The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:13:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126789 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1080 on: January 16, 2018, 08:11:48 am »

A clause in his existing contract. i.e. appearance based. Nobody needs to sign anything for it to become active, the clause already exists and it is automatically triggered should the terms of the clause be met.
Quite possible that nobody realised/remembered it was there, thus it being pretty embarrassing (and not wanting publicity) if it was overlooked.
If that’s true, it’s extremely poor management not to be aware .
Pretty poor diligence to even accept it in the first place .
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1081 on: January 16, 2018, 08:19:36 am »

How can a contract be “automatically extended” ?

Buchanan has extended his contract by 1 more year by virtue of having made a certain number of appearances for the club. Suspect thsi was a clause in the player's favour i.e. only he could activate it.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1082 on: January 16, 2018, 08:21:18 am »

If that’s true, it’s extremely poor management not to be aware .
Pretty poor diligence to even accept it in the first place .

Sounds like guess work creeping in! How do you prevent a player from extending his contract if it’s already written in? The contract should have had a clause requiring joint agreement from the club? Perhaps there is?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1083 on: January 16, 2018, 08:21:24 am »

I think that JFH was definitely aware of this clause, hence why Buchs was "rested".

However after Smith got injured, maybe he had no other choice than to play Buchs and trigger this clause? Fan opinion is divided on Buchs at the minute, we all recognise how great he has been for the club and that his commitment is never less than 110% but he has been poor this season.

The Twitter post (and his Mrs getting involved as well) before the club has announced this seems to show a rift behind the scenes, as many have alluded to. Hope all gets sorted for both parties, although if Buchs doesn't want to move on then he will be a very expensive backup.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 16, 2018, 08:23:35 am »

My guess on the Buchs situation...

Original 3 year contract had a clause in that if he played x games in season three a 12 month extension was triggered.
Nobody told Jimmy about this.
Jimmy has been on "getting through to January" mode since he got here and had made his mind up to upgrade the full backs.
In the meantime Buchs contract extension has been triggered and Jimmy is annoyed as, if he'd have known he'd have rotated Buchs out more so he isn't stuck with another 18month contract in Jan.
Buchs is a bit put out that Jimmy is annoyed that he is sticking around.

Egg is very much on the clubs face over this one. Change of Board and Manager(s) since Buchs signed his first contract are no excuse, there are plenty of people who have been at the club the whole time who should have known.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 16, 2018, 08:28:52 am »

It's obvious that the club are trying to resolve the issue with Buchs, therefore the extension has not been officially announced by the Club.
With these discussions ongoing Buchs has been very unprofessional by tweeting this imo...

Best solutions would be a swap deal Buchs for Bunny. He finishes his career with his hometown club & we get the replacement left back we are after.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1086 on: January 16, 2018, 08:29:27 am »

My guess on the Buchs situation...

Original 3 year contract had a clause in that if he played x games in season three a 12 month extension was triggered.
Nobody told Jimmy about this.
Jimmy has been on "getting through to January" mode since he got here and had made his mind up to upgrade the full backs.
In the meantime Buchs contract extension has been triggered and Jimmy is annoyed as, if he'd have known he'd have rotated Buchs out more so he isn't stuck with another 18month contract in Jan.
Buchs is a bit put out that Jimmy is annoyed that he is sticking around.

Egg is very much on the clubs face over this one. Change of Board and Manager(s) since Buchs signed his first contract are no excuse, there are plenty of people who have been at the club the whole time who should have known.

Are you suggesting that the manager is unaware of what is written in a players contract? A major squad player at that!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 16, 2018, 08:30:30 am »

Buchs had his contract automatically extended. NTFC are disputing it or keeping it quiet as they want him out. Not good press to announce contract extension followed by immediate sale/release as it shows incompetence somewhere in the ranks.
Buchs is being stubborn and not going anywhere without a decent pay off. Nobody is going to pay him as much as we do.

I reckon.

I’d agree, this makes sense.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 16, 2018, 08:32:53 am »

Are you suggesting that the manager is unaware of what is written in a players contract? A major squad player at that!

Yep that is absolutely what I suggested. I think we'd have seen Buchs rested a few more times earlier in the season if Jimmy knew, just so he wasn't tied in to a player even if he hadn't fully made his mind up on him.

I wonder if this is one of the "issues" Jimmy alluded to a few weeks back.

Like I said though all guesswork on my behalf. Feel free to think it is nonsense I won't be offended  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 16, 2018, 08:34:58 am »

Best solutions would be a swap deal Buchs for Bunny. He finishes his career with his hometown club & we get the replacement left back we are after.

It's certainly the obvious solution but it is only the best solution if;

A) We want Bunny (it seems we do)
B) Bunny wants to play for us
C) Rochdale want Buchs (why would they? If most of our fans are right he's not good enough for League 1)
D) Buchs wants to join Rochdale
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #1090 on: January 16, 2018, 08:52:10 am »

Sorry still can’t find where he says something official needs to come out from the club. When did he say that?
C78 & Mhead can you please provide the link? I've looked through his tweets and still can't find the quote anywhere
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #1091 on: January 16, 2018, 08:55:57 am »

https://twitter.com/_Buchs/status/953008722363772928
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #1092 on: January 16, 2018, 09:12:45 am »

C78 & Mhead can you please provide the link? I've looked through his tweets and still can't find the quote anywhere

You are reading it wrong. You read it as:

Now Buchs has tweeted this: "something official needs to come out of the club..."

What was actually said was to the effect of:

Now that Buchs has tweeted this, something official needs to come out of the club...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #1093 on: January 16, 2018, 09:22:23 am »

You are reading it wrong. You read it as:

Now Buchs has tweeted this: "something official needs to come out of the club..."

What was actually said was to the effect of:

Now that Buchs has tweeted this, something official needs to come out of the club...
Thank you JR all clear now.... glad you could see where I was coming from
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 16, 2018, 09:36:03 am »

Seems all is not right behind the scenes, particularly as now Mrs B has jumped on the case questioning why the club are interested in signing a new left back!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #1095 on: January 16, 2018, 09:52:42 am »

JFH confirmed the Buchs trigger extension this morning according to various Tweets.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1096 on: January 16, 2018, 10:03:19 am »

Seems all is not right behind the scenes, particularly as now Mrs B has jumped on the case questioning why the club are interested in signing a new left back!

Echos my thoughts exactly.

Feathers are being ruffled. JFH looks as if he's moving on the 'big personalities', those who perhaps have a high level of influence over their team mates. I was told there were issues (no names were given to me) sometime ago, whats happening now backs that up completely.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #1097 on: January 16, 2018, 10:06:28 am »

Makes sense, also happy for JFH to do that if it makes us better!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1098 on: January 16, 2018, 10:14:36 am »

Makes sense, also happy for JFH to do that if it makes us better!

Absolutely. As good as some of our senior players have been for us, if they are making managing the squad as a whole more difficult then its time for them to go. Think Sir Alex and his style of management!
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1099 on: January 16, 2018, 10:19:27 am »

https://twitter.com/ntfc/status/953217715573051392

This tweet confirms the appearance related contract clause ( a reasonably common clause inserted in players contracts).
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: