The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:49:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

An opinion based on going to a game not just the last one at ice station zebra

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An opinion based on going to a game not just the last one at ice station zebra  (Read 2205 times)
paul thompson is

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: December 10, 2017, 17:28:11 pm »

The bloody madness of not going to a game and then typing sh!te after sh!te about what you think,
nobody cares what you think unless you were one of the die hard 300+

i went it was terrible,
but it has always been terrible apart from the one season in 20
when the miracle of Wilder turns up(right balance of players playing an solid system)

Here is a shock to your system
Northampton Town will always be a lower league team,
now stop spitting feathers and get used to it........

we will never be in the Prem/play in the Champions league/win a cup,
we make up the numbers like most football teams,

The players don't give a sh1t(it is JOB to them) they dont care if the shirt is blue,yellow,red or claret(it is a JOB)
they are journey men average talent footballers, if they were any good they wouldn't be playing for us,

Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 18:53:04 pm »

The bloody madness of not going to a game and then typing sh!te after sh!te about what you think,

i went it was terrible,

Well that' s a bit harsh as for 10 mins second half there was hint of a comeback Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 19:22:07 pm »

I have opinions about a hell of a lot of things that I was not present at. And I do not require any ones permission, to express them.
Interesting Avatar you have, by the way. I seem to recall, that a previous poster had one similar.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2487

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 19:23:39 pm »

Ah look, someone else telling people what they can and can't talk about.

Welcome to 2017.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 19:52:24 pm »

I care what they think.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 20:43:42 pm »

i went it was terrible,
when the miracle of Wilder turns up(right balance of players playing an solid system)

The players don't give a sh1t(it is JOB to them) they dont care if the shirt is blue,yellow,red or claret(it is a JOB)
they are journey men average talent footballers, if they were any good they wouldn't be playing for us,

Somebody is drunk very early on a Sunday night
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 21:40:09 pm »

i went it was terrible,

We don't and half have some idiots spouting rubbish on here!

So many happy clappers, happy to settle for the s***e we are being dished up week in, week out
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 23:48:10 pm »

Somebody is drunk very early on a Sunday night
I like him, I think he’s got spunk!
Report Spam   Logged
dolph

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 23:57:39 pm »

I like him, I think he’s got spunk!
Same here, he`s most probably right
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 00:16:10 am »

Same here, he`s most probably right
Er, problem is I don’t go to games and as you have responded to my opinion it probably means you care about it? I think that might make him probably wrong? Still think he’s spunky though!
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 08:31:50 am »

i went it was terrible,

How depressing never to have a realistic hope of Championship football. Currently yes, we're in a mess and the only short-term aim is to avoid relegation....BUT after some moderate ground expansion this town is well-placed to support Championship football and in doing so it would not be boxing very far above its weight. To say "Never" is deeply depressing. The town is expanding massively and the thousands of people coming in don't have the 1960's "We'll always be a small club" mentality that frequently blights this site.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 09:32:59 am »

How depressing never to have a realistic hope of Championship football. Currently yes, we're in a mess and the only short-term aim is to avoid relegation....BUT after some moderate ground expansion this town is well-placed to support Championship football and in doing so it would not be boxing very far above its weight. To say "Never" is deeply depressing. The town is expanding massively and the thousands of people coming in don't have the 1960's "We'll always be a small club" mentality that frequently blights this site.
Re the '1960's attitude of we'll always be a small club'. Surely it was only in the 60's that we were actually a much bigger club, based on performances. I remember us beating Newcastle 3-0, drawing away to Arsenal etc., and not thinking that was much of a big deal. It's only during the late 60's and since then we've declined.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 09:59:38 am »

you bloody hero!! if only every fan cared as much as you. Although i don't think the club would survive with just you 300 legends supporting the team.

i've never met you, but you clearly have a very over inflated opinion of your standing in society
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 12:27:24 pm »

It’s a ridiculous thread - you chose to go to Oldham and that of course gives you the right to comment on the game itself (although I probably get a better I probably get a better view from iFollow) - but the point here is you chose to do that and it doesn’t give you a legitimate right to comment on if others are “qualified” to post an opinion  - some which may be valid others less so but all in the eye of the beholder.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 13:06:58 pm »

It’s a ridiculous thread - you chose to go to Oldham and that of course gives you the right to comment on the game itself (although I probably get a better I probably get a better view from iFollow) - but the point here is you chose to do that and it doesn’t give you a legitimate right to comment on if others are “qualified” to post an opinion  - some which may be valid others less so but all in the eye of the beholder.

Very defensive almost apologetic!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 15:29:16 pm »

This thread sums up what has gone wrong with this site.......the "holier than thou" attitude, the sniping, the criticisms........i'm all for friendly banter and exchanges of opinions, but its all a bit personal at times and perhaps explains why many don't post on here any more!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 15:50:52 pm »

Agree with GPC. I am one of those who come under attack for not accepting all that KT throws at us occasionally and increasingly occasionally.  I have also been critical from time to time of the silence from the Trust.  That always sparks a strong reaction.  I don't agree with all that Beds writes by any means but he is right when he says about NTFC's perennial struggles both on the pitch and off it that is doesn't have to be like this.  People have short memories when it comes to our owners. Not so long ago we had on this site a large number of the "In Dave we trust" brigade.  Incredible when you think about it.  Now when some perfectly reasonable questions are asked of KT, his plans for the club, about the Chinese etc., JFH etc the criticism rains down on those who have the audacity to even raise such questions.  Small wonder that some have decided to go and play elsewhere.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 16:03:07 pm »

I have also been critical from time to time of the silence from the Trust.  That always sparks a strong reaction. 
Not anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 16:13:32 pm »

PHEW!!

And may I ask when can we expect an update on the Trust's views on the present redevelopment stagnation following its meetings with KT and NBC?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 19:11:34 pm »

I know you can't tell much about what people are like from the internet (look at that Catfish Show). Perhaps I'm a bit deluded but I think the people on here are alright, theres not one I dislike. Yes there's some right nonsense spouted (guilty), a bit of arguing and a few insults banded about, but isn't that just part of the rough and tumble of this type of site? Theres plenty of intelligent opinion on here, lots to laugh at and best of all non stop chitter chat about me beloved Cobblers. Often wonder how I got by without this site, marvellous. Share the love everyone!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: