The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:04:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Portsmouth (A) 30th December

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portsmouth (A) 30th December  (Read 8246 times)
guest2677

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2017, 16:09:58 pm »

I'd sack JFH if it was my decision.

We are a shambles. Concede goals way too easily.
Agreed.
The players have no confidence in him.
I don't know who, but we need someone to come in and sort them out like Alladyce has done at Everton.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2017, 16:11:28 pm »

I think we have to be careful about blaming the actual appointment of JFH - like Gary Johnson on the face of it looked like a bold and popular move - unfortunately hasn’t worked out. Only my opinion but for different reasons - Johnson despite being a prize knob has some form but I think a combination of poor health and wanting to move back to his native West Country didn’t put anything into the job knowing sacked managers rarely have to claim the dole (he was still living off his payoff from Posh). JFH on the other hand had no real form and despite the plaudits wasn’t really his work that got Burton promoted but he was a name that suggested ambition and most of us lapped it up.

So where do we go from here -again only my opinion but I think JFH will actually go sooner rather than later and we are back to square one - once again
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2017, 16:13:27 pm »

Very poor second half. Portsmouth didn't even have to work once they got ahead, which is the most worrying part. Played keepball easily and still created plenty. Our players don't look fit/interested enough to keep up a pressing game. Even JJOT has been off the pace the last couple of matches and Crooks is a luxury player when he doesn't put the work in. When we had the ball we played as if we were protecting a 2 goal lead. Lots of square balls, no urgency, no pace and not enough pressure on the ball. Same as Doncaster and a number of our other defeats this season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2017, 16:15:56 pm »

There is no fight on the pitch as no one cares about off it

That magical season had a lot to do with the fight off the pitch and the momentum built.

Ok I understand for many it hard to look at the club as a whole as they only focus on the 11 on the pitch but EVERYONE is going through the motions, players, fans, chairman, board etc etc

There is no ambition and no game plan EXACTLY what I have been saying for the last 7 years and last 18 months with KT. KT will leave this club in a worse mess than we he got it for peanuts, there certainly won't be a star manager and player at the club. Also I suspect any goodwill / opportunity we had with NBC will also be long gone.

Be nice if a few of you might admit that off the field actually is as important, if not more so, than on it (everbrite??)

If you were playing for NTFC would you be motivated to put in that extra 10% Huh?   Look across at the East stand tells you all you need to know
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2017, 16:20:17 pm »

Random you are right- it is what I and a few others only have been going on about for ages against a brick wall of denial or those that say they are bored with the East Stand/redevelopment fiasco. 
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2017, 16:21:35 pm »

That magical season had a lot to do with the fight off the pitch and the momentum built.

Ok I understand for many it hard to look at the club as a whole as they only focus on the 11 on the pitch but EVERYONE is going through the motions, players, fans, chairman, board etc etc

There is no ambition and no game plan EXACTLY what I have been saying for the last 7 years and last 18 months with KT. KT will leave this club in a worse mess than we he got it for peanuts, there certainly won't be a star manager and player at the club. Also I suspect any goodwill / opportunity we had with NBC will also be long gone.

Be nice if a few of you might admit that off the field actually is as important, if not more so, than on it (everbrite??)

If you were playing for NTFC would you be motivated to put in that extra 10% Huh?   Look across at the East stand tells you all you need to know

The team is a reflection of the wider health of the club. I agree you have to look beyond the results on the pitch. There's no reason why we can't be a well run club with players with a bit of heart.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2017, 16:24:43 pm »

I'd sack JFH if it was my decision.

We are a shambles. Concede goals way too easily.
It will cost money to get rid of him and more money to get rid of the players.
Where’s this coming from??
I’d say it’s more likely the Chinese will pull the plug on any investment rather than dig deep to help.
It’s hardly like they’ve been coming out with any rallying calls for the supporters or reassurances regards the future is it?
In fact have they made one statement since the beginning of the season.
Hardly ideal and just a bit worrying in my opinion.
In fact the new club media man and spokesman Kelvin Thomas has gone a bit quiet since he sold the club.
Could it be he hasn’t got a clue what’s going on?
I’d say a big storms brewing
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2017, 16:30:51 pm »

It will cost money to get rid of him and more money to get rid of the players.
Where’s this coming from??
I’d say it’s more likely the Chinese will pull the plug on any investment rather than dig deep to help.
It’s hardly like they’ve been coming out with any rallying calls for the supporters or reassurances regards the future is it?
In fact have they made one statement since the beginning of the season.
Hardly ideal and just a bit worrying in my opinion.
In fact the new club media man and spokesman Kelvin Thomas has gone a bit quiet since he sold the club.
Could it be he hasn’t got a clue what’s going on?
I’d say a big storms brewing

That's the problem isn't it. Money.

JFH has done zilch. Zip. Nothing.

I agree with those that have said the lack of leadership from the top is a concern.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2017, 16:31:55 pm »

A lot of what you say is true however knowing (respectfully) a bit more than you what motivates professional players the current gutless performance is not down to the East Stand fiasco, KT’s lack of transparency and long term game plan, or indeed the Chinese puzzle - it’s much more about a solid professional squad and a good coach - if we were to blame those (valid) reason you mention for our current state then the Wilder season wouldn’t have happened would it?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2017, 16:34:21 pm »

JFH on the other hand had no real form and despite the plaudits wasn’t really his work that got Burton promoted but he was a name that suggested ambition and most of us lapped it up.

Behave, JFH guided Burton to League Two champions and they were top of League One in Dec 2015 when he left for QPR. He got sacked when they they were 16 in the Championship, they are 18th now.
A club in a relegation place of League One is not likely to attract a manager with better form than that.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2017, 16:35:03 pm »

It could also be blamed on the lack of moustaches and beards.
You get them growing facial hair and the performances improve.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2017, 16:39:11 pm »

It could also be blamed on the lack of moustaches and beards.
You get them growing facial hair and the performances improve.

I like your thinking, Mile Jedinak of Aston Villa has an awesome beard and they won 1-0 away to Middlesbrough. Coincidence? I think not.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2017, 16:41:17 pm »

So where do we go from here -again only my opinion but I think JFH will actually go sooner rather than later and we are back to square one - once again
Lets be honest about this. We are in a massive downward spiral, and Jimbo does not know how to turn it around. He does not know his best team selection, or how to motivate what he has at his disposal. Great players, do not always make great managers. Look at Zola, Shearer, Tony Adams, for example.
I will give it another few days, before the home crowd turn, after we get completely turned over by Wigan. I accept that KT is not going to want to admit that, he got three managerial appointments wrong, but the facts are in front of him.
As it stands, we ARE going down, and a change has to be forthcoming. As a Cobblers fan, for the last 30 years, I have learnt to accept defeat, but I am not prepared to accept spineless capitulation. We offer nothing going forward, no provision from midfield, and a defence that just switches off. The buck for this trend, lies at Jimbos feet. He is ultimately responsible.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2017, 16:42:53 pm »

I blame the orange kit!
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2017, 16:45:42 pm »

It is fate
we get a nose bleed out of the bottom division,
there is never any ambition except to try and survive for two seasons
our comfort zone is basement football
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2017, 16:47:25 pm »

I like your thinking, Mile Jedinak of Aston Villa has an awesome beard and they won 1-0 away to Middlesbrough. Coincidence? I think not.

Agreed 100%
The best defensive unit we EVER had contained
Gleasure
McPherson
Wilcox
Reed.

Look at today’s defence!!
I’m no football tactics expert but i do know one thing when it comes to football
A defense lacking facial hair is a recipe for disaster.

All good managers know you start with defensive facial hair and then sort the rest out.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2017, 17:10:16 pm »

What a load of old sh1t, we all know KT isn't interested in the slightest and JFH isn't up to the job.
I really don't know where we go from here, one thing I do know is that our goal difference is pretty special though  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2017, 17:13:52 pm »

Behave, JFH guided Burton to League Two champions and they were top of League One in Dec 2015 when he left for QPR. He got sacked when they they were 16 in the Championship, they are 18th now.
A club in a relegation place of League One is not likely to attract a manager with better form than that.
To be honest Alton, I really dont care about what he has achieved previously, only about what he is achieving now. And the facts speak for themselves.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2017, 17:22:03 pm »

JFH has had 4 months & 20+ matches to build a side that can score goals and defend.  He has failed badly and whilst many of the players, maybe even most of the players, bear responsibility also for far too many spineless performances the buck on the pitch stops at the manger's door. He should go but he will not and we look certainties to be relegated.  We have been in a similar situation before when in L2 but L1 is a much tougher division with better players and managers.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2017, 18:05:35 pm »

Put simply, our only hope of staying up this season rests in JFH's 'book of contacts'. He's bloody high profile, we will know by the end of next week what that brings to the party.

We've a squad of around 27 players. Theres 4 players you'd expect to block a goal line effort in the last minute of a game, thats it. Its nothing about ability, all about desire. Those 4 are Buchs, Pierre, Taylor and John Joe. Thats the problem folks.

By the end of January that list needs to be 7 or 8 from 22, not 4 from 27. Then we'd stand a chance of staying up because we've got some very talented footballers.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: