The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 21:42:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oldham (a) 9th Dec

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oldham (a) 9th Dec  (Read 13707 times)
ajp

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2017, 05:32:48 am »

Tim's a good journalist, he needed to ask that - and I'm sure it won't be the last time our dear manager needs to be challenged!

Got a bit scared when JF answered him though didn't he..
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2017, 07:59:43 am »

Got a bit scared when JF answered him though didn't he..

Nice to finally see a bit of passion from JFH when he was asked about this though.

I don't think we should sack him. If we end up in League 2 then so be it, but give him a chance to get some players that fit his tactics/formation and give it a go.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2017, 08:23:44 am »

Tim’s brave question ( fair play to him ) opened up a weakness in JFH .
He admitted there were and are issues at the club .
He may have only been referring to the squad imbalance but I think there is senior player unrest .
Quite honestly I don’t care . JFH is there to do a job and find a style of play that suits the players we have .
He hasn’t done it and he doesn’t know his best team .
Stop whingeing and take responsibility for some big time Charlie players that are simply mugging us off with abject performances
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2017, 08:38:27 am »

Nice to finally see a bit of passion from JFH when he was asked about this though.

I don't think we should sack him. If we end up in League 2 then so be it, but give him a chance to get some players that fit his tactics/formation and give it a go.

Lets make dropping into the arse end of the football league and starting again  as a league 2 club a complete non starter,  that wont be tolerated by the Town and its football supporters.
Players and management a like should be given immediate notice to vastly improve and talks of unrest and fractured relationships should dealt with before those unhappy ever put on the claret shirt again.
 Thomas and co, The Chinese  and any others who supposedly  hold our clubs future  interests should be forced to reveal to our Supporters/the trust/the town and county of  any future plans for our club and ambitions up and above getting control of valuble land worth millions... We need to know whats in it for us.. the football club of Northampton.
If its not acceptable  get the council on side of the clubs supporters wishes above those of outsider investors who may not hold the clubs best future interests that highly and bargain hard for the best for our club.
Anyone who witnessed that shambles yesterday could see how far we've fallen as a team and many big player reputations in tatters.
It cant continue and vast improvements must start next Saturday v Walsall.  
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 10, 2017, 09:01:11 am »

I agree with the sentiments expressed by Beds but I'm not sure that he is right about our owners wanting to making a profit for their own benefit from NBC owned land.  KT denied this on his recent Facebook session. So it has to be a matter of record. As always, we will see.

The non-progress of the redevelopment remains a dark shadow over the club. There is also the question of KT's commitment to the club and the reality behind the Chinese who remain silent partners but in effect own control NTFC. Not a good situation and all unsettling. 

In addition to the many non-footballing issues we are faced with a major crisis on the playing side.  It must be about 20 games since JFH's arrival and as the weeks go past it must be apparent to all that we are getting worse and that is saying something after the mess JED and Page before him contrived to make.  But 20 games on is long enough to turn the side into a competitive unit, we are seeing the opposite and we are sliding towards L2 at an increasing rate.  The buck stops with KT who appoints the manager and ultimately JFH. 
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2017, 09:23:35 am »

Having just seen the highlights, Cornell can't be blamed for any of the goals. An indisciplined unorganised defence in front of him should shoulder and have the blame aimed at them.
I'm not bothered about what is going on behind the scenes regarding either the squad or the East Stand. At the end of the season I want us to setting up for another season in this division, or all that went on during CW's reign both on and off the field will be wasted.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
slabtish

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2017, 09:27:57 am »

the chinese investors have been silent from the word go, kt is potentially out of his depth, the council have been hoodwinked despite trying to help,when the next manager is appointed it he will come from the same merry go round of failures. our best managers like carr and wilder were on the way up from non league. as ive said before give kevin wilkin a go he cannot do any worse. the only thing is he is not a proven failure on the merry go round !!
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2017, 09:28:54 am »

Lets make dropping into the arse end of the football league and starting again  as a league 2 club a complete non starter,  that wont be tolerated by the Town and its football supporters.
Players and management a like should be given immediate notice to vastly improve and talks of unrest and fractured relationships should dealt with before those unhappy ever put on the claret shirt again.
 Thomas and co, The Chinese  and any others who supposedly  hold our clubs future  interests should be forced to reveal to our Supporters/the trust/the town and county of  any future plans for our club and ambitions up and above getting control of valuble land worth millions... We need to know whats in it for us.. the football club of Northampton.
If its not acceptable  get the council on side of the clubs supporters wishes above those of outsider investors who may not hold the clubs best future interests that highly and bargain hard for the best for our club.
Anyone who witnessed that shambles yesterday could see how far we've fallen as a team and many big player reputations in tatters.
It cant continue and vast improvements must start next Saturday v Walsall.  

f*** off back to your Redevelopment Thread.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2017, 09:30:15 am »

I agree that staying in this division has to be the priority but ignoring what is going on behind the scenes is sticking your head in the sand.  After all we are trying to attract players to the club. Many agents are well informed about clubs.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2017, 09:32:34 am »

In addition to the many non-footballing issues we are faced with a major crisis on the playing side.  It must be about 20 games since JFH's arrival and as the weeks go past it must be apparent to all that we are getting worse and that is saying something after the mess JED and Page before him contrived to make.  But 20 games on is long enough to turn the side into a competitive unit, we are seeing the opposite and we are sliding towards L2 at an increasing rate.  The buck stops with KT who appoints the manager and ultimately JFH. 

Would you sack JFH at this point? If so, who would you look to appoint?

I'm as pissed off with anyone at how we have played, we all have to sit and watch it. But I'm not sure that another manager is the answer, we will just start the merry go round again like when we got rid of Page. Maybe scrape safety by the skin of our teeth and then repeat the following season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2017, 09:38:09 am »

Interesting stuff from Gillingham fans on Twitter who are saying it was exactly the same when Pennock took over from JED with them. In terms of behind the scenes issues.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2017, 09:39:07 am »

Yes I would.  Personally, I have no confidence JFH has the managerial know-how to turn this mess around. I think it is getting visibly worse.  I don't think KT will act and I accept the majority will say give him the January transfer window to build his own side.  When did we last hear that?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2017, 09:39:59 am »

We need someone who can instill discipline.
Justin Edinburgh at Leyton Orient would be a good appointment.
Failing that, just bring Sam Allardyce is half as nice from, is it Everton?

Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2017, 09:44:04 am »

I agree that staying in this division has to be the priority but ignoring what is going on behind the scenes is sticking your head in the sand.  After all we are trying to attract players to the club. Many agents are well informed about clubs.

True to some extent, but wilder didn't let off pitch issues effect performances on the pitch
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2017, 09:45:43 am »

That air of untouchable arrogence, almost like how dare you ask me that I did not like.

Bit of decent questioning from Tim as you say for a change!

Naive comments!

Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #235 on: December 10, 2017, 09:51:42 am »

Naive comments!

Hahahahahaha what is naive about it?Huh?

You really are something else!

I was pleased to see your claret tinted glasses were removed from your face momenterally yesterday when you commented on the performance.

They wernt off for long!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #236 on: December 10, 2017, 09:54:49 am »

It’s really not as easy as replacing him, even if there was an appetite to do so. He’s on a 3 year deal!
In terms of unrest. It’s probably a number of big time Charlie’s to try and control. The ones who clearly aren’t as good as they think they are. It must be frustrating for him but at the same time no one put a gun to his head to take the job.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 10, 2017, 10:00:53 am »

Hahahahahaha what is naive about it?Huh?

You really are something else!

I was pleased to see your claret tinted glasses were removed from your face momenterally yesterday when you commented on the performance.

They wernt off for long!!!

Ok you are fundamentally stupid!
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 10, 2017, 10:06:55 am »

It depends what is written into JFH's contract and that we will never know.  I don't think there will be a change but relegation may be more expensive short and long term. 
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #239 on: December 10, 2017, 10:12:30 am »

Personally I think we've got to stick with JFH. I'm as peed off as everybody else but we can't keep changing managers, he's on a 3yr deal and he's inherited a squad of players he didn't choose. IMO I know we're in a BIG mess but surely we've got to give him a chance to bring his own players in?
                              I'll await the avalanche!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: