The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:38:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126968 times)
ntfc01

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2018, 18:57:12 pm »

So, 1 in on loan and 2 who were on short term contracts out.  Not a prayer to avoid the drop without a proven striker being signed. It is clear that we missed out on Hanson.  No sign yet of the Chinese having any dosh other than what they paid to our leader, KT.  But early days and in KT we trust?

It isn't clear we missed out on Hanson at all other than hearsay and the rumour mill
Report Spam   Logged
Moultoncobb

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2018, 18:58:58 pm »

We were never in for Hanson
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2018, 19:02:05 pm »

So, 1 in on loan and 2 who were on short term contracts out.  Not a prayer to avoid the drop without a proven striker being signed. It is clear that we missed out on Hanson.  No sign yet of the Chinese having any dosh other than what they paid to our leader, KT.  But early days and in KT we trust?

Is this clear? On here is the only place I’ve seen any link.

I know it is an unpopular opinion but I definitely think Long is good enough, just that the service he has been given has been appalling. More likely to make something for himself than a Hanson type too. Another new winger, maybe Grimes up to the 10 role and a bit more attack8ng 8ntent and he’ll get goals, in my humble opinion.

Agree that we need another striker to back him up / provide a different option though
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2018, 19:02:43 pm »

I and many others think we were after Hanson but if not him then which striker because without a goalscorer staying in this division looks a very hard task.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 03, 2018, 19:10:00 pm »

I and many others think we were after Hanson but if not him then which striker because without a goalscorer staying in this division looks a very hard task.

How many goals does someone need to get to be considered a goal scorer. From your posts I take it you would have bee; pleased if we got Hanson. Going by his career record we could probably have reasonable expected him to get 6 or 7 goals between now and the end of the season. I reckon Long could get those if we get the right attacking players in.

It’s not always as simple as “not scoring - get a striker” in the same way that Ingram is not the main reason we have the most (or second most) goals against in the league.

Wide players/attacking midfielders are more of a need than a striker for us right now
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #365 on: January 03, 2018, 19:11:00 pm »

We were never in for Hanson

What he said.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #366 on: January 03, 2018, 19:15:48 pm »

How many goals does someone need to get to be considered a goal scorer. From your posts I take it you would have bee; pleased if we got Hanson. Going by his career record we could probably have reasonable expected him to get 6 or 7 goals between now and the end of the season. I reckon Long could get those if we get the right attacking players in.

It’s not always as simple as “not scoring - get a striker” in the same way that Ingram is not the main reason we have the most (or second most) goals against in the league.

Wide players/attacking midfielders are more of a need than a striker for us right now

Long is decent but needs support, a Hanson alongside would have been decent
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 03, 2018, 19:26:36 pm »

The Hanson to NTFC rumour was around well before this week and was doing the rounds big time on Monday at Sixfields.  I don't think there was smoke withut fire but that's history now.  In truth, I was not convinced that he is the striker we need since he is more in the Revell/Rico target man mode and that player type has not exactly been a success for us this season or last.  Whatever may be our different points of view on players we have surely seen enough of the present squad to conclude that there are not enough goals in them to secure safety whatever the service.  The first half of this season has been painful when it comes to creating and taking chances.  The shots-on stats must be embarrassing. Accepting that Rico is sadly a spent force, Revell is on the way out I ask myself who are going to get enough goals.  Long will get some more but he is not prolific. Hoskins is a L2 player and his shooting is generally shocking. JJOT may get a few.  I think we need a forward with pace and power able to get past defenders and shoot on target. Just who that person may be I don't know to be honest but that is why we have scouts + Graham Carr +JFH and Huh?? Chinese money?
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 03, 2018, 19:26:51 pm »

Long is decent but needs support, a Hanson alongside would have been decent

Yeah I get that, I could be wrong but I don’t think it is Jimmy’s plan to go 2 up top. In which case I think there are more pressing needs for the first XI
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #369 on: January 03, 2018, 19:28:18 pm »

I did read something today linking us to Christian Doidge at Forest Green.

Cannot see it myself as would surely cost £££ and unproven at our level.

But as others have said lots of decent talent avaliable up top.

Vaughan, Evans, Bodin mentioned.

Possibility of Ellis Harrison, ,Tom Nicolls and others being avaliable.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 03, 2018, 19:33:43 pm »

Vintage - I don’t completely disagree with you and in an ideal world we bring in players to both create and score goals, however that is going to be budget dependent. If we are limited on that front then we need to address the problem with creation first. We create the least chances per game in our division, we aren’t missing loads. If we don’t fix that problem it won’t really matter what striker we sign.

Hopefully our Chinese overlords provide the funds to cover all needs!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #371 on: January 03, 2018, 19:34:30 pm »

Not sure how reliable this account is but it appears we're after a Dutch defender from NAC Breda...

https://twitter.com/RealGrahamM/status/948634779410489344
That one has been going around, for about a week now. Im not sure that I trust the various twitter accounts though.
Twitter also has us looking at  Newport’s Frank Nouble , and Forest Green’s Christian Doidge. Im not sure about that either. More conclusive evidence is required.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 03, 2018, 19:35:03 pm »

Shoemaker in the summer:

Shame
You can't blame him though,a front three of ajose beckford and maguire shows some proper ambition not to be in the relegation scrap after last season!!

Shoemaker in the winter:

With Connor ripley to follow
Giving themselves every chance of getting out of it

Meanwhile at sixfields.....

Maybe there is a hold up due to currency fluctuations.

Calling 🇨🇳
Come in China

Are you a closet Bury fan by any chance? They're 11 points from safety.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #373 on: January 03, 2018, 19:42:51 pm »

I'd take Christian Doidge in a heartbeat. Seen Forest Green a bit these last couple of years. Tall, strong, good age, 10 goals in 7 consecutive games this year in a struggling side which proves he can score without support. 12 League Two goals this year and and well over 1 in 2 for FGR.
Lots of clubs will be after him.

Grimes is one of the most talented players ever to play for this club.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 19:45:47 pm by 606 Parklands_Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #374 on: January 03, 2018, 19:53:02 pm »

Way below the benchmark set by Superkev.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2487

« Reply #375 on: January 03, 2018, 19:56:08 pm »

A League One striker I expect.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2018, 19:58:00 pm »

Grimes in a winning team where 2 or 3 can cover and do his dirty work would be fine. We simply cannot afford that we need players that will roll their sleeves up and get dirty. We can't carry passengers I would therefore send him back too.
Just because a player isn’t blood and thunder doesn’t mean to say he’s not up for the fight .
Grimes looks for the ball and doesn’t hide in my opinion .
McGugan has gone and so we need someone that can pass intelligently .
He suffers from lack of movement in advance of him and wide
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #377 on: January 03, 2018, 20:00:56 pm »

I'd take Christian Doidge in a heartbeat. Seen Forest Green a bit these last couple of years. Tall, strong, good age, 10 goals in 7 consecutive games this year in a struggling side which proves he can score without support. 12 League Two goals this year and and well over 1 in 2 for FGR.
Lots of clubs will be after him.

Scored against us for Dagenham in the title winning season I think. Looked like a right donkey that day.
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 03, 2018, 20:04:56 pm »

I assume you mean ‘most talented on paper’?

Seems strange that 90% of people on here aren’t even sure if he would make their starting 11 in this shambolic side.

Maybe the Leeds fans can help us decide? 
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #379 on: January 03, 2018, 20:06:16 pm »

Shoemaker in the summer:

Shoemaker in the winter:

Are you a closet Bury fan by any chance? They're 11 points from safety.
You couldn’t make it up
I wouldn’t be surprised if we are in for Maguire.
Let’s face it as it stands at this moment bury have more chance of staying up as they have signed a proven league one striker.
Mind you I’ve heard a permanent striker is on the way.......
Oh and a decent one as well
One we’ve been in for before.
MAY be sorted before the weekend
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: