The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:42:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126782 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2017, 19:19:24 pm »

Only a few days until the January transfer window opens.
Or as it’s called in Northampton,
The 💩 polishing.
Settle down in front of the tv with your brown ties on.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2017, 19:19:29 pm »

Only a whisper I heard so probably nowhere near the mark but, would lavery play wide / in the whole?

It's a possibility I guess - at the same time if we brought in a target man then I don't see why long (or Hoskins for that matter) wouldn't be effective playing off him in the number 10 role.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2017, 19:31:14 pm »

I’d love to be proved wrong and see a productive transfer window.
I just can’t see it though.
It’ll be the demoralising loans and free transfer spin which frankly a lot of fans are fed up with
IF and I’d say it’s a very big if seeing as we’ve had no input or morale boosting statements from the Chinese owners,we actually decide to compete in the transfer market and follow the likes of Peterborough or Luton in actually buying players who have proven quality....
Posh bought Marriott 400K plus
Luton replaced him with Collins 250k plus
We stuck with Richards £0 revell £0 and spent 50k on waters (good singer but not a league one striker)
As ever the prudent approach is paying dividends. Roll Eyes

Will things change in January?
Have the Chinese actually got the finances to make us compete with league one/top end league two clubs?

We haven’t long to find out whether it’s a bright new dawn or just another in a long list of false ones.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2017, 20:37:36 pm »

Hanson would be useful: proven L1 quality and has the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

IMO The strikers we're looking at need to be big and physically strong: we already have Waters, Hoskins and Iacofino in the small, fox in the box categories. I also think we could do worse than look in league two at the likes of Uche Ikpeazu at Cambridge, Christian Doidge at FGR or Kristian Dennis at Chesterfield.

I think ideally I'd like us to sign two wingers: a Nicky Adams assist-king type who can cross a ball and create assists and a tricky, quick Ricky Holmes type who likes to come inside and get a shot away. In terms of long-awaited Holmes replacements, Sammie Szmodics at Col U has already scored 12 goals from midfield this season and would be well worth a look. As an Adams replacement, George Cooper at Crewe (14 assists last season, 8 already this year) would fit the bill.

All of these would require serious money, but if we're serious about getting out of this mess/pushing on/consolidating at last as a league one team then that is probably what is needed.

Good knowledge Bungle - how do you know all these details? In depth research?

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2017, 23:33:26 pm »

Hanson or Elliot would certainly be my wishlist for target men. Always prefer looking at a division above as opposed to the league below.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2487

« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2017, 00:33:10 am »

Hanson or Elliot would certainly be my wishlist for target men. Always prefer looking at a division above as opposed to the league below.

Which was generally the approach of Wilder.
Report Spam   Logged
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2017, 01:05:30 am »

Seeing Hanson in a cobblers shirt would hurt. This guy has f*cked us over so many times
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2017, 07:33:16 am »

Some people on Twitter mentioning Steven Caulker now that he has been released by QPR.

Would certainly be a great pick up at this level if his head is in the right place (problems with depression/alcohol have led his career astray) and we are going to three at the back.

Not sure he is what we need if not though, especially if Pierre is not going to be out for long.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2017, 07:47:13 am »

Behave. On stupid money at QPR and at his age wouldn't p1ss on us. Heading north to play in Micky mouse Scottish league for Celtic on more stupid money with unlimited buckfast as a bonus.

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2017, 10:23:20 am »

Heard Hanson is off to Chesterfield...
I guess that’s because we’ve got someone much better coming in
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2017, 11:42:57 am »

Hanson would be a great player for us, come on Mr Wilder sort it out for us  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2017, 15:01:48 pm »

In other news I've heard Birmingham are interested in signing Rod McDonald from Coventry
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2017, 10:11:46 am »

Poached egg croissant with hollandaise sauce and an americano,
 Do like the Starbucks at Sixfields,
Is that Joey Barton over there sipping a frappichino, talking with his agent?
Surely not.

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2017, 10:17:16 am »

Poached egg croissant with hollandaise sauce and an americano,
 Do like the Starbucks at Sixfields,
Is that Joey Barton over there sipping a frappichino, talking with his agent?
Surely not.

Probably not as he's banned from football until June 2018.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest2539

« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2018, 10:02:03 am »

The day before supposedly some signings where are the people in the know???
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2018, 10:30:22 am »

The day before supposedly some signings where are the people in the know???
Is the answer somewhere in China?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2018, 10:32:17 am »

Having seen Chelsea U21s absolutely batter MK Dons 4-0 earlier this month, I'm sincerely hoping Jimmy uses his Chelsea contacts to potentially look at some of their young players on loan.

I get people's reluctance against loans, I really do, but I think when used correctly then they can get you some very good young players.

Callum Hudson-Odoi looked a frightening prospect, with electric pace and he absolutely tormented some established League One defenders. In fact all their attackers were absolutely rapid. Pace hurts at any level, we don't have anyone who can run with the ball currently. They had plenty of attacking talent in that mould who looked like they would stand out like a sore thumb in our team.

I don't know how realistic it would be to get the likes of Hudson-Odoi. I would think they would have a host of clubs after them and I'd imagine the likes of Chelsea might be reluctant to send young players out for a relegation scrap so early in their careers. But I'd hope with Jimmy's connection he might perhaps persuade them.

Of course, kids aren't the overall answer - and as many have alluded to I'd like to see some 'League One' type battlers signed on.

We need someone in the mould of Nicky Law at Bradford (I'm not suggesting for a second that he would dream of coming to us). Someone who can just sit in the middle of the park and dominate alongside JJOT. Hopefully this would allow Crooks to move further forward as an attacking CM, where I thought he looked a great player in the first few games under JFH supporting the strikers. Bizarrely hasn't been played in that position since.
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2018, 11:55:23 am »

I wonder if some players know that their time is done here and are just making up the numbers at present.

Chron says
The Cobblers are expected to make several additions to their squad soon after the transfer window opens but Hasselbaink again refused to be drawn into transfer talk , instead placing all of his focus on the visit of Wigan.

Several, if its true, would make the squad huge..The need to offload is essential or we will have money issues again..
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2018, 11:58:40 am »

Is is not obvious that between 5 and 8 will be leaving?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2018, 12:04:05 pm »

Bound to be some leaving. Suspect they already know too.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: