The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:32:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2018 Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 126712 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1560 on: January 30, 2018, 11:15:03 am »

Harsh...not good enough granted but puts in more of a shift than either or the work shy Bowditch or Kasim

Pretty sure in one game that Hanley did quite well. A  lower league club might well be interested in him as a low cost back up! As for Bowditch definitely a reasonable buy for a league club; there is a player hiding in him there. To a certain extent the same applies to Kasim.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #1561 on: January 30, 2018, 11:22:00 am »

Kasim played in a team that wasn't playing well and only had 2 starts in a row. He's clearly a good player, just didn't get up to speed and sometimes things just don't work out. A shame. On form, he's the type of player I'd like to watch on a regular basis.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1562 on: January 30, 2018, 11:31:12 am »

I'd agree. I think both Bowditch and Kasim are decent if unspectacular players that will do a decent job for someone or other. The thing is for them, they are now so far down the pecking order with much better players ahead of them that they aren't going to get much (if any) game time, which in fairness means that whenever they do get a sniff then they are going to be rusty and written off as useless.

I guess the problem we'll have with moving them on is that other clubs will just look at the league table and say "they aren't good enough to get into that team?!"
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #1563 on: January 30, 2018, 11:33:47 am »

I have a feeling Van Veen is close - no basis for this, just a feeling!
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #1564 on: January 30, 2018, 11:41:31 am »

According to my source, any new signings will be in before 23:00 tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 30, 2018, 11:42:29 am »

Pretty sure in one game that Hanley did quite well.

One game he did 'quite well' in how many seasons? He'll be playing pub football after the Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 30, 2018, 11:43:19 am »

According to my source, any new signings will be in before 23:00 tomorrow.

I'd heard that too so I reckon your source is on point! ;0)
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1567 on: January 30, 2018, 11:47:47 am »

I agree, but if we have an injury crisis and we can't bring anybody in then it's not a bad thing having them waiting in the wings given that we can't sign anyone else.

Bringing players in does not seem to be dependent on us shifting the deadwood so I don't think there's a huge urgency to get rid from JFH's point of view (KT will see it differently I'm sure).
It would have to be some injury crisis for some of these lads to get a game - more like the Black Plague at Sixfields there are so many players in front of them !
JFH has stayed he wants a tighter squad and so he definitely wants them gone .
Don’t be too harsh on Hanley - the bloke tried hard when he played but wasn’t quite up to standard . He has done well even to still he here !
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1568 on: January 30, 2018, 12:17:24 pm »

I have a feeling Van Veen is close - no basis for this, just a feeling!

I really hope you're right but I somehow can't see it.

5 goals in his last 8 games for Sc***horpe (having previously not scored in the league this season) has probably put a spanner in the works of any deal we had lined up.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 30, 2018, 12:26:27 pm »

I really hope you're right but I somehow can't see it.

5 goals in his last 8 games for Sc***horpe (having previously not scored in the league this season) has probably put a spanner in the works of any deal we had lined up.

I think he is going somewhere  - depends if we are his destination!
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 30, 2018, 12:30:59 pm »

Breaking our record transfer fee perhaps? #joshlow #skint
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1571 on: January 30, 2018, 12:34:59 pm »

I think he is going somewhere  - depends if we are his destination!

On what basis do you think he's leaving?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1572 on: January 30, 2018, 12:37:33 pm »

He's clearly a good player

he isn't.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #1573 on: January 30, 2018, 12:41:35 pm »

Where have the Van Veen rumours come from? Aside from both he and JFH being Dutch I don't get why people think we're in for him.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #1574 on: January 30, 2018, 12:52:32 pm »

Where have the Van Veen rumours come from? Aside from both he and JFH being Dutch I don't get why people think we're in for him.
His agent.....ssshhhhhhhh!
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #1575 on: January 30, 2018, 12:59:46 pm »

he isn't.

Good insight. Being the playmaker in a swindon side that nearly got to the championship isn't enough, so I'll go with your knowledge.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 30, 2018, 13:02:20 pm »

On what basis do you think he's leaving?

Looking at scunny forums and twitter, there fans seen to think he is off somewhere, possibly back to holland tho as a couple of Dutch clubs have also been linked.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 30, 2018, 13:03:28 pm »

Good insight. Being the playmaker in a swindon side that nearly got to the championship isn't enough, so I'll go with your knowledge.

dont take it from me - ask JED and JFH - both of them didnt play him and swindon were happy to get rid.

we got promoted with ryan gilligan in the team - and he was dreadful
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 30, 2018, 13:04:03 pm »

Where have the Van Veen rumours come from?

people in the know..............
Report Spam   Logged
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 30, 2018, 13:08:38 pm »

If he is heading off somewhere this would be a bit of a waste of time  Grin Grin
https://www.sc***horpe-united.co.uk/news/2018/january/send-your-questions-in-for-vanveen/
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: