The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:05:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126980 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #560 on: January 05, 2018, 10:10:49 am »

Were we this negative when we first signed Bayo?? An overwieght unfit centre forward!
But the look of the leeds defence faces when he started to run towards them on his debut was something I will never forget!

And the resulting goal had him down as a hero for me!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #561 on: January 05, 2018, 10:14:54 am »

I'm not really sure to make of the Facey signing as he's quite inexperienced but pace and athleticism is a bonus. I'm not as fussed on the defensive side of his game but i hope he brings a more attacking outlet to the team. Over the last year we have been so toothless in attack that our defence has been under almost constant pressure (even if games we have won). A change in mentality is required. Moloney and Buchanan have been great servants to our club particularly in the promotion year but if we want to stay at this level we need to move on.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #562 on: January 05, 2018, 10:21:37 am »

Were we this negative when we first signed Bayo?? An overwieght unfit centre forward!
But the look of the leeds defence faces when he started to run towards them on his debut was something I will never forget!
I haven't judged a single Cobblers player before he has kicked a ball since then.

I was dismayed when we first signed Bayo, having laughed my arse off when he waddled on against us for Millwall just a few weeks before he ended up moving to us.

I was also delighted when we signed Leon Constantine...

You just never know how it's going to end up.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #563 on: January 05, 2018, 10:27:07 am »

I'd be really pleased with this signing at the start of a season. I'm not convinced he's what we need in a survival battle, but I'd love to be proved wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 05, 2018, 10:30:25 am »

I'd be really pleased with this signing at the start of a season. I'm not convinced he's what we need in a survival battle, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

But we've still got to play the same teams we would have done if we were comfortably mid-table.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #565 on: January 05, 2018, 10:33:06 am »

£20k  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #566 on: January 05, 2018, 10:36:05 am »

£20k  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Tongue

Is the fee a fact? Do you have proof?
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #567 on: January 05, 2018, 10:53:24 am »

I haven't judged a single Cobblers player before he has kicked a ball since then.

I was dismayed when we first signed Bayo, having laughed my arse off when he waddled on against us for Millwall just a few weeks before he ended up moving to us.

I was also delighted when we signed Leon Constantine...

You just never know how it's going to end up.

Within 30 seconds of Bayo waddling on I loved him. Barging past 3 players and smashing the ball just over.

Not going to judge the new lad until I see him play a bit, but he seems likable in his interview... A bit of a cheeky glint in his eye.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #568 on: January 05, 2018, 11:03:08 am »

OK let's see what the boy plays like, with only 6 games under his belt including 3 for the Dutch club (he picked up 2 bookings and a red card in those games) I just don't think he's what we need at the moment.
# skint
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #569 on: January 05, 2018, 11:08:19 am »

Despite some derision , my contact came good not for the first time with the transfer information as predicted on Saturday .
Two full backs and a wide player were as good as signed last week .
Just one more to be announced
Report Spam   Logged
Onetouch

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #570 on: January 05, 2018, 11:11:04 am »

Where is #skint coming from.
We have just paid to bring a player to the club.
Jan is a difficult time to bring in players, it is either going to Prem Younsters who wont make the grade in the prem or seasoned pros.
Its who is available rather how much money we have
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #571 on: January 05, 2018, 11:14:09 am »

OK let's see what the boy plays like, with only 6 games under his belt including 3 for the Dutch club (he picked up 2 bookings and a red card in those games) I just don't think he's what we need at the moment.
# skint

33 games because, again, you missed off the NYC matches and also can't add 5 + 3!

"Thick as pig sh1t" indeed.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #572 on: January 05, 2018, 11:25:02 am »

Looking forward to seeing Facey, think this spells the end for Brendan though once Phillips is fit.

Any hints on this "other" signing?
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #573 on: January 05, 2018, 11:42:34 am »

33 games because, again, you missed off the NYC matches and also can't add 5 + 3!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2018, 11:44:16 am »

Looking forward to seeing Facey, think this spells the end for Brendan though once Phillips is fit.

I suspect it maybe the Southend lad?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #575 on: January 05, 2018, 11:44:34 am »

Eight first team games in over two years.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #576 on: January 05, 2018, 11:45:12 am »

This Bridge fella who's been mentioned.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #577 on: January 05, 2018, 11:59:22 am »

# skint

Chicken 🐓
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2677

« Reply #578 on: January 05, 2018, 12:02:18 pm »

'He (Facey) will give us flexibility in terms of the systems we can play and the options open to us.'
I hope this doesnt mean Jim continuing to experiment and playing reactive football to counter the opposition's perceived strengths for too much longer.
We need consistency.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #579 on: January 05, 2018, 12:21:00 pm »

Why do we need to pay for a player from Manchester City? Its like someone from Kings Heath buying something from the yard sale of the Spencers at Althorp House. Just give us him for free, tight bastards.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: