The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:24:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126830 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1120 on: January 16, 2018, 12:00:40 pm »

JFH 100% didnt know about the clause untill it was too late.

Have you asked him?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 16, 2018, 12:01:55 pm »

You're probably right but what nags at me is why would Jimmy play him pretty much every game if he knew? If he wasn't sure if he wanted keep him he could have easily planned to get to January without triggering the clause.

Because I don't think Jimmy/KT are the kind of of douchebags who'd hold a player's career back because of a clause in his contract.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1122 on: January 16, 2018, 12:02:07 pm »

At best , we will have a very well respected , well liked and highly paid player as third choice left back . Maybe even 4th choice if Smith is in front of him .
Buchs is a legend but i am with JFH on this one - it’s time for a spring clean .
A compromise deal is needed to move on .
The blame lies with allowing the clause to be inserted in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 16, 2018, 12:03:06 pm »

The blame lies with allowing the clause to be inserted in the first place.

Buchanan signed for the club in summer 2015, when DC was still chairman and CW was manager.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 16, 2018, 12:07:25 pm »

Because I don't think Jimmy/KT are the kind of of douchebags who'd hold a player's career back because of a clause in his contract.

Why would it have held his career back?

Not sure how many games we've played this season so far but let's say it is 30. It seems the trigger has been fairly recent so let's say it was 25 games. Why would it have held Buchs career back at all if he just played, say 20 games to this point this season?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1125 on: January 16, 2018, 12:09:30 pm »

What’s the problem
He wants to play for us
He doesn’t want to move
He’s here for another year.
If he isn’t a first team regular he is hell of a decent squad member.
Here’s my two penneth
It’s hard to look decent when the whole team isn’t performing and you are under constant pressure.
This isn’t the case now we have more of an attacking threat and are dangerous ourselves
I bet now we look a decent team again with an attacking threat some of our underperforming or should I say overworked players will look well above average again!
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #1126 on: January 16, 2018, 12:21:11 pm »

Hasselbaink confirmed that is indeed the case during Tuesday morning’s press conference, and said: “David had a clause in his contract, that triggered automatically.

“We know how many games David has played for the club, and he is one of the members of the squad, so good for him.”

Sounds thrilled, doesn't he!
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 16, 2018, 12:21:40 pm »

What’s the problem
He wants to play for us
He doesn’t want to move
He’s here for another year.
If he isn’t a first team regular he is hell of a decent squad member.
Here’s my two penneth
It’s hard to look decent when the whole team isn’t performing and you are under constant pressure.
This isn’t the case now we have more of an attacking threat and are dangerous ourselves
I bet now we look a decent team again with an attacking threat some of our underperforming or should I say overworked players will look well above average again!

Because he is simply not good enough this season, let alone next. Not strong enough in the challenge and constantly being done for pace...it ain't gonna improve hence why JFH is not too happy!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1128 on: January 16, 2018, 12:25:24 pm »

Because he is simply not good enough this season, let alone next. Not strong enough in the challenge and constantly being done for pace...it ain't gonna improve hence why JFH is not too happy!

Blunt but correct...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1129 on: January 16, 2018, 12:36:27 pm »

My guess on the Buchs situation...

Original 3 year contract had a clause in that if he played x games in season three a 12 month extension was triggered.
Nobody told Jimmy about this.
Jimmy has been on "getting through to January" mode since he got here and had made his mind up to upgrade the full backs.
In the meantime Buchs contract extension has been triggered and Jimmy is annoyed as, if he'd have known he'd have rotated Buchs out more so he isn't stuck with another 18month contract in Jan.
Buchs is a bit put out that Jimmy is annoyed that he is sticking around.

Egg is very much on the clubs face over this one. Change of Board and Manager(s) since Buchs signed his first contract are no excuse, there are plenty of people who have been at the club the whole time who should have known.
Maybe KT forgot t put this in one of his PowerPoint presentations  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1130 on: January 16, 2018, 12:46:11 pm »

He may be all of those things that you are suggesting however if his performance has dropped to a level that doesn't warrant first team selection, he either sits on the bench or finds himself another club, the choice is his now that he has an extension to his contract.  IMO he has been struggling on the playing side for some time now and was consistently being targeted by the opposition as an obvious weak link.

Agree 100%.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 16, 2018, 12:48:56 pm »

Maybe KT forgot t put this in one of his PowerPoint presentations  Tongue

I still think he might end up going. Maybe part of a swap deal with Rochdale for Bunney
Report Spam   Logged
Onetouch

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1132 on: January 16, 2018, 12:58:01 pm »

I agree still think he will go.
Plenty of players sign new contracts and end up leaving
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 16, 2018, 13:04:12 pm »

I suspect you're right but it certainly makes it harder to move him on.

Bunney is an interesting one, only had a season and a half as a left back after being converted. It is one of those that could go either way, his initial form could have been a bit of "beginners luck" and he could fall away from the promise he has shown or he could continue to improve in his new position, in which case we could have an excellent player on our hands. if we sign him of course.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1134 on: January 16, 2018, 13:07:16 pm »

i think JFH likes his full backs to be able to play football - as well as being of the old school defender type.

DB doesnt fit the bill sadly.

and clearly, with an 18 month contract he will be too high an earner to take up a squad place.

if anyone comes in for him i would think he would leave, to play football, he doesnt seem the type to sit on his aris................its just now it will look like the club forcing him out, rather than him wanting to leave.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1135 on: January 16, 2018, 13:07:52 pm »

Don't get me wrong Buchs was a great player for us, unfortunately time has caught up with his legs and he is one of the reasons we've shipped so many goals this season.
Teams constantly attack down our right for a reason
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 16, 2018, 13:10:00 pm »

He never signed a new contract, it was an automatic contract extension trigger, linked to his original 3 year contract...

JFH has had no other option at left back than to play him,
George Smith was signed as a wing back by JE and is not ready to be a regular left back/wing back (and he's always injured!)

So JFH hands have been completely tied and from what he/we have seen, Buchs has been a weak link.

If Buchs wants to play regularly (like Rico) then he will move on. If he digs his heels in and causes unrest within the squad it could get very messy...

Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 16, 2018, 13:29:06 pm »

JFH has had no other option at left back than to play him,
George Smith was signed as a wing back by JE and is not ready to be a regular left back/wing back (and he's always injured!)

As I said before though, given that the clause seems to have only recently been triggered he would have probably only had to play Smith in  or 5 games to hold the clause off until this month. If he was trusted against Wigan, probably the best team in the league surely he could have been played against a few other sides.

I'm not sure he is always injured either, he's just in and out of the squad a lot with Jimmy's tinkering, he would have easily been available for >10 games this season
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #1138 on: January 16, 2018, 13:40:35 pm »

So how many games did Buchs have to play over the last 3 seasons before this clause was triggered?
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 16, 2018, 13:45:08 pm »

So how many games did Buchs have to play over the last 3 seasons before this clause was triggered?

I'm sure someone with more knowledge on footballers contracts will correct me but my impression is that these sort of clauses tend to be "if you play x games in your final season you will get a 1 year extension" rather than a number of games over the course of the contract. Not sure if it just League games or all competitions.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: