The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:18:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Doncaster Rovers (A) 26th December

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers (A) 26th December  (Read 5824 times)
guest2539

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2017, 18:04:19 pm »

Just back in Wellingborough and VERY embarressed by todays lack of display. I am bored of Northampton NIL!!!
I am embarressed by Richards lack of effectiveness over the season BUT I blame the person who picks a player 18 months passed his sell by date. Who authorised the new contract to Hoskins who has no end quality for League 1.

We have to have at least TWO wingers and TWO strikers signed ON January 1st NOT even January 2nd or 3rd!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2017, 18:11:22 pm »

Playing sidewe maybe but not in the league. However we appear to be working at it 🤨

Can you translate this for me please ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2017, 18:12:07 pm »

Was in car on way back so didn't hear JFH interview (instead a CW interview on radio Sheffield, how refreshing that was), but too right he got team selection wrong.
Foley had a good game on Sat on RHS so Jim moves him to LHS. Smith I thought did alright on Sat (and did actually put two decent crosses in before being withdrawn), but doesn't even get on today.
I also thought jfh had stumbled upon a solution on Sat with Toole coming from deep to support Long, it looked promising to me, but what does he do today? Play Toole further back and start Richards.
And as for the substitutions... JJ did go over on his ankle just before being withdrawn but did seem to run it off, so if Hoskins and Hanley for Toole and Long were purely tactical as was leaving Richards on, words fail me.
The time to judge Jimmy is after a window?.. I don't think so, he needs judging now.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2017, 18:14:53 pm »

Just back in Wellingborough and VERY embarressed by todays lack of display. I am bored of Northampton NIL!!!
I am embarressed by Richards lack of effectiveness over the season BUT I blame the person who picks a player 18 months passed his sell by date. Who authorised the new contract to Hoskins who has no end quality for League 1.

We have to have at least TWO wingers and TWO strikers signed ON January 1st NOT even January 2nd or 3rd!!!!!

That is the crux - these new signings need to be proven quality and ready to go from the 1st January - if what Evers says is true and this Portuguese fullback/winger is nowhere near match fit this is obviously not what we need. Tim Oglethorpe hinted that the media already know the names of some incomings which makes it even more odd that there are no rumours - this suggests to me that these new players are going to be loans as if we had made money approaches for anyone this would no doubt have surfaced by now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2017, 18:28:44 pm »

Tim O also said he's been told Daniel Powell should be fit for Portsmouth  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2017, 18:43:52 pm »

Tim O also said he's been told Daniel Powell should be fit for Portsmouth  Grin Grin

That's one out then 😂😆😆🙈🙈
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2017, 18:49:31 pm »

Surprised Jimmy paid no attention to how he beat Doncaster in his first game. Smith might lack quality crossing, but he brings speed, determination and good cover.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2017, 19:10:05 pm »

FFS Jimmy , stop mucking about with the team selection every week .
Get some consistency going and stick to the players you trust .
What was the point in swapping Foley over to the right and playing Rico ?
We should be better than this and it’s the manager who takes responsibility .
January will not rescue us and we are going down at this rate ...
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2017, 19:12:08 pm »

The JFH school of management clearly involves studying the opposition and trying to pick a team and formation accordingly. Well, either he's regularly getting wrong how the opposition are going to play or our squad is not good enough to adapt to this constant tinkering. Either way, our points tally under him so far suggest he is not going to do any worse by simply trying to play his best team and formation week in/week out - in their best positions, only making adjustments if form/injuries force him to so do and replacing like with like wherever possible. We don't need rocket science. Our current team is not going to set the division alight because we lack a sufficient goal threat but could and should be good enough for lower mid-table if managed well. Today's defeat must be as much down to the manager as the players.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2017, 19:19:51 pm »

Surprised Jimmy paid no attention to how he beat Doncaster in his first game. Smith might lack quality crossing, but he brings speed, determination and good cover.

I thought this whilst at the game today!! First game of his reign he through a curveball and brought Smith in, and after only 21 seconds we were a goal up.
Today, after a half decent game on Saturday he drops Smith to the bench and puts Foley over the wrong side. He brings Richards back into the fold after a few weeks off the pitch, and Hanley?? Where has he appeared from again? Even Kasim reappeared in the bench today! What next? Revell to start on Saturday?

A little bewildered by just how many times JFH teams manage to get battered by very average opposition.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2017, 19:54:43 pm »

As soon as I saw Jimmys comments pre game about looking at our team shape due to the fact Doncaster play with a diamond I knew we would lose (despite still going). The team and squad selections continue to puzzle me. We have two left backs in Smith and Hanley on the bench despite Buchs never coming off the pitch, I am not a big Revell lover but surely he has more use than two left backs we use as wingers. The last time we saw Waters he played really well at Oxford, never to be used again.

We have the worst defensive record in the league so how we are supposed to just back as we did today and soak up pressure is beyond me. There was so little pressure on the centre midfielders for Donny that I am shocked we didnt concede earlier, no pressure on the ball and a high line is suicidal. If we are going to defend deep and go long then we needed pace, yet we play Foley, Rico and Mcwilliams (who I felt sorry for, he did his best but is never a RM).

This is where I dont understand JFH again, there are times when he is insistent on individual players pressing. Yet today there was clearly no urgency as a team to press which has happened on several occasions now. We have no discernable style of play. As soon as we went 2 down it was game over (definite penalty as well, Grimes bit and Marquis went down easy but looked nailed on) as we never built up any steam at all. Doncaster passed it around so easily we made them look like a league 1 Barcelona at times, it was embarrasing the lack of tackles that were coming in. Mcgugan needs to be in that team and as a 10, he needs to be as close to goal as possible. I like Rico and hope he stays with the club in the future in some sort of coaching role but unless he is attacking balls whipped into the box etc then at this stage of his career he is of no use to us. He dosnt have the legs and just gives away a ton of fouls.

I would happily free up wages with Revell/Rico, Bowditch, Hanley, Kasim, Waters and get some pacy widemen / another forward in the Eoin Doyle mould. The only concern is can JFH make it work even with better players, im not convinced but I hope so. We create so little and fall part so easily, he takes some responsibilty for that regardless of the squads shortcomings.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2017, 20:36:06 pm »

I think the big issue is whether JFH is a good enough manager to keep us in this division.  Even allowing for the fact he inherited the present poor squad nothing so far suggests to me he is the right man for this job.  If it was my money I wouldn't let JFH start spending it next week.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2017, 21:24:50 pm »

A truly shocking display, I've had the misfortune to watch this shower for over 30 years and that was one of the most gutless clueless performances, JFH hasn't got a clue, agree with what's been said on here about tinkering etc. Once he took Long off for no reason I walked out. JFH will be gone by March.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2487

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2017, 21:39:00 pm »

Sometimes the art of management is to not really manage.

Something JFH doesn't seem to realise.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2017, 22:09:12 pm »

On the plus side, the DFS sofa sale started today.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2995

« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2017, 23:02:18 pm »

JFH is not performing
He has done next to nothing with this squad and we are no further forward than we were under JED.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2017, 23:14:32 pm »

On the plus side, the DFS sofa sale started today.

We've already been to Gillingham...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2235

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2017, 23:39:16 pm »

Well done for the last two performances prior to today. Foley, albeit in an alien position has been exceptional wide right so let’s play him wide left... ffs! Four points in the last two games with a settled formation then this.
He constantly tinkers thinking he’s some football genius, he isn’t, he’s the complete opposite!
It seems the penny has dropped with a lot of posters tonight, I hope it’s dropped with the people that matter.
I’ve been paying to watch the Cobblers for over 40 years, forget the transfer window it won’t make any difference as he’s one of the worst managers we’ve ever had!!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2017, 23:49:05 pm »

We've already been to Gillingham...
Like it. Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2017, 23:58:08 pm »

Can you translate this for me please ?

I agree its poorly worded and missing some punctuation. It was cold up there and given the display together with some very poor managerial selection of players; aided by venting some frustration on a mobile. I suppose its nice to make grammatical corrections from a nice warm room on a comfy sofa. CobblerForever is something you are not. Otherwise you would have been at Doncaster moaning with the rest of us.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: