The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:35:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Fun

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun  (Read 5075 times)
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2017, 20:33:37 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 21:08:30 pm »

To all those that no longer enjoy watching The Cobblers, they haven’t changed, you have. It has always been like this.

There is also a fair amount of long winded self pitying waffle too, most of it pointless. The only way we can get out of this mess is by encouraging/supporting the players. If they feel our support is wholehearted they will respond. If some of you people aren’t up for the fight don’t go and spare some of us your miserable comments.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2017, 21:37:18 pm »

There is also a fair amount of long winded self pitying waffle too, most of it pointless. The only way we can get out of this mess is by encouraging/supporting the players. If they feel our support is wholehearted they will respond. If some of you people aren’t up for the fight don’t go and spare some of us your miserable comments.

But that goes hand in hand with the players wanting to be up for the fight nevers!

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2017, 22:50:55 pm »

But that goes hand in hand with the players wanting to be up for the fight

Of course it does, but we need to show some spirit now; preferably before the players. Lot of defeatist talk at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2017, 22:52:26 pm »

To all those that no longer enjoy watching The Cobblers, they haven’t changed, you have. It has always been like this.

Don't be ridiculous.

I could name numerous of different things about the modern game compared to the past. Just the type of supporters alone are in no way comparable to when I was younger.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2017, 07:17:27 am »

Really Evers ?? Blame the supporters Huh? You are a muppet sometimes, ive seen /heard the fans of NTFC support their Team to the hilt, only to be rewarded with utter tripe.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2017, 10:04:44 am »

Really Evers ?? Blame the supporters Huh? You are a muppet sometimes, ive seen /heard the fans of NTFC support their Team to the hilt, only to be rewarded with utter tripe.

Not blaming the supporters which includes all those at Oldham and Doncaster.  Your remark is typical of the defeatist, self pitying cynical comments  exhibited in this thread. Anybody who does not subscribe to your way of thinking gets the usual snide comment(s). Not all of us wish to join in the kind of death march you are  so keen to join.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:12:25 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2017, 10:07:48 am »

Very apt Zen, all five as well!
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2017, 10:11:24 am »

Not blaming the supporters which includes all those at Oldham and Doncaster.  Your remark is typical of the defeatist, self pitying cynical comments  typical  of this thread. Anybody who does not subscribe to your way of thinking gets the usual snide comment(s). Not all of us wish to join in the kind of death march you are  so keen to join.

The bollocks are you on about?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2017, 10:17:21 am »

The bollocks are you on about?

Anybody with half a brain would realise what a pointless stupid thread this is. Not too bright are you?
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2017, 10:34:09 am »

Good will to all men at this time year please.   

I will be at Sixfields on 1 January to support my team, as will most of us.  But for those that always rush to the defence of the club like a latter day Praetorian Guard the truth is that under 3 different managers in 2 years we have seen very few matches that could be described as "entertaining".  In many matches we have struggled to get a shot on goal. That is the reality.  There is no sign of improvement under JFH after several months of incessant tinkering. Yes, I know that this is not his squad. Exactly the same was said in defence of JED but when given his chance he contrived to put together a side without pace, power and forwards who could score on a regular basis.  No doubt, JFH will have the chance to rectify the situation but from what I have seen so far of his managerial ability I am not expecting a transformation.  Over to our owners to buy our way out of trouble.  We will know soon enough now if I am being unkind to JFH and also what lies behind our Chinese owners. 
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2017, 10:52:12 am »

Anybody with half a brain would realise what a pointless stupid thread this is. Not too bright are you?

Where as those of us with a full quota of BRAIN, can see why it raises some very salient points.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2017, 11:00:53 am »

Why does the 'onus' always fall on the fans anyway? The players haven't exactly deserved a wage at times this season and yet the fans have to the most part stayed with them. If the players put the effort in the fans will respond (Blackburn), if the players don't seem to be putting the effort in (Donny) the fans will respond. It's up to the players to decide which response they want.

A positive atmosphere makes a game much more enjoyable but after at least 12 months of pure s*** and incompetence the fact that anyone is still attending is pretty impressive. As much as I want to go and watch football, it has to be competitive, there has to be effort and the threat of scoring more than a goal every other game would be nice too. Again over to the players.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2017, 11:08:00 am »

What a pointless, stupid post.

You aren't too bright are you?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2017, 11:15:23 am »

Everbrite,  you really are an idiot. I'm pleased people have different views on different subjects. You on the other hand do nothing but Snipe at any fellow supporter who fails to follow your somewhat childish line of thought.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2017, 11:28:43 am »

As I said in the thread I started some time back, I am bored. I don't attribute it to any short term memory issues as you do. Quite the contrary. I attribute it to an all too familiar pattern over the years, not far off half a century in my case. You'd have to be an idiot to ignore the cyclic nature of these things. But you'd have to be an even bigger idiot to offer that as some form of solace.

My problem isn't that I don't understand the situation. It's the fact that I know it far too well, and know that worse is on the horizon. When I was fuelled by optimism surrounding all things Cobblers it was easy. Now I have been exposed to how little there is to be optimistic about, I'm just not bothered. For quite some time I have attended out of a mixture of sense of duty and mostly habit. I enjoyed the Blackburn game. But I would have enjoyed a game like that no matter who was playing.

I don't feel like any less of a supporter. In fact, subjecting it to any level of serious scrutiny, I feel like I am the enlightened one.  Grin

The most bored I've ever been as a Cobblers fan was during the Calderwood reign. That was purely and simply based on the style of football we played back then when we did have the largest budget in the league we were trying to get out of. My feelings at the time were probably swayed by having a silly level of expectation, an assumption that we should walk the league just as most teams with significantly higher budgets than their rivals often did. I wouldn't say Im overly bored with it these days, just frustrated that there is very little that can be done to improve things until January. Going into the season most of us were very optimistic. Even at Southend and going 2-0 at half time it felt like we could be in for a very exciting season.

The situation today is rather reminisant  of the time when Wilkinson went on supermarket sweep and filled his trolly up with goodies but with no thought as to how he was going to use them when he got home! The Chinese came in, we made signing after signing but strangely not one single wing back was signed and we started the season playing a wing back system and the two old war horses up top! 4 months down the line its a whole lot worse, we've taken some serious hammering's and our touchy group of players appear to be looking anywhere but themselves as individuals to proportion the blame. Net result is that its put us in a more than tricky situation.

Whats keeping my interest levels is January1st-January 4/5th. We will know if our anonymous 'investors' are for real or if we are to continue as we've done for most of our existence. It will probably be a big let down as we announce the signing of several over aged donkeys and unknown kids on loan, but it *might not be! The very fact that JFH was brought in hints at possible good times, Im not deluded thinking that just basing it on blind optimism and escapism that the Cobblers provides me. Its going to be busy on here next week for sure!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2017, 11:31:26 am »

Where as those of us with a full quota of BRAIN, can see why it raises some very salient points.

If only.......0nly you could flatter the 100%’s😇
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2017, 11:34:25 am »

What a pointless, stupid post.

You aren't too bright are you?

Echo??
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2017, 11:46:44 am »

Everbrite,  you really are an idiot. I'm pleased people have different views on different subjects. You on the other hand do nothing but Snipe at any fellow supporter who fails to follow your somewhat childish line of thought.

Humbug! Well ok then! Have never called you an idiot etc. The simple fact is that you snipe at anyone who disagree’s with your line of thought. For proof just see your last two posts. Humbug!
Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2017, 12:00:03 pm »

Snipe,Snipe
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: