The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:15:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Pompey (A) Checkatrade Trophy (R2) 2/12 (12.30pm)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pompey (A) Checkatrade Trophy (R2) 2/12 (12.30pm)  (Read 4890 times)
guest2487

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2017, 16:56:32 pm »

Bit concerning that JFH is calling Hoskins one of our most important players.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2017, 17:31:45 pm »

I personally don’t get Hoskins at all. He reminds me of Gilligan and I wasn’t his biggest fan.
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2017, 17:37:34 pm »

I’m sorry to say that with the supposed overflow of midfield talent we have, they cannot muster an effective threat to any team at the moment. Crooks promises so much, but delivers little! Between them they don’t show enough spirit and derermination. JJOT is a big miss. Delivery to the forwards is poor...and we know that we are already lacking lacking in that department.
I don’t think we can blame JFH at the moment. The business his predecessor did in the summer was curious to say the least. JFH has already said that he will try and shift players out in January - and I suspect that there are one or two in the squad who may not have as good an attitude as he would like.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2017, 17:51:30 pm »

I’m also getting a bit fed up with the complete lack of accurate injury updates - Powell has been supposedly in contention to return for the last 2 weeks but is somehow still touch and go for next Saturday, likewise with jjot who was supposed to be having a fitness test for last weeks match and now seems unlikely to be back for Oldham. If JFH wants a result at Oldham he’s got to move heaven and earth to get Powell, jjot, crooks and long (and 7 others!) fit and on the pitch together - only then are we going to have the chance of stopping the rot.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2017, 18:37:03 pm »

He has pace, something the rest of the squad is sadly lacking. So, yes he is fairly important at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2017, 18:46:23 pm »

I personally don’t get Hoskins at all. He reminds me of Gilligan and I wasn’t his biggest fan.

Agree totally, hoskins is a bang average league 2 player at best.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2017, 18:47:02 pm »

I think we are in a bit of trouble .
We haven’t managed to get our best players firing at all .
January won’t solve all if any of the problems.
The players we already have need to step up .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2017, 19:04:52 pm »

I like Sam Hoskins.

Last season he was one of the only players to actually worry teams in this league, okay he needs to score more but add that to his game and he could prove a big asset in the next couple of years. He's still only 24.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2017, 19:53:40 pm »

He has pace, something the rest of the squad is sadly lacking. So, yes he is fairly important at the moment.

I get that.

Just think it's a sign of the squad that he's one of the most important players.
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2017, 20:04:03 pm »

Hoskins has the right attitude and commitment. In the right hands and with his pace he will develop into a really good no. 8.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2017, 20:18:38 pm »

Include me, in that statement.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2017, 20:28:50 pm »

Hoskins will struggle to play League Football in the next year or so, National League at best.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2017, 20:33:35 pm »

In fairness he’s trying to prepare us for the fact we won’t be spending money on decent strikers instead trying to convince us and himself that Sam Hoskins is the answer to our goalscoring woes.......
The clues regards January are coming through loud and clear....
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2017, 20:36:10 pm »

In fairness he’s trying to prepare us for the fact we won’t be spending money on decent strikers instead trying to convince us and himself that Sam Hoskins is the answer to our goalscoring woes.......
The clues regards January are coming through loud and clear....

Well if that's what his doing shoes,  no one will buy it and it certainly will not work
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2017, 20:48:14 pm »

Well if that's what his doing shoes,  no one will buy it and it certainly will not work

?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2017, 20:50:19 pm »

It's impossible for us to speculate on who we're going to be able to bring in as we have no information to go on other than KT saying that funds are there. With the Chinese remaining mute in the background who can say whether JFH is going to be given big money to splash out on permanent signings (which would be a long term statement) or if we're going to go for "high quality" loanees. I have got to say that if we are signing this midfielder from Southend then it isn't exactly the most inspiring of starts to the squad rebuilding.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2017, 22:05:46 pm »

I think we are in a bit of trouble .
We haven’t managed to get our best players firing at all .
January won’t solve all if any of the problems.
The players we already have need to step up .

You might be a miserable old git, but do you have to incessantly bore us with your domesday pronouncements.
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2017, 22:30:41 pm »

You might be a miserable old git, but do you have to incessantly bore us with your domesday pronouncements.

I'd call it honesty nevers.

Maybe you should try it sometime, I know how difficult you find it removing those claret tinted specs.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2017, 23:14:09 pm »

I'd call it honesty nevers.

Maybe you should try it sometime, I know how difficult you find it removing those claret tinted specs.

Do you? It might be honesty to you, but sounded like a wail to me.  I was at the game today and can assure there is no way I look at the current situation thru' tinted glasses, claret or otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2017, 09:00:13 am »

In the context of where we are in the League our exit is probably a good thing but yesterday was not impressive and although I don't see JFH as being under pressure for his job he has clearly failed to turn things around quickly once he has had his say in the transfer market.  I think we will do well to stay in this division. January is key and apart from the glaring need for a couple of proven strikers other players need replacing.  Midfield continues to disappoint.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: