The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:00:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126978 times)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2018, 22:20:32 pm »

NAC Breda central defender Menno Koch according to a lovely article on Facebook from Cobblers 2022 page.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2018, 23:04:28 pm »

Sam Baldock
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2018, 23:25:07 pm »

Sam Baldock

Ha!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2018, 01:54:00 am »

NAC Breda central defender Menno Koch according to a lovely article on Facebook from Cobblers 2022 page.

There's enough Kochs already playing for the club. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest2539

« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2018, 04:45:08 am »

Rumours- Rico to Luton and Revs to Mansfield or Bury were bouncing around. Doorman at Reception said two new players were there (but he couldn't remember their names...bl**dy useless!). Followed a Belguim plated Merc out of the main car park, JFH Benelux country contacts? Also told Bowditch going.

Like most, moving 8 out and 6 in will be traumatic BUT needed. Priority is pace going forward ie 2 wingers and two strikers. Unlike most I feel we do not need a holding midfielder as two of McWilliams, Foley and Poole are sufficient, thus releasing Grimes and Crooks to create further forward with JJ.

I feel we have been in limbo for the past two months and now is time for the cavalry to arrive quickly!

Never dull being a Cobblers fan!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2018, 07:16:59 am »

I'm hoping its closer to 12 out and 6 in.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2018, 09:01:39 am »

Rumours- Rico to Luton and Revs to Mansfield or Bury were bouncing around. Doorman at Reception said two new players were there (but he couldn't remember their names...bl**dy useless!). Followed a Belguim plated Merc out of the main car park, JFH Benelux country contacts? Also told Bowditch going.

Like most, moving 8 out and 6 in will be traumatic BUT needed. Priority is pace going forward ie 2 wingers and two strikers. Unlike most I feel we do not need a holding midfielder as two of McWilliams, Foley and Poole are sufficient, thus releasing Grimes and Crooks to create further forward with JJ.

I feel we have been in limbo for the past two months and now is time for the cavalry to arrive quickly!

Never dull being a Cobblers fan!

Revell to Mansfield has been a rumour for about a year now, think it is probably fans doing 2+2=5 on his links with Evans. Hopefully the Bury link is true!

While I generally agree with your summary of what is needed I don't think that is how Jimmy sees it. I can't see us bring in 2 strikers unless Long goes back due to Jimmy's preference for 1 up front. Similarly Grimes will not be pushed further forward, there has been plenty of chances to do that and it has never been done. Jimmy clearly want's him as that deep playmaker - a role he is not suited to imho, starting to resemble Taylor playing that role last season - without the set piece threat!

Will be a tough month, to really get the squad to a decent size we probably need to move out 6 or 7 MORE than we sign, which may mean moving on some players Jimmy would rather keep.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2018, 09:21:19 am »

While watching yesterday I came to the depressing conclusion that with the exception of Ingram, Taylor and McWilliams (and possibly Foley who I really like as a midfielder) I couldn’t give a toss about the rest and whether they leave.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2018, 09:23:28 am »

Christ, that would be a great signing - shows how far we’re apart if this is the kind of player they’ targeting.
We do seem to be miles behind in league one terms but let’s get clarification of our signings before we do a compare and contrast!!
Then we will know what the future holds and which way we are going.
Cue 💩 polishing
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2018, 09:31:28 am »

Christ, that would be a great signing - shows how far we’re apart if this is the kind of player they’ targeting.

Is it really only now you’re recognising the gap? Weren’t you at the home game against them earlier this season? That game alone indicated to anyone watching their players are individually far better than ours. As for their transfer dealings they have been light years ahead for a couple of decades now.

We are more akin to the likes of Crawley in terms of transfer dealings. 
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2018, 09:38:06 am »

Is it really only now you’re recognising the gap? Weren’t you at the home game against them earlier this season? That game alone indicated to anyone watching their players are individually far better than ours. As for their transfer dealings they have been light years ahead for a couple of decades now.

We are more akin to the likes of Crawley in terms of transfer dealings. 

True - this kind of thing just hammers it home.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2018, 09:41:13 am »

First one out of the door should be Andy Melville, hes overseen too much rubbish coming in
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2018, 09:49:41 am »

Good shout Grove, trouble is he is big mates with KT, who wont have a bad word said against him. So between KT and Melville they should see us relegated.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:56:01 am by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest2995

« Reply #193 on: January 02, 2018, 09:54:49 am »

First one out of the door should be Andy Melville, hes overseen too much rubbish coming in
This won’t happen . Melville is KT’s man .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2018, 10:01:14 am »

The whole management structure at the club both on the pitch and off is like the playing staff incredibly bloated. We have jimmy, Austin and Pemberton on the playing side and then Melville and Carr off it - I’m still none the wiser as to carr’s role unless it is purely ambassadorial but surely he’s got enough contacts from his time at Newcastle to make Melville unnecessary?
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2018, 10:10:05 am »

The whole management structure at the club both on the pitch and off is like the playing staff incredibly bloated. We have jimmy, Austin and Pemberton on the playing side and then Melville and Carr off it - I’m still none the wiser as to carr’s role unless it is purely ambassadorial but surely he’s got enough contacts from his time at Newcastle to make Melville unnecessary?

I’m not picking you out here Ircho it’s just that you are posting a lot. I don’t understand why anyone would think Graham Carr who we all respect and is probably very comfortable financially in his retirement years would want to get involved in any other way than an ambassadorial capacity with this mess of a club who he is obviously still very fond of.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2018, 10:13:55 am »

This is true .
The more money we throw at things , the less we seem to be successful.
Wilder’s success came by nurturing a work ethic and team spirit .
More resources don’t necessarily mean more success - it has to be organic .
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2018, 10:45:02 am »

While watching yesterday I came to the depressing conclusion that with the exception of Ingram, Taylor and McWilliams (and possibly Foley who I really like as a midfielder) I couldn’t give a toss about the rest and whether they leave.

What about John Joe? Swap him for Foley (not a fan of his at all) and add Moloney then that's all I 'like'.

I think the description of this being the least likable Cobblers squad in years sums it up pretty well.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2018, 10:55:58 am »

What about John Joe? Swap him for Foley (not a fan of his at all) and add Moloney then that's all I 'like'.

I think the description of this being the least likable Cobblers squad in years sums it up pretty well.

Foley...I think there might be a decent player in there somewhere.....he seems to actually want to put himself about. I can't level the "lack of effort" at him.

O'Toole, definitely, he brings something to the team and squad as a whole. Seems pretty comfortable on the ball, and his overall play outweighs his hot-headed episodes.

Moloney......I'm sorry, I've never really rated him! His lumbering running when trying to track back, the way he stands off players for far too long (IMO) before attempting to make a challenge. He's ok.....but nothing special.

I like Buchanan.....but things seem to have caught up with him this season and he seems a yard or two slower. But he does bring effort and commitment to the party, one of the few who actually looks like they care.

We seem to have a lot of league 2 level players.......and a lot of players who are not cut out for a relegation scrap.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2018, 11:09:13 am »

Foley...I think there might be a decent player in there somewhere.....he seems to actually want to put himself about. I can't level the "lack of effort" at him.

O'Toole, definitely, he brings something to the team and squad as a whole. Seems pretty comfortable on the ball, and his overall play outweighs his hot-headed episodes.

Moloney......I'm sorry, I've never really rated him! His lumbering running when trying to track back, the way he stands off players for far too long (IMO) before attempting to make a challenge. He's ok.....but nothing special.

I like Buchanan.....but things seem to have caught up with him this season and he seems a yard or two slower. But he does bring effort and commitment to the party, one of the few who actually looks like they care.

We seem to have a lot of league 2 level players.......and a lot of players who are not cut out for a relegation scrap.

I'm much more a fan of Moloney than Buchanan and know which one I'd keep. I was really happy to see Smith given a chance yesterday, a bit surprised that he got MOM but he definitely deserves a run in the team.

Your comment about players not cut out for a relegation scrap is spot on, who apart from JJ do we have for battling our way out of this mess?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: