The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:06:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126929 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2018, 16:39:12 pm »

just heard we have 3 quality signings coming.

cj, Baldy and defender..We're as good as up..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2018, 16:42:26 pm »

Who can tell? Holmes was frozen out at Pompey before he came to us...Henderson did nothing at sixfields and torments us as a visitor...Some of out current midfielders held such high profiles that we thought we were overloaded with talen for this seasont! Instead, they have failed to gel as a team and certainly haven't inspired. I have given up getting excited or upset about managerial or player appointments - until they have had a good go and failed like a fluffy fart or shone like a shining star!
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #242 on: January 02, 2018, 17:05:22 pm »

Another whisper I heard, Shay Facey from Man City. Full back.

Shay Facey was on loan to New York City in the MLS ,who are owned by the City Group, in 2015 , looked a decent player to me.

According to Wiki though he is on a season long loan to Herenveen.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #243 on: January 02, 2018, 17:05:54 pm »

Who can tell? Holmes was frozen out at Pompey before he came to us...Henderson did nothing at sixfields and torments us as a visitor...Some of out current midfielders held such high profiles that we thought we were overloaded with talen for this seasont! Instead, they have failed to gel as a team and certainly haven't inspired. I have given up getting excited or upset about managerial or player appointments - until they have had a good go and failed like a fluffy fart or shone like a shining star!

I kind of agree. That said, I was hoping for someone to sign for us that says "we are gonna have a good go at staying up"
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #244 on: January 02, 2018, 17:19:36 pm »

Based on what I’ve read his agent got him the trial at Bournemouth which didn’t come to anything and it p**sed Brown off so much that he froze him out.

Yes, that may be correct. But it was also from his stint at Chelmsford City where he impressed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #245 on: January 02, 2018, 17:20:54 pm »

I imagine the quality signings will be coming in tomorrow now that we are at the next level Roll Eyes

You are on form at the moment Shoey.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2018, 17:28:37 pm »

Hanson going Bury according to Football League Twitter.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #247 on: January 02, 2018, 17:30:40 pm »

why risk budget on a player who cant break through at southend ?

Possibly what the Coventry City fans said about Rod McDonald not being able get into a struggling NTFC team?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 02, 2018, 17:32:59 pm »

Hanson going Bury according to Football League Twitter.
Be a great signing for them
Should keep them up
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #249 on: January 02, 2018, 17:37:34 pm »

Paddy Madden signs for Fleetwood.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2018, 17:41:35 pm »

Paddy Madden signs for Fleetwood.
Great signing for them.
Proper striker
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2018, 17:43:15 pm »

Can we have David Ball?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2018, 17:44:28 pm »

I’m awaiting the announcement that we are moving onto other targets Roll Eyes

Money talks
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2018, 17:47:35 pm »

I suppose it's fair to say we don't actually know if they were targets or not.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2018, 17:54:10 pm »

"There's a 15-point checklist that looks at technical, tactical and psychological areas," Wilder says. "Few players tick them all, but these boys are all scoring well." (From 'A Day in the Life of Sheffield United Boss Chris Wilder on Transfer Deadline Day')

I wonder how big Melville's checklist is?  Roll Eyes

Seriously, though, the character of those coming in has to be spot on, just as it was in the Wilder days. Even early Wilder loanees like Marquis and Jason Taylor were willing to roll their sleeves up and run themselves into the ground to save us. Talent alone won't be enough.

Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2018, 17:59:58 pm »

Be a great signing for them
Should keep them up
You've seen how far adrift they are? Whoever Hanson is (neither myself or our intrepid Caroline know) he must be a World beater to keep the Shakers up!
Shouldn't Beckford and Maguire be able to do that?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 02, 2018, 18:03:27 pm »

Some Herbert’s were claiming on Saturday that Hanson had been training with us for two weeks Roll Eyes
Either they have the onset of cataracts or are simply prone to spouting nonsense
At least if it’s the former then at least we now have a link up with sheinmans opticians.

I honestly believe being a pessimist that the Chinese have got the club but have now decided to pull the plug financially.
I’d imagine one of the attractions in being persuaded to buy was land acquisition.
That is now not happening(thank god) and now their love of ntfc has wained.
I’d guess KT knows all is not well but is struggling to tell jimmy who decided to take over on financial promises of taking us to the next level.
I’d imagine jimmy is less than chuffed(he alluded to things still not being carried out)

Still no statements from the Chinese owners(if one was coming it would have by now)
KT strangely silent(I’d guess he will be off into the sunset soon onto his next project)

That’s my guess and I really hope it’s so so wide of the mark.

Oh and when’s shaq turning up at sixfields??
Can’t we get a video of him singing down down by status quo to add to his we are the champions rendition.
All seems a bit hollow and flaky now doesn’t it?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2018, 18:13:25 pm »

The Hansen rumour was doing the rounds of the West Stand yesterday along with the ex-Forest midfielder and a Dutch centre back.  You never know where these stories begin so let's wait and see.  There have been a surprisingly small of transfers generally announced today.  Our needs are obvious to all and anything less will cause huge disappointment with our supporter base.
Report Spam   Logged
Moultoncobb

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2018, 18:16:28 pm »

I'll stick my Gregory Peck out and say we'll sign Shay Facey, Hildeberto Pereira and Bridge before Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2018, 18:28:47 pm »

Some Herbert’s were claiming on Saturday that Hanson had been training with us for two weeks Roll Eyes
Either they have the onset of cataracts or are simply prone to spouting nonsense
At least if it’s the former then at least we now have a link up with sheinmans opticians.

I honestly believe being a pessimist that the Chinese have got the club but have now decided to pull the plug financially.
I’d imagine one of the attractions in being persuaded to buy was land acquisition.
That is now not happening(thank god) and now their love of ntfc has wained.
I’d guess KT knows all is not well but is struggling to tell jimmy who decided to take over on financial promises of taking us to the next level.
I’d imagine jimmy is less than chuffed(he alluded to things still not being carried out)

Still no statements from the Chinese owners(if one was coming it would have by now)
KT strangely silent(I’d guess he will be off into the sunset soon onto his next project)

That’s my guess and I really hope it’s so so wide of the mark.

Oh and when’s shaq turning up at sixfields??
Can’t we get a video of him singing down down by status quo to add to his we are the champions rendition.
All seems a bit hollow and flaky now doesn’t it?

Why because they window has been open for two days and no one has signed yet
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: