The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:48:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126895 times)
guest2235

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1100 on: January 16, 2018, 10:23:54 am »

On the signings front, Hasselbaink said he is still working had to bring new faces in, and hinted there could be some news as early as today.

“We are working very hard and yes, I do think there are more to come,” said the Town boss. “We are looking, and hopefully today will be a big day.”
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1101 on: January 16, 2018, 10:40:38 am »

That is hilarious .
How embarrassing . Don’t tell your missus anything and stay off Twitter .
JFH is in a very awkward situation now .
I heard there were issues with senior players at the start of the season .
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 16, 2018, 10:45:29 am »

Would rather a reliable Buchs in the squad over Smith if we are bringing in a new first team left back.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2487

« Reply #1103 on: January 16, 2018, 10:46:48 am »

That is hilarious .
How embarrassing . Don’t tell your missus anything and stay off Twitter .
JFH is in a very awkward situation now .
I heard there were issues with senior players at the start of the season .

Disagree that it is embarrassing and also that JFH is in a difficult position.

He obviously doesn't want Buchs so just won't play him. Especially as he is clearly signing a replacement.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 16, 2018, 10:48:55 am »

Big day today apparently, watch this space.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1105 on: January 16, 2018, 10:55:27 am »

I find it remarkable that people on here seriously think that the chairman, manager and chief exec wouldn't be aware of and discuss a clause in a player's contract as with Buchanan's.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1106 on: January 16, 2018, 10:57:44 am »

He obviously doesn't want Buchs so just won't play him. Especially as he is clearly signing a replacement.

It is awkward.

Buchs is without a shadow of doubt, the most 'respected' player we currently have. Respected by the fans, respected by the sponsors, respected by pretty much everyone connected with the football club.

He's a big personality. He's also a top bloke, I know this having sat right next to him at the awards night shortly after we won the league.  An influence in the dressing room and on the training pitch. If his views (and I am speculating here) do not marry up with the managers (rightly or wrongly) then there are going to be problems.

It would be a shame if he was to leave but any football manager needs to have full control of his group to have a decent chance of succeeding in the job. There have been factions within the squad making this difficult, I think that is fairly well known. The details of these factions have in the main been kept in-house and rightly so. Until now, JFH hasn't been able to do much about them. Id hazard a guess that its the intelligent players that are causing the biggest issues, JFH has to stamp his authority quick if we are to continue progressing after recent good results!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1107 on: January 16, 2018, 10:58:12 am »

Oh really ?
If my missus came into twitter discussing personal and undisclosed information , I wouldn’t be happy .
As for JFH , he clearly wants shot of Buchs and the player rightly wants what he has earned .
It’s awkward because it doesn’t make for good team spirit . Neither does the Revell situation .
I suspect Buchs will get a compromise deal and go .
Jimmys assessment of the situation this morning isn’t exactly endorsing !
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #1108 on: January 16, 2018, 11:05:10 am »

Oh really ?
If my missus came into twitter discussing personal and undisclosed information , I wouldn’t be happy .
As for JFH , he clearly wants shot of Buchs and the player rightly wants what he has earned .
It’s awkward because it doesn’t make for good team spirit . Neither does the Revell situation .
I suspect Buchs will get a compromise deal and go .
Jimmys assessment of the situation this morning isn’t exactly endorsing !

This context makes more sense.

I personally don't think it is a massive thing though, getting blown out of proportion a little.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1109 on: January 16, 2018, 11:11:04 am »

It is awkward.

Buchs is without a shadow of doubt, the most 'respected' player we currently have. Respected by the fans, respected by the sponsors, respected by pretty much everyone connected with the football club.

He's a big personality. He's also a top bloke, I know this having sat right next to him at the awards night shortly after we won the league.  An influence in the dressing room and on the training pitch. If his views (and I am speculating here) do not marry up with the managers (rightly or wrongly) then there are going to be problems.

It would be a shame if he was to leave but any football manager needs to have full control of his group to have a decent chance of succeeding in the job. There have been factions within the squad making this difficult, I think that is fairly well known. The details of these factions have in the main been kept in-house and rightly so. Until now, JFH hasn't been able to do much about them. Id hazard a guess that its the intelligent players that are causing the biggest issues, JFH has to stamp his authority quick if we are to continue progressing after recent good results!

He may be all of those things that you are suggesting however if his performance has dropped to a level that doesn't warrant first team selection, he either sits on the bench or finds himself another club, the choice is his now that he has an extension to his contract.  IMO he has been struggling on the playing side for some time now and was consistently being targeted by the opposition as an obvious weak link.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: January 16, 2018, 11:19:13 am »

I find it remarkable that people on here seriously think that the chairman, manager and chief exec wouldn't be aware of and discuss a clause in a player's contract as with Buchanan's.

You're probably right but what nags at me is why would Jimmy play him pretty much every game if he knew? If he wasn't sure if he wanted keep him he could have easily planned to get to January without triggering the clause.

Neither does the Revell situation

Without appearing stupid, what is the Revell situation?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #1111 on: January 16, 2018, 11:21:29 am »

I am not suprised that in a squad of 30 players that factions exist in EVERY club. No player is bigger than the club, be it Sanchez or Buchanan It is up to the manager to manipulate the squad to get a progression of the situation.
The business so far this January (as in previous Januarys under KT) has been good and I expect further improvement during the remaining days of the window, in and out.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 16, 2018, 11:34:00 am »

You're probably right but what nags at me is why would Jimmy play him pretty much every game if he knew? If he wasn't sure if he wanted keep him he could have easily planned to get to January without triggering the clause.

Because he wants to win games by picking his strongest team would be my guess here.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 16, 2018, 11:38:27 am »

Because he wants to win games by picking his strongest team would be my guess here.

Right, but he trusted Smith to play left back against Wigan, why not trust him against Bristol Rovers or Bury or Rotherham as examples?

If he doesn't want Buchs because there are issues with him within the squad (as some have suggested) and he knew about the clause in the contract, it seems odd that he would allow it to be triggered? All he had to do was trust Smith in 5 or 6 more games, going by the fact it seems to have been triggered in recent weeks.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1114 on: January 16, 2018, 11:41:02 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-boss-hasselbaink-confirms-contract-extension-for-defender-buchanan-1-8332069

JFH sounds well pleased about it too
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 16, 2018, 11:42:29 am »

Right, but he trusted Smith to play left back against Wigan, why not trust him against Bristol Rovers or Bury or Rotherham as examples?

Smith played a couple days after the last game, Buchs would understandably be tired and was rested. Smith wasn't trusted in the other games due to the fact he's pretty much useless and his next club will probably be back in the conference.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 16, 2018, 11:49:32 am »

Smith played a couple days after the last game, Buchs would understandably be tired and was rested. Smith wasn't trusted in the other games due to the fact he's pretty much useless and his next club will probably be back in the conference.

Hmm, plenty of players played through those festive games without being rested, not sure why Buchs would have been special. I guess he could have been dropped due to a poor performance at Pompey. I just think there is enough there to suggest Jimmy may not have known. Fully admit I am just guessing though.

I also think you're being slightly harsh on Smith too but that's just my opinion.

Anyway.....back to the transfer rumours.....
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 16, 2018, 11:57:04 am »

JFH 100% didnt know about the clause untill it was too late.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1118 on: January 16, 2018, 11:57:29 am »

In that same conference Hasselbaink says 'today could be a big day', so I assume Bunney would be expected in the next 12 hours.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #1119 on: January 16, 2018, 11:59:29 am »

Bunney will be a good signing, not sure it constitutes a "big day" though so hopefully another to come in too.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: