The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:03:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oldham (a) 9th Dec

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oldham (a) 9th Dec  (Read 13440 times)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2017, 10:25:27 am »

Yes I would.  Personally, I have no confidence JFH has the managerial know-how to turn this mess around. I think it is getting visibly worse.  I don't think KT will act and I accept the majority will say give him the January transfer window to build his own side.  When did we last hear that?

So who are you employing to keep us up?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2017, 10:34:36 am »

I would ask Graham Carr to nominate 2-3 names. He has the in depth knowledge that few have.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2017, 11:01:32 am »

Yesterday's debacle has given plenty of wind to those who like to make unwelcome comments. True JFH is walking the plank which is pretty wobbly at the moment! Some on here have can't wait to pursue their personal differences with club and/or JFH and  some of these comments are completely worthless and unhelpful. I don't believe it is in our interest to sack JFH as somebody has observed we merely go on another aimless
merry go round.  We quite simply have to support the team and really get behind the team home and particularly away. For those who presumably enjoy making endless negative comments ; it is generally the same old and never offer any constructive comment and more importantly 'hope'. As the Marquis says you don't have to read/note comments from posters whom you know or feel have nothing new to offer.  

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2017, 11:09:05 am »

So we shouldn't be critical of the club when it deserves criticism and just accept the rubbish that has been served up for the past 1.5 seasons?  Rubbish, Everbrite. I am a football supporter not a yes man.

And don't I will be there next Saturday urging the side to beat the opposition as I have been at every home match since I was a boy.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2017, 11:10:59 am »

Personally I think we've got to stick with JFH. I'm as peed off as everybody else but we can't keep changing managers, he's on a 3yr deal and he's inherited a squad of players he didn't choose. IMO I know we're in a BIG mess but surely we've got to give him a chance to bring his own players in?
                              I'll await the avalanche!

One of the few sensible comments made on here so well done.  More!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2017, 11:14:56 am »

So we shouldn't be critical of the club when it deserves criticism and just accept the rubbish that has been served up for the past 1.5 seasons?  Rubbish, Everbrite. I am a football supporter not a yes man.

And don't I will be there next Saturday urging the side to beat the opposition as I have been at every home match since I was a boy.

Constructive criticism is fine; aimless criticism isn't.Your last sentence says it all = hope!
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2017, 11:23:24 am »

So, all is fine with the club under the stewardship of KT and the largely anonymous, mute Chinese (even allowing for language difficulties there are translators available) who actually control the club through NTFC Ventures?  Do we know where the club is going other than seemingly back to L2?  Do we know when the East Stand is going to be completed?  Do we have complete confidence that JFH is the man to steer us to safety and onwards & upwards?  Terrific if you have this knowledge or have confidence in them individually or as a group.  I do not because (a) the owners tell us nothing and (b) the teams's performances are plainly gutless and awful.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2017, 11:25:17 am »

Personally I think we've got to stick with JFH. I'm as peed off as everybody else but we can't keep changing managers, he's on a 3yr deal and he's inherited a squad of players he didn't choose. IMO I know we're in a BIG mess but surely we've got to give him a chance to bring his own players in?
Forget what squad he inherited his job is to coach & motivate to get the best out of each player. Do you think he said at the interview don’t blame me if I can’t improve our position their not my players? The day he walked in they became his players. His constant tinkering and use of Revell wide right in one game says it all to me. I hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t trust him with money in the window. He bought McGugan in when a centre midfielder was the last thing we needed!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2017, 11:28:07 am »

I think most hope jfh is capable of turning the situation around, the sign of a good manager is his ability to man manage to get the most out of the team he has at his disposal regardless of how they come to the club and from yesterdays showing they're getting worse every game!
Players arguing after the goals wasn't easy on the eye especially when the guilty parties turned on the over exposed scapegoat goal keeper, makes you think 'there's trouble at mill'

All the new comers to the club think we're going through a minor crisis but us long term observers know only too well it always leads to certain relegation, a long period of struggle  followed by  our old friend  the financial  meltdown and the next 'saviour' (apprentice land grabbers and potential hotel developers/east stand finishers, subject to any future enabling land left) sought so the merry-go-round can  start again.

It doesn't have to  be like this but KT needs to realise  what happens if investors dont invest.
This is one trend he aint bucking.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:32:00 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
dolph

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2017, 11:56:06 am »

Players arguing after the goals wasn't easy on the eye especially when the guilty parties turned on the over exposed scapegoat goal keeper, makes you think 'there's trouble at mill'

Also players arguing with fans at the end, did Ash Taylor expect a pat on the back from them after watching that pile of sh1te
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2017, 12:10:16 pm »

Just listened to JFH's comments, to me the 'issues' he's talking about is the playing squad and January can't come soon enough to sort it out. Though he was a bit tactful how he said it as the last thing he wanted to do is slate the current group of players
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2017, 12:30:09 pm »

So who are you employing to keep us up?

Gareth Ainsworth! He'll sort the Charlie's out.. mind u he may be above us anyway next year.!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2017, 13:13:59 pm »

So, all is fine with the club under the stewardship of KT and the largely anonymous, mute Chinese (even allowing for language difficulties there are translators available) who actually control the club through NTFC Ventures?  Do we know where the club is going other than seemingly back to L2?  Do we know when the East Stand is going to be completed?  Do we have complete confidence that JFH is the man to steer us to safety and onwards & upwards?  Terrific if you have this knowledge or have confidence in them individually or as a group.  I do not because (a) the owners tell us nothing and (b) the teams's performances are plainly gutless and awful.

Gosh all is fine! Try selling that to those at Oldham  Roll Eyes The rest of your message is sheer self opinionated conjecture without a nod to suggest how we get out of this mess. It is a true no hoper comment!
Report Spam   Logged

Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #253 on: December 10, 2017, 13:17:11 pm »

I think most hope jfh is capable of turning the situation around, the sign of a good manager is his ability to man manage to get the most out of the team he has at his disposal regardless of how they come to the club and from yesterdays showing they're getting worse every game!

All the new comers to the club think we're going through a minor crisis but us long term observers know only too well it always leads to certain relegation, a long period of struggle  followed by  our old friend  the financial  meltdown and the next 'saviour' (apprentice land grabbers and potential hotel developers/east stand finishers, subject to any future enabling land left) sought so the merry-go-round can  start again.

It doesn't have to  be like this but KT needs to realise  what happens if investors dont invest.
This is one trend he aint bucking.
Beds, I'm not a new comer mate. My 1st game was a 2-1 over PNE in Feb 1965. I also know it's not a minor crises, lets face it though are we just going to say the owners have to invest every time we have bad spell?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2017, 13:20:40 pm »

Everbrite, I think it might be a good start if you read and understood what I wrote.  Self-opinionated conjecture?  No conjecture at all in what I posted, only facts.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #255 on: December 10, 2017, 13:33:01 pm »

I am not calling for JFH to be sacked but he has to do better than this .
We never put out the same team two weeks runnng and he is playing so many players out of position .
I’m not sure he knows what his own game plan is .
Players don’t look interested and there is no motivation coming from anywhere .
It’s a mess and we are no better now than we were under JED and that’s a fact .
JFH , like Crooks , Grimes , Pierre and McGugan are all on big Chinese money .
None of them have got out the starting blocks yet .
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 10, 2017, 13:33:39 pm »

our defending yesterday was dreadful. if you cant score as we cant, then for heavens sake defender. SACK THE BLOODY LOT OF 'EM
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2017, 16:50:04 pm »

Very true JFH has unfortunately todate shown zero ability to motivate the players - the few who are self motivated continue but the majority are getting worse. I was wrong about Wilder who I didn’t think would turn things round and I hope I’m wrong this time but there are too many players either just going through the motions or simply not good enough, and even with some January new faces I can’t see man management suddenly getting better.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2017, 16:56:33 pm »

Everbrite, I think it might be a good start if you read and understood what I wrote.  Self-opinionated conjecture?  No conjecture at all in what I posted, only facts.

So you make ....NTFC Ventures with the addition of a query  ?

Do we know where the club is going other than seemingly back to L2
Do we know when the East Stand is going to be completed?  Do we have complete confidence that JFH is the man to steer us to safety and onwards & upwards?  Terrific if you have this knowledge or have confidence in them individually or as a group.

This is rhetorical nonsense and most of it sheer conjecture on your part. It is mostly a moan.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 22:55:26 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2017, 17:20:18 pm »

It is mostly a moan.
Given the way things look at the moment, I think that we are all entitled to a moan.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: