The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:52:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 127041 times)
Wolvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #600 on: January 05, 2018, 14:23:46 pm »

You can blind me with scientific formations and various nonsense but teams who have a pair of strikers up front score more goals than those with one up front.

Aren't Man City top goal scorers in the entire league? They play one up top.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #601 on: January 05, 2018, 14:24:35 pm »

Basically Shoey wants 1990s Wimbledon.
Yep Neil that’s exactly what I want for a relegation battle
A constant 4x4x2 with the same personal as I think it offers the best chance of survival
I think half jimmys problem is tinkering
He thinks these players are good enough to take on board different formations different formulas.
They’re not.
I bet they all understand a 4x4x2 though as that is the basic formation you are taught from scratch
Just play what they can do not what you think they may be able to adapt to
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #602 on: January 05, 2018, 14:28:53 pm »

And in fairness Barcelona once played with 0 up front
The problem is that we are in a relegation scrap and odds on to be playing in league two next year.
I very much sought that Man City or Barcelona faced with such a dilemma would think
I know we will play with one or no strikers.
If we play one up front tomorrow we will not win(let’s face it draws are no good now)
If we are to survive it will be due to a striking partnership if we ever get one
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 05, 2018, 14:30:47 pm »

Yeah let's leave it how it is constantly tinkering with the players, formations etc, going too well not too.  Tongue

To be fair I think pretty much everyone wants the tickering to stop and for a consistent selection...which is why most want to stick with the 433/4231 or whatever you want to call it rather than tickering to 442
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #604 on: January 05, 2018, 14:43:09 pm »

and spurs, and liverpool, and man united and arsenal

play one up top that is, not all top goalscorers
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #605 on: January 05, 2018, 14:45:19 pm »

consistency is key that is for sure.

whatever the formation is, JFH needs to back it and the players and keep it consistent.

1990's wimbledon style of play is not the way to go, mainly because we wouldnt finish a game due to the sending offs.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #606 on: January 05, 2018, 15:00:51 pm »

Agree totally on consistency and not this constant tinkering.

Hopefully that's just been down to the players he's had to select and now some of his own are coming in we will see a more settled approach.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #607 on: January 05, 2018, 15:25:32 pm »

and spurs, and liverpool, and man united and arsenal

play one up top that is, not all top goalscorers

And also Chelsea. Didn't Leicester play 1 up top when they won the league as well? Wigan have played 1 up top for most of their games this season, they seem to be doing OK.

The formation isn't the problem. Long has scored 6 in 16 starts so far. With better creativity from the midfield I'm convinced his record would be a lot better than that. I fancy him to get to 15 goals this season. I would be worried if were to get injured though, so perhaps another striker is needed as back-up/competition, rather than to play both together.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #608 on: January 05, 2018, 15:34:24 pm »

Anyword on a striker?
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 05, 2018, 15:35:35 pm »

Not even a whisper Doctor.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #610 on: January 05, 2018, 15:35:50 pm »

Yeah we can't afford one
# skint
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #611 on: January 05, 2018, 15:37:07 pm »

Interesting that Hanson said he had lots of other offers from L1 clubs but chose Bury  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #612 on: January 05, 2018, 15:40:56 pm »

Not even a whisper Doctor.
Let's hope Crook's, Powell and Hilda can score then. Except for the Longmeister we're very lightweight up top.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 15:43:19 pm by Dr Feelgood » Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #613 on: January 05, 2018, 15:49:50 pm »

Which of those would you not rules out? The likes of Madine, Morison and Gregory are all playing regular Championship football. Reid seems settled in the South West. Agbonlahor just isn't going to happen. And the rest I just don't see us being able to afford (or in Cox's case I don't see us going for him). All just my opinion mind you.

Reuben Reid signs for Forest Green.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 05, 2018, 15:55:45 pm »

Reuben Reid signs for Forest Green.

Might pave the way for Christian Doidge to join us. Good age at 25 and knows how to score in L2 (just incase!)

Swapping him for both Rico n Revs would be a result (they can have Bowditch, Kasim & Hanley too as part of the deal!)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 15:57:40 pm by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 05, 2018, 15:58:49 pm »

Anyword on a striker?

It's hard to get a decent striker out of club in January whether paying for one or not, IF we are to get one I'd suggest it would probably happen towards the end of the window... Hope I'm wrong
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #616 on: January 05, 2018, 16:13:23 pm »

And also Chelsea. Didn't Leicester play 1 up top when they won the league as well? Wigan have played 1 up top for most of their games this season, they seem to be doing OK.

The formation isn't the problem. Long has scored 6 in 16 starts so far. With better creativity from the midfield I'm convinced his record would be a lot better than that. I fancy him to get to 15 goals this season. I would be worried if were to get injured though, so perhaps another striker is needed as back-up/competition, rather than to play both together.

Long has scored 6 goals in 22 starts (plus 4 more sub appearances).

He's scored a brace in two of those games, so he's only been on the scoresheet in 4 of his 26 games.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #617 on: January 05, 2018, 16:15:46 pm »

Interesting that Hanson said he had lots of other offers from L1 clubs but chose Bury  Tongue

Probably because hes regularly found on the lash in the boozers local to him and wants to stay close to that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #618 on: January 05, 2018, 16:16:06 pm »

Might pave the way for Christian Doidge to join us. Good age at 25 and knows how to score in L2 (just incase!)

Rumoured to be going to Cardiff.
Report Spam   Logged
Sean_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 05, 2018, 16:19:47 pm »

I've only saw the following on Twitter:

https://ibb.co/jUV8rb

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 16:24:08 pm by Sean_ntfc » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: