The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:01:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Blackburn Away

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackburn Away  (Read 16408 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2018, 16:20:19 pm »

Good point, but I wish Jimmy had the audacity to bring on our two quick wingers when Blackburn made the changes to chuck everything at the game.

On a different note, Richards bags two.

Excellent point, but totally agree with this. Had jimmy bought a attacking winger on at the time Blackburn made their changes we might just have 3 points tonight. It would have been a risk for sure tho
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 16:23:17 pm by Glastonbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2018, 16:32:48 pm »

I think it's a bit harsh to criticise JFH on the back of a very respectable point against a team who haven't lost at home since September. As someone said a while back, today was a free hit and we now have a point we didn't expect to have at the start of the day.

Still, it does show the progress we've made in January if we're complaining about not beating the team second place in the table away from home!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2018, 16:43:45 pm »

Didn't really expect anything so a point is a bonus. Keeps the unbeaten run going but we're not out of the woods yet especially if those below us win their games in hand.

Next 3 games vital as all very winable on paper.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2018, 16:47:43 pm »

Damned if you do, damned if you don't? Last week Jimmy was cristicised precisely for bringing them on and losing "shape" and defensive capability. I think he got it right today in bringing on Powell first as he's potentially a better defender, though he didn't have a great game to be honest.
Powell has to up his work rate....no good losing the ball in a good position and then trotting back behind their player without an attempt to win the ball back.

Workrate in general is a lot better, can’t see what Hoskins is doing in that team any more though!
As the balls were flying across our box I was happy to take a point, but having JJ to score first and a 2-1 win which would have netted me a grand and a half I was desperate to see is attacking more rather than defending the point!!

A good day out, great support, decent ground and nice pies....now time for the long train trip back!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2018, 16:50:06 pm »

Next 3 games vital as all very winable on paper.

Hmmmn,  2 of those 3 are 1st & 2nd in the current form table...
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2018, 17:03:29 pm »

Our next 3.

Rochdale have just managed to draw at Millwall in the FA Cup, Wimbledon have just thrashed Bradford 4-0 away and Gillingham are unbeaten in 6.  Just goes to show there are no #easygamestocome.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 17:18:00 pm by Joes Sweet Left Foot » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2018, 17:21:48 pm »

Excellent point, but totally agree with this. Had jimmy bought a attacking winger on at the time Blackburn made their changes we might just have 3 points tonight. It would have been a risk for sure tho

We had to get the ball to who ever was there. Regrettably Powell was no good but he slotted into defensive duties. I would say that JFH got it right in not selecting an attacking wide player.
Incidentally fort O’Donnell gave since Smith; the best display of time wasting seen this season.
#lovedit
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 17:48:53 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2018, 17:33:32 pm »

Just seen the goals on SSN, think Poole maybe getting a rollicking, got caught under the ball then went to kick it, when a back header may have been the better option. Probably why we were linked with that Heneghen fella.
Still, a cracking result.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 17:59:01 pm by Baby Bear » Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
guest3063

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2018, 17:43:13 pm »

We had to get the ball to who ever was there. Regrettably Powell was no good but he slotted into defensive duties. I would say that JFH got it right in not selecting an attacking wide player.
Incidentally fort O’Connell gave,   since Smith the best display of time wasting seen this season.
#lovedit

You mean O'Donnell, of course.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2018, 17:47:08 pm »

You mean O'Donnell, of course.

+
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2018, 18:00:02 pm »

A great battling performance, but actually feel slightly disappointed we did not take all three points.

Re O'Donnell's time wasting the biggest compliment was Blackburn supporters were comparing it to Bunny's for them against Liverpool a few seasons back 🙂
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2018, 18:51:30 pm »

Team in relegation battle wastes time away at club 2nd in the league, Hardly a f***ing shock. Are they all stupid in Blackburn?
Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2018, 20:13:04 pm »

A good day out and a great battling point, pity Poole blazed over, that really was a good chance. It was a long last 20mins, pity we couldn't have got forward more, but they were coming at us wave after wave , although they didn't threaten that much in front of goal. We are now starting to look a good team , what a difference a month makes.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2018, 20:26:34 pm »

Excellent result. Didn't get a drink off my mate Evers. Next time maybe  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2018, 20:38:10 pm »

Looks like Blackburn will have to wait until the next game to beat someone 5,6 or 7-0.  Grin  Hope the shrews beat them to 2nd place and they loose in the play offs.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2018, 21:49:17 pm »

The amount of arrogance on their forum was unbelievable , seems they might have been taken down a peg.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2018, 22:00:56 pm »

I think if we were in the conference we'd be the same no?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2018, 22:57:32 pm »

Well played today, fair point, Rochdale is a 6 point must win.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest143

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2018, 23:08:34 pm »

I think it's a bit harsh to criticise JFH on the back of a very respectable point against a team who haven't lost at home since September. As someone said a while back, today was a free hit and we now have a point we didn't expect to have at the start of the day.

Still, it does show the progress we've made in January if we're complaining about not beating the team second place in the table away from home!

My unqualified point of view is that if Blackburn go for broke, like they decided to with their 57th minute substitutions, then we have an opportunity to counter without committing bodies forward, through the speed of HP or GA. Hoskins and Powell's defending isn't a noticeable quality, nor can they pick up the ball in their own half and beat multiple players with speed and skill. I think it was a long time to hold out for with minimal attacking threat and we just scraped it.

Not really criticisms, just talking points. I believe Hasslebank has weathered a few storms and done a great job through January.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2018, 00:35:16 am »

Good Point today..
Well done lads!!! 943 diehards there today. Nice one
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: