The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:54:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Blackburn Away

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackburn Away  (Read 16407 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2018, 17:16:42 pm »

Interesting Jimmy said that he thought Blackburn’s right hand side was their strength which is why Bunny played in midfield .
Maybe we forced them to play down our right hand side intentionally .
Powell is an athlete but he needs to get his head straight and confidence up .
Hoskins needs to lift his head more when he plays .
Then there’s Berto who no one knows anything about yet ...
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2018, 17:44:00 pm »

I did enjoy watching us go a goal up and then set out our stall to just hang on and claw something from a lively Blackburn side.
At times we gave the ball away too quickly and few willing  to carry it forward to take the pressure off the back 4 but they stood strong and earned the point.
Poole had a glorious chance to put us 2 up to steal the 3 points but got under it but on the whole a very decent point.
Now it looks like all the struggling sides are picking up points, so expect many more defending masterclasses before were safe.

I agree with this - why cant you be so direct/explicit on other matters?

Just to gauge how well the back four played is reflected in how many saves that O'Donnell had to make - quite remarkable. I strongly believe that Hoskins, Crooks.O'Toole, Grimes etc all played their part. It was risk to bring on Powell who quite frankly disappointed, but rather than a gung ho winger he went for Powell. All you can say on the day it worked. Grimes I thought had a slow start; being hustled off the ball, but grew into the game beating two or three players on a sixpence - did ok against good opposition.
Crooks on the other hand chose this game to show some sublime skill; dummying three players left trailing in his wake. The crowd loved that piece of skill. A word for O'Donnell who made a few good saves one of which even had their Goalie clapping! His time wasting was something else; the purist's on here would 'disdain' it! But most of us cheered! Best defensive play by a NTFC side for over 10 years.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 17:59:08 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2018, 20:02:19 pm »

Excellent defending, very happy to see the team digging in for very well hard earned point. Hoskins was under a lot of pressure 2nd half when Blackburn starting attacking down our right side and was quite rightly replaced.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2018, 20:29:48 pm »

The amount of arrogance on their forum was unbelievable , seems they might have been taken down a peg.

Just been having a good chuckle at their message board. 'A home draw Vs Northampton. The embarrassing ignominy.' said one poster, failing to realize they ent  beaten us in a league game for 51 years! Grin Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2018, 20:56:23 pm »

Just been having a good chuckle at their message board. 'A home draw Vs Northampton. The embarrassing ignominy.' said one poster, failing to realize they ent  beaten us in a league game for 51 years! Grin Wink
Yes, on their forum, almost to a man (or woman) accusing the Cobblers of dark arts (hate that expression) yet fail to acknowledge the five minutes added in the first half and six in the 2nd ffs!

For balance, the Blackburn fans in the excellent Black Bull up in the hills overlooking the town, were top fans! A Northampton based quiz, great ales (£2.80  Cheesy)...and the £4 taxi rolling up to collect us just as we got off at Cherry Tree!

NTFC not sending tkts up to Rovers (mine anyway) had me fuming (£46 at mo)...but that aside, top, top day!
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2018, 21:59:48 pm »

Powell is an athlete but he needs to get his head straight and confidence up .
He didn't look like an athlete when he lost the ball to their full back and just jogged back rather than making a serious effort to chase back.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2018, 22:17:23 pm »

He didn't look like an athlete when he lost the ball to their full back and just jogged back rather than making a serious effort to chase back.

I was thinking the same Roger but in hindsight I think that was him full pelt.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2018, 07:10:31 am »

Id agree but he is built like an athlete , even if he thinks like someone that works on Debenhams make up counter
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2018, 07:39:03 am »

No, 350-400 'diehards'...500 going for the once Prem club, new ground, day out!

Nope definitely 943 diehards, well done to you all. I was gutted I couldn't make the number 944.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2018, 16:22:31 pm »

The Blackburn "fans" who continue to pelt the opposing teams goalkeeper with coins etc seem to be getting away with it. Dock the club 30 points I say. Some of the most arrogant fans I have ever witnessed so from now on my second team will be whoever is playing Blackburn. s*** little town in a crater .
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2018, 16:26:06 pm »

Anyone that goes all the way to Cackburn is a die-head. Its a cesspool of misery and deprivation.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2018, 17:52:14 pm »

The Blackburn "fans" who continue to pelt the opposing teams goalkeeper with coins etc seem to be getting away with it. Dock the club 30 points I say. Some of the most arrogant fans I have ever witnessed so from now on my second team will be whoever is playing Blackburn. **** little town in a crater .
I'll be positively roaring them on, Tue night against Walsall!

If Blackburn fans are amongst the most arrogant you've come across, then Frankly, (see what I did there?  Grin) I'd get travelling a bit more!
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2018, 18:36:57 pm »

I'll be positively roaring them on, Tue night against Walsall!

If Blackburn fans are amongst the most arrogant you've come across, then Frankly, (see what I did there?  Grin) I'd get travelling a bit more!

I have traveled plenty. Leeds fans tend to be ....... but some of the stuff written over the the weekend by Blackburn fans has moved them ahead. They are born of god and we should reside in Beelzebub's aresehole. Liverpool remain the nicest fans I have met along with Grimsby fans and Sunderland fans.
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2018, 18:53:48 pm »

I have traveled plenty. Leeds fans tend to be ....... but some of the stuff written over the the weekend by Blackburn fans has moved them ahead. They are born of god and we should reside in Beelzebub's aresehole. Liverpool remain the nicest fans I have met along with Grimsby fans and Sunderland fans.

Grimsby fans Huh? not the ones I bumped into. Torquay fans and rotherham stewards top the charts for me.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2018, 19:05:48 pm »

Grimsby fans Huh? not the ones I bumped into. Torquay fans and rotherham stewards top the charts for me.

Did you say sorry when you bumped in to them and offer to replace any drinks they may have split as a result? 
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2018, 19:55:19 pm »

Yes, also read their forum. However, 10-15 of us had the pleasure of Blackburn fans' company (as I've already mentioned) in the excellent Black Bull before the game...anything but arrogant!

Opinions yes, but on a nationwide survey, you are not going to get your chosen ones even in the top 30!
Luton, Oxford, Pompey just to name a few in the lower echelons will beat them on the self entitlement front!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2018, 19:57:46 pm »

For outright knowledge and lack of Billy Big B****x...yes, many would agree and have Sunderland fans right up there!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 19:59:17 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2018, 20:52:34 pm »

Yes, also read their forum. However, 10-15 of us had the pleasure of Blackburn fans' company (as I've already mentioned) in the excellent Black Bull before the game...anything but arrogant!

Yes.  Roll Eyes The ones I spoke with on the way back to the car were less friendly saying we should be a non league team and a team as big as them should not ever have to play in a division as low. They were not joking either. No doubt Walsall will be another non league team to annoy them. 
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2018, 20:59:32 pm »

Yes.  Roll Eyes The ones I spoke with on the way back to the car were less friendly saying we should be a non league team and a team as big as them should not ever have to play in a division as low. They were not joking either. No doubt Walsall will be another non league team to annoy them. 
Did they give you a slap, like in the good ole days? You really would be crying then!
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2018, 21:15:43 pm »

Did they give you a slap, like in the good ole days? You really would be crying then!

What are you going on about? I'd lay off the that pop you guzzle for a bit. They weren't violent! Just right up their own arsehols.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: