The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:20:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126775 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #800 on: January 10, 2018, 13:21:24 pm »

Striker 4 - Hoskins finishing and decision making in the final 3rd is awful - there is no way on this planet he will ever score 10 goals a year let alone 15 unless he signficantly improves - he is league 2 at very best - same with Waters
Couldn't agree more, Hoskins is a slightly better version of Waters both are not up to the required standard.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 10, 2018, 13:24:42 pm »

For what other reason has he been absent?
Rev's wasn't injured the reason he came on the pitch was to say goodbye, hence the lap of the stadium waving goodbye to all the stands.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #802 on: January 10, 2018, 14:06:38 pm »

Rev's wasn't injured the reason he came on the pitch was to say goodbye, hence the lap of the stadium waving goodbye to all the stands.

He was previously injured; he came onto the pitch to say good bye Grin. Also he didn't do a lap of the stadium and his waves didn't look like 'good byes' to me. In this instance I am skeptical of your post as Revell is keen to remain in the area. His wife works in the MK area and the children school in MK. If he went to a relatively local Club like Luton or Stevenage then that makes sense. If he goes to a club well outside his comfort area then you will be due an apology for doubting the veracity of your post plus a pint when we next meet at 6Fields!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #803 on: January 10, 2018, 14:11:12 pm »

In the absence of a decent target man; after his well taken goal on Saturday I would hope Revell plays as he has plenty to prove with his career here in the balance.His wife works locally!
As most people have said on here many times , there is room for either Revell or Rico but not both .
Personally I would keep Revell if push came to shove .
Ideally I would get rid of them both .
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #804 on: January 10, 2018, 14:33:49 pm »

Are you sure?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 10, 2018, 14:43:15 pm »

I have no idea if he is going or not, it would hardly be the biggest shock to see him leave but I wouldn't read too much into the waves, he does that at the end of every game he plays and is usually the last off the pitch.

It would seem an oddly sentimental move by Jimmy to bring him on when the game is in the balance against a direct rival just so he could say goodbye though. Especially if they don't get on which keeps being hinted at.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #806 on: January 10, 2018, 14:50:47 pm »

I have no idea if he is going or not, it would hardly be the biggest shock to see him leave but I wouldn't read too much into the waves, he does that at the end of every game he plays and is usually the last off the pitch.

It would seem an oddly sentimental move by Jimmy to bring him on when the game is in the balance against a direct rival just so he could say goodbye though. Especially if they don't get on which keeps being hinted at.

If Revell is on his way out you would have thought he'd put Rico on for the last few minutes. Otherwise there would be danger of him scoring a goal...
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #807 on: January 10, 2018, 14:56:13 pm »

If we are serious, I would say goodbye to Revell. Whether there has been an ongoing dispute between him and the manager, if he was a team player he'd be aware that his celebration would cause derision and wouldn't do it. His goal communicates his point enough and he should be celebrating the teams victory.
Report Spam   Logged
Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #808 on: January 10, 2018, 15:15:46 pm »

I seem to recall Revs had a similar celebration when he scored at home against MK last season, to prove the point they should have offered him a 2 year deal and kept him.

We asked Revs if he was off after the game and he said " no, well, not that i know of"  some kid came running up and said i heard you are going to Bury to which he said "no chance am i going all the way up there"

Also when he scored and run over, he was shouting at JFH ' that's 1! that's 1!  Maybe JFH has challenged him to get a certain number of goals??

I am not naïve enough to think he owes me the truth and nothing but the truth, just reporting back.

I suspect if he does leave it will be for someone fairly local.  The same with Rico, who (i may be wrong) despite being a northern lad lives local and settled?.

A girl I work with is a Stevenage supporter and I keep winding her up that we are going to get Godden or Newton off them and give them Rico or Revell. Completely made up on my part but the more i think about it the more it seems a viable option?
Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #809 on: January 10, 2018, 15:21:19 pm »

Probably worth keeping Revell for another week or so until we've played MK Dons. He looked really up for it in the game last season against them so hopefully more of the same.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #810 on: January 10, 2018, 15:48:37 pm »

You really think that if there was any ill feeling between Revs and JFH, that he would allow him to say goodbye in a finely poised and crucial game? Get a grip.

They probably had a little tiff, JFH has said "prove me wrong" or "why should I play you" and Revs has responded in the best way possible. If he carries on scoring then everyone will be happy.
None of our strikers (with the exception of the young lads or Waters maybe) will be going until a suitable replacement is found.

I reckon Waters back to Cheltenham, one of Rico/Revell to go to a local L2 team.
Others out (if we can shift them): Bowditch, Kasim, Hanley, a GK

Bring in:
- 1 out and out striker
- 1 forward (winger/striker)
- 1 CB
- 1 LB (who can also play CB ideally)

Leaves us with at least 2 in every position and good squad flexibility. Still a pretty big squad, but with a few youngsters on loan and a couple of long term injuries, it doesnt look silly.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #811 on: January 10, 2018, 15:54:45 pm »

Probably worth keeping Revell for another week or so until we've played MK Dons. He looked really Revved up for it in the game last season against them so hopefully more of the same.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #812 on: January 10, 2018, 16:46:17 pm »

Update from KT.  Potentially interesting him mentioning forwards

Also that we might have a bit of a lull before the more attacking options are signed

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xUlaXh_jAt4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #813 on: January 10, 2018, 16:54:03 pm »

I would consider letting any of the following leave in order to free up wages for improvements:

Cornell
Coddington
Hanley
Barnett
Smith
Foley
Kasim
Bowditch
Richards
Revell
Lobjoit
Waters

Reason being I would consider them to be the 'lower-band' of talent; whether ageing, not-needed, or simply not as good as the other best options for their positions. Trim this down and bring in less players, who are of a higher calibre.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 10, 2018, 17:05:32 pm »

Are you sure?
Well I was there Saturday and he first went to the Saarrf end fans then to the east then to the north waveing goodbye....100%
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #815 on: January 10, 2018, 17:12:24 pm »

Well I was there Saturday and he first went to the Saarrf end fans then to the east then to the north waveing goodbye....100%

There was hardly anybody left in the East Stand when he sauntered over!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3063

« Reply #816 on: January 10, 2018, 17:24:51 pm »

There was hardly anybody left in the East Stand when he sauntered over!

Not after he spent a good 5 minutes with the Southend fans behind the goal.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #817 on: January 10, 2018, 17:41:43 pm »

So was I, you view it your way and I'll interpret it in mine...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 10, 2018, 17:45:35 pm »

So was I, you view it your way and I'll interpret it in mine...

Aside from the away fans bit he does the lap every game he plays, win or lose, goal or not. He must have been leaving since his first game, that’s a long goodbye.

I guess he was talking to Southend fans as he used to play there.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #819 on: January 10, 2018, 18:54:22 pm »

If he goes to a club well outside his comfort area then you will be due an apology for doubting the veracity of your post plus a pint when we next meet at 6Fields!
Have you and number 04 met previously then?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: