The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:39:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126690 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2017, 14:55:29 pm »

James Hanson and David Cotterill please

Hanson has played a grand total of 1 game this year!

He will fit in perfectly - Maybe match fit by March!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3153

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2017, 15:05:01 pm »

Haha this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, 19 year old with a massive 2 professional games under his belt, best of all he's a midfielder.
Left Winger and 20.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2017, 15:35:06 pm »

Cotterill would be a fantastic signing if we could pull it off, but is highly unlikely.

Unless we could offer mega bucks, why would anyone realistically come here?

We'll end up with some kids that have not played or people who haven't played for months and we'll be lucky to get five decent games out of them before the season is up (ala McGugan).

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2017, 16:42:33 pm »

It would be just like the cobblers if after being told that there’s money available we were to end up with this rookie from qpr, the reject from Southend that we had on trial a few weeks ago and this Portuguese maverick who won’t be match fit for weeks and is likely to be out suspended when he does! Seriously, the only way we’re going to get match winning proven quality that is ready to go is by spending big money on transfer fees and I can’t see that happening. If we could get James Hanson I think that could be a very useful signing but as everyone has pointed out he would need the supply.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2017, 16:46:36 pm »

Well your wishes expressed in your first sentence rules Hanson out. He hasn't played for almost 12 months so must be considered in the same category as the rest.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2017, 16:58:20 pm »

I know Hanson has hardly played this season but that’s more to do with Sheffield united’s strength than any lack of ability/quality. He is proven at this level and as an experienced pro who should have maintained decent fitness - and he should be chomping at the bit. At this point beggars can’t be choosers and Hanson would be top of the list if we aren’t going to go down the transfer fee route.
Report Spam   Logged
Ed

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2017, 17:00:32 pm »

Shay Facey
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2017, 17:04:58 pm »

Shay Facey

Are you sure its not Save Facey??
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2017, 17:08:25 pm »

I know we’re not exactly blessed anywhere on the pitch but why are we being linked with defenders - and rookie defenders at that - when we’re desperate for wingers and strikers?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3153

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2017, 17:30:16 pm »

A Finland U21 international u who is a left winger.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2017, 17:35:43 pm »

James Hansen, in his 30s 1 game this season 14 in total for the year, Caulker 1 game this season,alot of off field problems should both be signed on by 1st January then  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2017, 17:47:09 pm »

One things for sure - we ain’t getting out of this with kids on loan.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2017, 17:59:40 pm »

OK Niko calm down son  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2017, 18:02:00 pm »

Youre either his dad, or his agent.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2017, 18:02:07 pm »

One things for sure - we ain’t getting out of this with kids on loan.

No, we're once again in the market for a short term fix; experienced journeymen who've been there, done it and got the t-shirt who have the nous to dig in and scrap it out between now and the end of the season.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2017, 18:11:22 pm »

NTFC are always in the market for a short term fix, its the only market they shop at.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2017, 18:29:22 pm »

Hanson would be useful: proven L1 quality and has the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

IMO The strikers we're looking at need to be big and physically strong: we already have Waters, Hoskins and Iacofino in the small, fox in the box categories. I also think we could do worse than look in league two at the likes of Uche Ikpeazu at Cambridge, Christian Doidge at FGR or Kristian Dennis at Chesterfield.

I think ideally I'd like us to sign two wingers: a Nicky Adams assist-king type who can cross a ball and create assists and a tricky, quick Ricky Holmes type who likes to come inside and get a shot away. In terms of long-awaited Holmes replacements, Sammie Szmodics at Col U has already scored 12 goals from midfield this season and would be well worth a look. As an Adams replacement, George Cooper at Crewe (14 assists last season, 8 already this year) would fit the bill.

All of these would require serious money, but if we're serious about getting out of this mess/pushing on/consolidating at last as a league one team then that is probably what is needed.

Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2017, 18:38:55 pm »

Caol Lavery from sheff u was a name I heard mentioned for the first time today. Don't know too much about him. Was he at Pompey on loan previously?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2017, 18:51:02 pm »

I know I said that beggars can’t be choosers but Lavery isn’t the sort of forward that is going to get us out of this - he’s never been prolific and isn’t that big from memory. I agree with bungle - we need a presence, a Hanson or akinde (or dare I say it an akinfenwa) type who can be a focal point and bring others into the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2017, 18:55:20 pm »

I know I said that beggars can’t be choosers but Lavery isn’t the sort of forward that is going to get us out of this - he’s never been prolific and isn’t that big from memory. I agree with bungle - we need a presence, a Hanson or akinde (or dare I say it an akinfenwa) type who can be a focal point and bring others into the game.

Only a whisper I heard so probably nowhere near the mark but, would lavery play wide / in the whole?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: