The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:02:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126705 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #960 on: January 14, 2018, 08:29:36 am »

Weren't the blades trying to sign him all summer hence the contract extension?

Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the championship.

From what I understand when he signed the contract in tge summer he was promised by charlton tgat funds would be made avaliable and signings bought in the see than challenge for top two.

That clearly hasn't happened,  sheff u have revised their intrest and now he wants out. You can hardly blame him at 30 this is prob his last chance to play at that level.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #961 on: January 14, 2018, 08:51:13 am »

As I’ve said before , don’t get too excited about a sell on clause for Ricky .
You won’t get to know it’s value and the likelihood is that it won’t go into the playing budget .
As for Charlton , they have some good players and there has been a lot of money spent. They should be in the top 5 at least . Under performers .
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 14, 2018, 08:51:59 am »

Sheff Utd are small fish to Charlton who banked a reported £11 million when selling Lookman to Everton.

You'd hope one of the smaller Prem teams would take a punt on Holmes with a larger fee.

Shame the Chinese weren't here when Holmes was to leave. Maybe it wouldn't have happened.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 14, 2018, 09:02:43 am »

You won’t get to know it’s value and the likelihood is that it won’t go into the playing budget .
As for Charlton , they have some good players and there has been a lot of money spent. They should be in the top 5 at least . Under performers .

If you look at their incoming they have spent a grand total of £0.00 on transfer fees. I'm not saying the money isn't there to spend, I'm saying Ricky was promised funds would be spent to ensure they are challenging for top 2 and that has simply not happen because the chairman is looking to sell.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #964 on: January 14, 2018, 09:31:18 am »

We don't need to know how much sell on money we get, its irellevant as its a bonus we didn't expect. Well done whoever put the sell on clause in
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #965 on: January 14, 2018, 09:38:26 am »

We should use any bonus / sell on fee to put in a bid for Samir Carruthers. What a signing that would be
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 14, 2018, 09:45:59 am »

We should use any bonus / sell on fee to put in a bid for Samir Carruthers. What a signing that would be

I don't know much about him, but sheff u fans are very unimpressed with him
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #967 on: January 14, 2018, 09:53:59 am »

Have you seen the size of the squad? I very much doubt our current turnover covers it without investment into the club. I am of course guessing just like you.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3103

« Reply #968 on: January 14, 2018, 13:27:21 pm »

I just noticed that Chris Long is out of contract this summer. Should/Could we try and get that over the line?
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 14, 2018, 13:29:23 pm »

I just noticed that Chris Long is out of contract this summer. Should/Could we try and get that over the line?

No.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #970 on: January 14, 2018, 14:29:41 pm »

No.

Why?
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 14, 2018, 14:42:35 pm »

Why?

From what I’ve seen he’s not good enough, we should aim higher. Wouldn’t mind him as a back up, as he’s far from a bad player, but I think there are better option out there.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #972 on: January 14, 2018, 14:45:30 pm »

From what I’ve seen he’s not good enough

Wow, just wow.
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #973 on: January 14, 2018, 14:57:32 pm »

I think he's definitely good enough.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #974 on: January 14, 2018, 15:10:22 pm »

I don't think Long's future lies in the Premier League, but I think I think he'll go on to do very well at Championship level. He's certainly good enough for us in League One.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: January 14, 2018, 15:18:14 pm »

All about opinions, from what I’ve seen and from his interviews I’ve heard, I think he thinks he’s better than he actually is.
Report Spam   Logged
Freddie Ramscar

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #976 on: January 14, 2018, 15:35:43 pm »

All about opinions, from what I’ve seen and from his interviews I’ve heard, I think he thinks he’s better than he actually is.
As you say it is all about opinions but having considered many of your posts my opinion is you convince many people you are the ultimate twerp.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 14, 2018, 15:52:43 pm »

Would love that. Hard working, likes a shot and will definitely be a goalscorer at this level for years to come. One good season away from being a very highly valued asset.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #978 on: January 14, 2018, 15:56:38 pm »

If C78 says hes not good enough then....

He most definitely is.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #979 on: January 14, 2018, 16:35:12 pm »

A month ago I'd have been sending him back in all honesty. Not because he was a bad player, but he just didn't look like he had goals in him, even if he was playing in a very poor team.

In the last month he's been fantastic. His work rate has further increased, he's scoring regularly and he's clicked with an advanced John Joe.

Different player now than he was Aug-mid Dec.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: