The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:13:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

An opinion based on going to a game not just the last one at ice station zebra

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An opinion based on going to a game not just the last one at ice station zebra  (Read 2206 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 22:30:06 pm »

Agree with GPC. I am one of those who come under attack for not accepting all that KT throws at us occasionally and increasingly occasionally.  I have also been critical from time to time of the silence from the Trust.  That always sparks a strong reaction.  I don't agree with all that Beds writes by any means but he is right when he says about NTFC's perennial struggles both on the pitch and off it that is doesn't have to be like this.  People have short memories when it comes to our owners. Not so long ago we had on this site a large number of the "In Dave we trust" brigade.  Incredible when you think about it.  Now when some perfectly reasonable questions are asked of KT, his plans for the club, about the Chinese etc., JFH etc the criticism rains down on those who have the audacity to even raise such questions.  Small wonder that some have decided to go and play elsewhere.

Are you currently holed up somewhere in need to of rescue or assistance? Or are you no longer "under attack"?

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 00:53:18 am »

On another note I wouldn’t be too hard on Mr Thompson either. He’s just got the hump cause he’s done a 400 mile round trip and sat in the freezing cold for that crap. Don’t blame him really. He’s going to make sure he damn well gets something for his money and the best he can come up with is exclusivity of opinion on this site. Given the pain and effort he’s been through I almost feel inclined to give it to him. Still he’ll get over it. A couple of signings in January and his frozen testicles in Boundary Park will be a distant memory, god bless him!
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 16:19:09 pm »

There's the usual excuse that our stadium holds us back from sustaining League 1 football but I think any relegation this season would be attributed solely to the chairman with a succession of really poor decisions regarding the football side of our club. It's all well and good saying the recruitment side of things is the responsibility of the manager but the squads that Page and JE were allowed to assemble strike me as a man who doesn't actually know a lot / care about football. And for what it's worth I don't think the Chinese owners have a clue either and have shown little strategy in which way they want to take our football club in.

Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 18:15:13 pm »

There's the usual excuse that our stadium holds us back from sustaining League 1 football but I think any relegation this season would be attributed solely to the chairman with a succession of really poor decisions regarding the football side of our club. It's all well and good saying the recruitment side of things is the responsibility of the manager but the squads that Page and JE were allowed to assemble strike me as a man who doesn't actually know a lot / care about football. And for what it's worth I don't think the Chinese owners have a clue either and have shown little strategy in which way they want to take our football club in.

You missed out the club shop, the 'in house' catering, Walter Tull (not the guy himself!) Sixfields Tavern and Carr's Bar in the total s***e roll of honour!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2017, 09:35:14 am »

I think this is a good point but to play devils advocate for a moment...

Imagine when JED was sacked and he made a statement along the lines of "things would have been different but the Chairman vetoed me signing 3 players because he felt I was building an unbalanced squad. It's a difficult enough job as it is without 'non-football' people interfering with the manager"

A bit crude but you can see where I am going with this. Probably a no-win for a chairman/owner of a club. Interfere with managers decisions = bad, doesn't interfere = also bad.

I think it is right that you give the manager free reign within the budget. IMO Thomas' mistake has been the men he appointed not that he didn't handle the recruitment.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: