The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:24:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126687 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #640 on: January 05, 2018, 19:07:34 pm »

Cardiff are about to offer 1 million for him apparently?

We won't be getting him then if that's true
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #641 on: January 05, 2018, 19:08:50 pm »

Doidge is not going to Cardiff....

www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-transfer-digest-mystery-14118701
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #642 on: January 05, 2018, 19:41:00 pm »

I see FGR has signed Rueben Reid for money from Exeter and lodged a cash bid for a keeper tonight. Wonder if Doidge will be moving somewhere?

Mark Cooper (FGR manager) has said Reid has been signed to play with Doidge not to replace him.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 05, 2018, 19:44:52 pm »

Mark Cooper (FGR manager) has said Reid has been signed to play with Doidge not to replace him.

We shall see 😉
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 05, 2018, 19:59:00 pm »

You answered your own question

Explain?

How many goal scoring strikers do you need in your starting 11 when you play 1 upfront?
How many have we got?

How many wingers that can beat their man and cross do you need in your starting 11  when you play 5 in midfield?
How many have we got?
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 05, 2018, 20:14:28 pm »

consistency is key.  Is that the same consistency JED gave with his 5-3-2 week in week out refusing to change.

The reason we play one up front, is that he doesn't trust the players to only have 2 CMs.  Especially if one of them 2 is JJOT. who do you go with? Grimes.

Having said that, you have a point the best we have looked all season was with Long and Revell up front together, would love to see that again, especially with some wingers on the pitch.

But sadly for me (or gladly for the most of you) i don't think we'll see Revs in a NTFC shirt again.

Ingram

Moloney
Facey
Taylor
Smith

Powell
JJOT
Grimes
Bertie

Revs
Long

Huh??

I do get where people are coming from wanting 2 up front but if we do go that way I don’t think we’d then play 2 out and out wingers. More likely you would have more of a wide midfielder who tucks in to support their other 2 in the centre. 442 is rare nowadays for a reason 442 with 2 out and out wingers is pretty much obsolete, you’d simply get overrun in midfield.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #646 on: January 05, 2018, 22:40:09 pm »

I hope we're in for Doidge, as going on his scoring record (44 in 74 for FGR and good record elsewhere) is bang on. Also he looks s*** hot finisher going on this video. He seems like the kind of player other league one clubs such as Boro go for. Personally I think JFH will sign much better than JED and think we will look noticeably stronger come February.

Anyway, enjoy these golazos.

Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #647 on: January 05, 2018, 22:41:24 pm »

FWIW I know I'm being blindly optimistic. And if you can't do that as a Cobblers fan then what's the point?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #648 on: January 05, 2018, 23:08:44 pm »

FWIW I know I'm being blindly optimistic. And if you can't do that as a Cobblers fan then what's the point?  Grin

Would be good but the fee would be too much!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 06, 2018, 08:22:31 am »

Over inflated price if the £1million mentioned is right.  However, it raises the question of what the Chinese bring to the Sixfields table if it is not money.  I cannot see that they have anything else to offer.  Or I am wondering if we are meant somehow to see the bigger picture of Northampton University being filled with Chinese students.  Good though that may be I fail to see how it helps NTFC in any direct way. Please enlighten me.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #650 on: January 06, 2018, 08:37:47 am »

They currently bring enough capital to keep the club running, which is more than we had at the end of the Cardoza era.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 06, 2018, 08:50:18 am »

Thomas & Bower were already doing that plus according to Thomas £4 million for the East Stand.  What I suggest has happened is that T & B have made a lot of money selling shares in NTFC Ventures Ltd to 5USport and they are sitting comfortably on their pile. How much of the remaining investment (said in the Mail on Sunday to be £6/7 million) has found its way to the football club we don't know. That and the stalling on the East Stand has to be a cause for concern.  I doubt that the continuing delay is down solely to the Council dragging its feet although I accept it may be a factor. These questions could be easily answered if there was more transparency and communication with supporters.  It has been far too quiet ever since the Chinese arrived. All these affects what we do in the transfer market this month.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #652 on: January 06, 2018, 12:01:51 pm »

On Monday I said we had already signed three wide players before the window opened .
Two could play full back and one a wide midfield player .
My contacts are spot on .
I thank you .
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 06, 2018, 15:17:20 pm »

Rumours seems to be that Revell is off and that was farewell? Typical we'd get rid of a striker with a 100% shot to goal ratio.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 06, 2018, 15:23:31 pm »

Rumours seems to be that Revell is off and that was farewell? Typical we'd get rid of a striker with a 100% shot to goal ratio.

Revell is simply not good enough, he might get the odd goal every 9 or 10 games, but his not good enough for L1
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 06, 2018, 15:31:10 pm »

Any whisper on arrivals/departures in the stands today??
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #656 on: January 06, 2018, 15:52:12 pm »

It’s a bit weird if revs came on instead of Rico if he’s going to be leaving imminently.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 06, 2018, 15:57:53 pm »

It’s a bit weird if revs came on instead of Rico if he’s going to be leaving imminently.

I would hope they will both be off
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #658 on: January 06, 2018, 16:11:03 pm »

With Revels reaction, after scoring , doubt Jimmy will pick him again
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 06, 2018, 16:16:03 pm »

Also, just in case anyone wasn't listening to the radio - More to come in, some at least will be experienced rather than youngsters. Unsure of how much money we have from Jimmy's reaction when Tim pressed him on it, but he did say things are more expensive now because people know that we need to buy.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: