The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 02:07:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Portsmouth (A) 30th December

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portsmouth (A) 30th December  (Read 8252 times)
guest2539

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2017, 18:09:41 pm »

At some stage Chairmen and supporters have to grow some b***s and give a manager 2 years and NOT 4 months to build a side he requires. If not it make managers plan short term only and not build a team over a period of time with younger improving players.

I can hear the kneejerk fans already and like most situations there is an element of truth BUT let us see what the clubs and JFH plan is for the longer term and keep our powder dry until action is taken in January.

Personally I think a major problem will be moving 6 to 8 players out, whilst bringing in a physical holding midfielder, two pacey wide players and TWO pacey strikers!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2017, 18:17:24 pm »

There are at the moment two things which never change:
1) With every defeat the same group of ‘fans’ are the first to whinge hard and long. The second is the result and accompanying performance

The first half or first 30 mins at least upto the first goal was ok. Ingram should have done a lot better with their first! The second goal was a world beater - no chance. The third goal was a defensive error by the goalie and two centre halves,  not good to see.
Personally I thought we were aimless second half - who was meant to be captain? Sideways and backwards. Frankly Pompey could have won by 4 or 5. We never looked remotely likely to score again!. So in summary a dispiriting 2nd half with only some chronic misses by them and few fine saves by Ingham. Quite a few booed the team off at the end; very few happy clappers at the end too.
What’s to be done:
Ingham far from impressive
Moloney at least got forward but end product often poor
Buchs hesitant and out muscled far too easily. We need a new left back or Smith.
Poole see Buchs, need a good replacement!
Taylor where was he for their goals?
JJOT pick of the team should be captain
Hoskins not L1 standard and has lost his zip
Crooks ,  sell him January - ‘The Iron’ ?
Grimes - who ? - was he playing?
McC - end his contract?
Long - did ok and scored!

Result easy stroll 2nd half for Pompey!

Summary on today’s performance we need 4 new defensive and midfield players plus a winger, a replacement for Richards plus another winger. As for JFH he has failed to galvanise the players; tinkered too much. So much that the confidence of the players is shot through.

Special word for the supporters who made it to the game - good support pity it was all in vain.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 18:25:44 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2487

« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2017, 18:22:35 pm »

1) With every defeat the same group of ‘fans’ are the first to whinge hard and long. The second is the result and accompanying performance

The first half or first 30 mins at least upto the first goal was ok. Ingram should have done a lot better with their first! The second goal was a world beater - no chance. The third goal was a defensive error by the goalie and two centre halves,  not good to see.
Personally I thought we were aimless second half - who was meant to be captain? Sideways and backwards. Frankly Pompey could have won by 4 or 5. We never looked remotely likely to score again!. So in summary a dispiriting 2nd half with only some chronic misses by them and few fine saves by Ingham. Quite a few booed the team off at the end; very few happy clappers at then too.
What’s to be done:
Buchs hesitant and out muscled far too easily. We need a new left back or Smit
 not L1 standard and has lost his zip
McC - end his contract?

Summary on today’s performance we need 4 new defensive and midfield players plus a winger, a replacement for Richards plus another winger. As for JFH he has failed to galvanise the players; tinkered too much. So much that the confidence of the players is shot through.

Special word for the supporters who made it to the game - good support pity it was all in vain.

Tbf Ingram has been at fault a few times now. If that was Cornell....
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2017, 18:22:53 pm »

Personally I thought we were aimless second half - who was meant to be captain? Sideways and backwards. Frankly Pompey could have won by 4 or 5. We never looked remotely likely to score again!. So in summary a dispiriting 2nd half with only some chronic misses by them and few fine saves by Ingham. Quite a few booed the team off at the end; very few happy clappers at then too.
What’s to be done:
Buchs hesitant and out muscled far too easily. We need a new left back or Smit
 not L1 standard and has lost his zip
McC - end his contract?

That sounded like a whinge to me 😂
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2017, 18:25:07 pm »

I see jimmys blaming the ref for this defeat
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2017, 18:30:41 pm »

That sounded like a whinge to me 😂

I did try not too,hence the summary and suggestions. Always good to be criticised by a sofa supporter what we do without their expert views Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2017, 18:31:44 pm »

Surely not!
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2017, 18:31:59 pm »

Yep. Bad really. Sounded like a few odd decisions but none that were directly impactful e.g. giving them a penalty.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2017, 18:34:11 pm »

1) With every defeat the same group of ‘fans’ are the first to whinge hard and long.

Replace "every", with "constant", and you may be closer to the truth. And the odd draw does not do us any favours.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2017, 18:35:22 pm »

I'd say that the transfer window is a false dawn. Staying up is bridge too far. Hopefully we'll stop the rot next season in the fourth division and kick on from there.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2017, 18:40:42 pm »

All of Wilders work undone in a few seasons, back to the basement baring a miracle, could we be the next Leyton Orient..
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2017, 18:41:25 pm »

If ever there is a time to accept moaning, it's not Evers.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2017, 18:42:02 pm »

All of Wilders work undone in a few seasons, back to the basement baring a miracle, could we be the next Leyton Orient..
There’s every chance imo
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2017, 18:44:08 pm »

I'd say that the transfer window is a false dawn. Staying up is bridge too far. Hopefully we'll stop the rot next season in the fourth division and kick on from there.
History shows, that will be a while before we kick on. Only Kevin Wilson bucked that trend. And he had a good team that was properly managed.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2017, 18:44:34 pm »

Everbrite, your latest post reads like a whinge.  The obvious fact is that the present group with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 players are not good enough for this league and too many of them have a defeatist attitude.

It gives the likes of me no pleasure to whinge but we have had 3 managers in 2 years (all appointed by "football man" KT) who have served up utter tripe on the football pitch.  I have been a season ticket holder since County Ground days but rarely have I been as hacked off as I find myself now.  For the third time on BBC Northampton  a different summariser said that the body language of the players was poor.  That is to say in plain English that they were not trying.  What a sorry state of affairs that this is allowed to happen.  There is no leadership on the pitch and none off it.  People ask constantly where is the club going.  The only answer appears to be back to L2.  There is a widely held view that Thomas having made his dosh from the Chinese is no longer interested.  All the signs are that this view may be right.  If so, he should go. We only want people here who are fully committed to the club.

I don't want to have a rant every Saturday night against the team and club I have supported for over 50 years but what what has been presented ever since Wilder departed with the odd exception has been unacceptable.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2017, 18:48:44 pm »

I don't want to have a rant every Saturday night against the team and club I have supported for over 50 years but what what has been presented ever since Wilder departed with the odd exception has been unacceptable.
Plus one.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2017, 18:51:50 pm »

If ever there is a time to accept moaning, it's not Evers.

In my book it achieves nothing; you are not necessarily in that select group of august opinion. Don’t mind moaning but it should be accompanied by suggestions/proposals. If the hat fits.........
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2017, 18:55:40 pm »

In my book it achieves nothing; you are not necessarily in that select group of august opinion. Don’t mind moaning but it should be accompanied by suggestions/proposals. If the hat fits.........

It helps people get stuff off their chest. Rather that than it all come out at games.

The issue is, there is no solution at the moment. None of us can suggest anything that hasn't really been tried.

If I were in charge I'd totally make us completely long ball and horrible to watch by being dull as hell and horrid to break down. Try and stop conceding. Roll on January.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2017, 18:56:34 pm »

Everbrite, your latest post reads like a whinge.  The obvious fact is that the present group with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 players are not good enough for this league and too many of them have a defeatist attitude.

It gives the likes of me no pleasure to whinge but we have had 3 managers in 2 years (all appointed by "football man" KT) who have served up utter tripe on the football pitch.  I have been a season ticket holder since County Ground days but rarely have I been as hacked off as I find myself now.  For the third time on BBC Northampton  a different summariser said that the body language of the players was poor.  That is to say in plain English that they were not trying.  What a sorry state of affairs that this is allowed to happen.  There is no leadership on the pitch and none off it.  People ask constantly where is the club going.  The only answer appears to be back to L2.  There is a widely held view that Thomas having made his dosh from the Chinese is no longer interested.  All the signs are that this view may be right.  If so, he should go. We only want people here who are fully committed to the club.

......if the hat fits!So what is your suggestions/proposals
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2017, 19:00:31 pm »

I suggest putting jimmy on gardening leave
Putting graham Carr in charge until the end of the season.
Getting rid of half the squad.
Buying no one and instead field a team of our own including some youth team players.
Accept relegation and task graham with sourcing seven or eight players to have us challenging in league two next year.
Let’s face it we are down,I doubt we have any finances anyway but if we have we’d be better spending in the summer in an effort to get promotion rather than spend silly money when we are going down anyway.
Not defeatist
Realistic
I wonder what the Chinese are thinking??

We are unlikely to know as communication doesn’t seem their strong point
Do they still exist??
If so how are our educational programmes working over there Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: