith who has not been too bad?
Agreed . Not my view but I think it might be JFH ‘s
My view would be a different selection of players !
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 19:25:50 pm »

A proven quality striker in today’s market would be in the region of £200k plus as illustrated by James Collins at Luton in league two.
As illustrated by muddy waters (0 goals this season) 50k doesn’t buy a proven league one striker.
So to answer the question I’d say a bare minimum of £300,000 to try to get in two strikers who can actually score at this level,though to be fair the jan market is always tricky so maybe £400k will be needed.
Creativity may come cheaper but not much a decent winger will be a minimum of £150k and we could do with two creative players.
So if we actually want to compete at league one level I’d say £700k needs to be spent.
We can of course not spend and rely on our plethora of strikers who are not good enough for this division.
We unfortunately won’t be recouping much if any money from player sales as who has any sell on value amongst those who will be surplus to requirements.
£700k to be competitive with the likes of mk dons,oxford,posh or even Luton in league two.
They’ve signed  Collins for £250,000 Luke berry £250,000.....
That’s in league two!!
That’s the going price for decent players if you wish to improve
Especially true in the case of forwards as we are finding to our cost
Collins or waters??

Fair point, was surprised at Collins going for that much but if that is the going rate I would be surprised if we had that much money.

Really only £50K FOR Waters?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 20:19:56 pm »

Anyone else hearing a rumour about Jack Bridge?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 20:22:38 pm »

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/15691869.Blues_midfielder_Bridge_to_train_with_Northampton/
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 20:50:51 pm »

Another young midfield player ?
Interesting Southend send players on loan to F.C. Kitzbuhel - now that is colder than Stoke on a Tuesday night ....
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 01:11:52 am »

I still think we are crying out for an experienced leader. Not a rumour but Joleon Lescott is available on a free at the moment. Could be an experienced leader for us, as would Bacary Sagna who is also available? Think both would be interested in finishing their careers with Jimmy? Or for an even bigger pigs might fly Mathieu Flamini still only 33 and available? Ian Taylor went for it so why not have a punt says me?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 06:25:07 am »

I still think we are crying out for an experienced leader. Not a rumour but Joleon Lescott is available on a free at the moment. Could be an experienced leader for us, as would Bacary Sagna who is also available? Think both would be interested in finishing their careers with Jimmy? Or for an even bigger pigs might fly Mathieu Flamini still only 33 and available? Ian Taylor went for it so why not have a punt says me?

Could you imagine the wages of those 3, even with tsignificant Chinese money I reckon they would still be out of our reach.

I do agree leaders are required tho.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 08:13:55 am »

Joleon Lescott
Bacary Sagna
 Mathieu Flamini

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 08:24:22 am »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
of course your right, on reflection I have lost the plot there haven’t I?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 08:45:53 am »

Ian Taylor, Jason Dozzell and Clarke Carlisle all unexpectedly came to us in the twilight of their careers..
Especially with JFH in charge, you never know what 'mates' he has in the game that would come to 'do a job' for him.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 09:02:26 am »

Ian Taylor, Jason Dozzell and Clarke Carlisle all unexpectedly came to us in the twilight of their careers..
Especially with JFH in charge, you never know what 'mates' he has in the game that would come to 'do a job' for him.

Is Eidur Gudjohnson still floating about somewhere? Where's Malcolm Christie these days?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest3103

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 09:40:27 am »

I wonder how much Kieffer Moore will cost the winner in January.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 09:47:14 am »

I wonder how much Kieffer Moore will cost the winner in January.

Out of contract in the summer - so probably not loads. When you look at his record before this season... I imagine our fans would have been furious if we signed him on loan for the season. Again, I often find lower league strikers to be a complete lottery with where they hit form and when.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 09:48:51 am »

of course your right, on reflection I have lost the plot there haven’t I?

You keep at it Melly - if you can amuse Clarkey then that’s a first!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:51:41 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3103

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 09:49:57 am »

Out of contract in the summer - so probably not loads. When you look at his record before this season... I imagine our fans would have been furious if we signed him on loan for the season. Again, I often find lower league strikers to be a complete lottery with where they hit form and when.

I'm sure I read that Ipswich have an option for a years extension.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 09:51:44 am »

Look at Ricky Miller, banging them in for fun in non-league. Does he even make the bench for the Swamp now?
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 10:15:22 am »

Isn't he a twat and got arrested? Maybe thats the reason.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: