The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:54:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fun

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun  (Read 5080 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2017, 12:08:46 pm »

Snipe,Snipe

Pointless last word!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2017, 12:19:40 pm »

Snipe
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2017, 12:33:17 pm »

Snipe

Touché

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2017, 12:39:40 pm »

At least this thread is now more 'entertaining' than our football.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 13:04:45 pm by bri77 » Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2017, 12:46:50 pm »

At least this thread is now more 'entertaining' the our football.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2017, 22:59:38 pm »

The best fun I have had was all at the County Ground. All my best memories are on the Hotel End and I don’t mean this website. A damn site better there than staying up till 4 in the morning to listen on radio Noddy. To follow the vein of previous comments I was sick to the back teeth of the UK an all, so came down under and became a POM (that’s Pinnacle Of Mankind for those that don’t know). I then spend all my time thinking with much fondness of the 3 sided s***hole embarrassment that was the County Ground with a lump in my throat. I need a check up.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2017, 23:57:49 pm »

Melbourne - do you ever watch the Aussie A league teams Melbourne City and/or Melbourne Victory ? I watch all the Aussie games on BT every week, there's only 5 games so no major commitment. Personally I find them a damn site more entertaining than the Prem over paid prima donnas.

I have to say that Sydney FC would take some beating even by the best Championship clubs.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2018, 13:28:05 pm »

Melbourne - do you ever watch the Aussie A league teams Melbourne City and/or Melbourne Victory ? I watch all the Aussie games on BT every week, there's only 5 games so no major commitment. Personally I find them a damn site more entertaining than the Prem over paid prima donnas.

I have to say that Sydney FC would take some beating even by the best Championship clubs.
Rather shamefully Grumpy I don’t. It’s a major commitment following the Cobblers, and I do like me cricket as well so I have not given it more than a passing interest. To be honest many over here seem more interested in the Prem and the results get fairly widely reported on the radio, and telly has highlights on the main news. For example the Crystal Palace penalty miss against Man City made headlines on the sports report on Channel Nine news tonight. I’m afraid the Prems tenticles have spread far and wide. That’s a point, Tim Cahill has just left Melbourne City and is looking for a regular game to boost his World Cup chances, how about it KT? Er, I’ve lost all touch with reality again haven’t I?
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2018, 19:04:35 pm »

It is becoming increasingly difficult to imagine us escaping relegation. Fortunately we have the buffer of a league below us but with an expensive manager (who seems to offer very little) and an expensive (gutless) squad, we are in a serious mess, even by our standards!
It must be one of the grimmest periods to be a Cobbler. I dread to think what the crowds would be without the prior investment of season ticket holders.
The feeling within the club must be awful at the moment and we've just got to hope that brighter times are around the corner. The only current light at the end of the tunnel being the transfer window but none of us can have that much faith that we have the man in charge to pull a rabbit out of the hat, although there can be little viable alternative.
The annual Cobblers related jokes at the Panto yesterday have never rang so true. One calling for "divine intervention at Sixfields." Amen. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2018, 20:34:59 pm »

It is becoming increasingly difficult to imagine us escaping relegation. Fortunately we have the buffer of a league below us but with an expensive manager (who seems to offer very little) and an expensive (gutless) squad, we are in a serious mess, even by our standards!
It must be one of the grimmest periods to be a Cobbler. I dread to think what the crowds would be without the prior investment of season ticket holders.
The feeling within the club must be awful at the moment and we've just got to hope that brighter times are around the corner. The only current light at the end of the tunnel being the transfer window but none of us can have that much faith that we have the man in charge to pull a rabbit out of the hat, although there can be little viable alternative.
The annual Cobblers related jokes at the Panto yesterday have never rang so true. One calling for "divine intervention at Sixfields." Amen. 
Lowest point for me was Michael McRitche leading the team out to Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life. Our situation today is a lot better than that IMO. The scenes in Abington Avenue after the game were intense to say the least. If I’d have been McRitchie I’d have locked myself under the stairs.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2018, 07:40:11 am »

Rather shamefully Grumpy I don’t. It’s a major commitment following the Cobblers, and I do like me cricket as well so I have not given it more than a passing interest. To be honest many over here seem more interested in the Prem and the results get fairly widely reported on the radio, and telly has highlights on the main news. For example the Crystal Palace penalty miss against Man City made headlines on the sports report on Channel Nine news tonight. I’m afraid the Prems tenticles have spread far and wide. That’s a point, Tim Cahill has just left Melbourne City and is looking for a regular game to boost his World Cup chances, how about it KT? Er, I’ve lost all touch with reality again haven’t I?

I recently went to a Central Coast Mariners match and I absolutely loved it. The football wasn't amazing but the whole atmosphere around the ground was enjoyable. Everything was so relaxed, the away fans had their section but were wandering around the concourse with the home fans, people were sat drinking - in view of the pitch  Shocked - will definitely go to more A league matches next time.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2018, 11:55:49 am »

I agree with the sentiment of many on this thread.

I only go to home games because I have a season ticket, and even then I missed a couple due to holidays.

In respect of Away games I used to do 8-10 per season but no way I'd do that now. This season I went to Charlton (new ground for me), MK (5 mins drive from home), and Oxford.

Looking ahead I might go to Blackburn and P'boro but really can't see the point of wasting the extra time and money at present.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2018, 08:30:58 am »

I've only managed a handful of away games this season too, such a shame as I love away games but there has to be some hope we can be competitive which under JED and now JFH we really aren't.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2018, 18:14:20 pm »

Anyone like to give us an update?

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: