The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:11:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Is anyone else?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone else?  (Read 2403 times)
guest2487

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 22:35:20 pm »

Spot on, nice to know I’m not the only one that feels like this. The only thing I would add is that I’m getting bored & disillusioned with football altogether!!!

I get like that with football and then something always reignites the flame.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 07:19:05 am »

Call me cynical but I am wondering if KT & friends having recovered their original investment with something on top (a reasonable assumption I think) are just going through the motions of whatever he agreed with the Chinese as the period for staying on as the front man.  I am certain that dealing with NBC is frustrating at the best of times but infinitively worse given the enormous fraud wreaked by we know who on public monies for which the Council was responsible.  I worry about the club if the Chinese took over completely because so little is known about them and their source of funds. 

A large part of the underlying problem remains the stadium and its lack of income producing outlets and although we may have the occasional good season the foundations are not in place for a sustained improvement on or off the pitch. 

KT is not helping the situation with a conspicuous lack of information in recent months. He could and should do better. The recent Facebook session was an exercise in superficiality.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 07:39:55 am »

I think that the majority of us have been bored of it since about page 10 (if not earlier) of the Redev thread to a level of apathetic and insignificant indifference that surprises a small number of people on here.
As long as I am able to purchase a ticket for and watch the team when I am available to, the rest of it disappears into the white noise of my tinnitus.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 07:56:49 am »

Every couple of years I get bored with it yet still renew and keep coming. It's the life of the hardcore 3500-4000. Keep turning up out of habit, sometimes enjoy it as an alternative to bugger all on a Saturday/ Tuesday. Enjoy the morose comments from those enlightened people near me who similarly will be their next week and year.
 Away games when I can are normally a brighter spot as people seem more up for it. We need to bring that to Sixfields. Let's have a home match designated as an an away fixture. Hold on didn't Oxford to that?! Joking aside who wants mid table mediocrity season after season?

I sometimes get tempted to take a full season off to try and reignite my level of interest for the following year but somehow I just can't do it.

Teyn
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2017, 08:49:20 am »

Darlington, Stockport County, Aldershot, Hereford Utd, Torquay etc...  Their supporters probably all wish they could be as bored as us...

our name shouldve been amongst them had it not been for chard/ Kidderminster ground planning / Wilder /nbc all luckily  getting the right results/ bounce of the ball,  so lets not forget  pi55 poor management and the clubs poor infrastructure has taken us to the brink on many occasions and what improvements have been made?
The extra big door will come in handy when squeaky bum times come around again.
We need to one day maximise all the potential at our disposal to escape the clutches of those holding us back.

Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 15:41:31 pm »

The laws of probability mean that we’ll score a goal again at some point. 86/87 was certainly very special.

Why? Was it the last time we scored?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 13:06:18 pm »

Normally this forum is busy on a Sunday after a game. Maybe quite a few are bored with this season, I am.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2017, 14:50:23 pm »

Following Brackley or Kettering would appear to offer a far more positive experience these days. For what it's worth I believe we are now planning for League 2 football next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 15:10:30 pm »

Following Brackley or Kettering would appear to offer a far more positive experience these days. For what it's worth I believe we are now planning for League 2 football next season.

As much Kelvin and the Chinese are in a difficult position regarding the development. There are no such constraints on how much ambition they can show when it comes to keeping us up. So, where as I have fully supported their efforts to get the stadium off the ground, I won't be nowhere near as generous if they fail to reward our patience by not strengthening the squad.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 16:05:47 pm »

What makes you think we're planning for league 2 next season? What a stupid thing to say. Anyone would think we're 10 points adrift or something.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 17:17:54 pm »

For what it's worth I believe we are now planning for League 2 football next season.

Is that why we spent serious money on the likes of Crooks, Waters, Pierre and Foley (all of whom were wanted by other clubs)?  Roll Eyes

We are where we are due to one overwhelming issue: unbalanced (rather than necessarily poor) recruitment. IMO we are two or three signings (wingers, striker) away from being a very competent proposition at this level. Whether JFH brings the right men in remains to be seen, but until then he deserves a measure of patience rather than negativity and defeatism.

Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 08:35:08 am »

I have to agree with you Bungle, I don't think we are a million miles away, get the right players in during the window in January and it should see us turning a corner and moving up the table. A couple of strikers, and a couple of wingers. Get QPR to release Ingram for us to sign and cover for Moloney and I think we have the squad and team to do ok at this level. We also hve a few players just coming back from injury and playing not fully fit and it has been pretty much like that since JFH took over.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 08:48:12 am »

Is that why we spent serious money on the likes of Crooks, Waters, Pierre and Foley (all of whom were wanted by other clubs)?  Roll Eyes

...........,,,.,, but until then he deserves a measure of patience rather than negativity and defeatism.

They fully feel justified and believe strongly in free speech, especially their own!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:48:46 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 16:49:50 pm »

I have to agree with you Bungle, I don't think we are a million miles away, get the right players in during the window in January and it should see us turning a corner and moving up the table. A couple of strikers, and a couple of wingers. Get QPR to release Ingram for us to sign and cover for Moloney and I think we have the squad and team to do ok at this level. We also hve a few players just coming back from injury and playing not fully fit and it has been pretty much like that since JFH took over.

Isn't Phillips cover for Moloney at right back and now back in training? I think he's a useful alternative to Moloney as he has more pace.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2017, 19:51:17 pm »

We're a pretty small club with no real ambition so we'll be in League 1 and probably League 2 forever.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 15:47:30 pm »

We're a pretty small club with no real ambition so we'll be in League 1 and probably League 2 forever.

That sounds about right.... I knew there was a definite reason why I am bored.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 15:47:56 pm »

with this present lot of time wasters, certainly.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: