The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:46:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Portsmouth (A) 30th December

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portsmouth (A) 30th December  (Read 8235 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2017, 19:00:48 pm »

It helps people get stuff off their chest. Rather that than it all come out at games.

The issue is, there is no solution at the moment. None of us can suggest anything that hasn't really been tried.

If I were in charge I'd totally make us completely long ball and horrible to watch by being dull as hell and horrid to break down. Try and stop conceding. Roll on January.
At least you have made a proposal - congratulations!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2017, 19:07:42 pm »

I suggest putting jimmy on gardening leave
Putting graham Carr in charge until the end of the season.
Getting rid of half the squad.
Buying no one and instead field a team of our own including some youth team players.
Accept relegation and task graham with sourcing seven or eight players to have us challenging in league two next year.
Let’s face it we are down,I doubt we have any finances anyway but if we have we’d be better spending in the summer in an effort to get promotion rather than spend silly money when we are going down anyway.
Not defeatist
Realistic
I wonder what the Chinese are thinking??

We are unlikely to know as communication doesn’t seem their strong point
Do they still exist??
If so how are our educational programmes working over there Shocked
Some decent proposals but not sure about youth players!
Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2017, 19:24:48 pm »

Snipe,Snipe,Snipe
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2017, 19:30:34 pm »

Snipe,Snipe,Snipe
Woodcock,woodcock,woodcock.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2017, 19:32:49 pm »

There are at the moment two things which never change:
1) With every defeat the same group of ‘fans’ are the first to whinge hard and long. The second is the result and accompanying performance

The first half or first 30 mins at least upto the first goal was ok. Ingram should have done a lot better with their first! The second goal was a world beater - no chance. The third goal was a defensive error by the goalie and two centre halves,  not good to see.
Personally I thought we were aimless second half - who was meant to be captain? Sideways and backwards. Frankly Pompey could have won by 4 or 5. We never looked remotely likely to score again!. So in summary a dispiriting 2nd half with only some chronic misses by them and few fine saves by Ingham. Quite a few booed the team off at the end; very few happy clappers at the end too.
What’s to be done:
Ingham far from impressive
Moloney at least got forward but end product often poor
Buchs hesitant and out muscled far too easily. We need a new left back or Smith.
Poole see Buchs, need a good replacement!
Taylor where was he for their goals?
JJOT pick of the team should be captain
Hoskins not L1 standard and has lost his zip
Crooks ,  sell him January - ‘The Iron’ ?
Grimes - who ? - was he playing?
McC - end his contract?
Long - did ok and scored!

Result easy stroll 2nd half for Pompey!

Summary on today’s performance we need 4 new defensive and midfield players plus a winger, a replacement for Richards plus another winger. As for JFH he has failed to galvanise the players; tinkered too much. So much that the confidence of the players is shot through.

Special word for the supporters who made it to the game - good support pity it was all in vain.

I couldn't agree more with your assessment of Buchs, it's like the elephant in the room, he's been dreadful for months, no pace, no height and a terrible passer of the ball.....constantly getting skinned by the opos winger
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2017, 19:39:20 pm »

Buchanan is struggling this season but the cover in front of him is non-existent. There is no midfielder other than JJOt who can tackle and that is a big part of our problems. There are plenty of other problems.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2017, 20:20:18 pm »

Snipe,Snipe,Snipe

Touché
Report Spam   Logged

guest2235

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2017, 20:40:41 pm »

From a Portsmouth supporter on Twitter this evening.

I don't think I've ever seen a side look so scared as Cobblers were today, especially their defence. Looked as if they thought the ball was going to explode anytime it went near them, couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Worst team I've seen this season by a Pompey mile.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2017, 20:42:14 pm »

Buchanan is struggling this season but the cover in front of him is non-existent. There is no midfielder other than JJOt who can tackle and that is a big part of our problems. There are plenty of other problems.

Today Buchs was poor, hesitant passing at best sideways and more often than not it went backwards! Worse than that he was easily outmuscled!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 21:37:04 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2017, 21:01:49 pm »

Just seen the goals, same mistakes every bloody week, defenders standing off players, not closing down, not attempting to put a tackle in and standing, watching almost admiringly as another goal flys in.

How can a group of defenders be unable to do the basics of their job?
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2017, 21:07:15 pm »

From a Portsmouth supporter on Twitter this evening.

I don't think I've ever seen a side look so scared as Cobblers were today, especially their defence. Looked as if they thought the ball was going to explode anytime it went near them, couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Worst team I've seen this season by a Pompey mile.

Bit of a moan that Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2017, 22:17:59 pm »

I blame the orange kit!
Amongst other things, yes!
Oxford, Gills and Rotherham saw us in either claret or black. Utter s***e in orange! Why do we persist with that pathetic novelty Man City third kit s***e?
That shirt has come to symbolise the inept, turgid no fight season...enhanced by JFH!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2017, 23:56:50 pm »

Too many big names under performing .
They have come to our club for money and are not meeting expectations .
Taylor is the single exception .
JFH has not made a difference and neither have the likes of Crooks , Pierre or McGugan .
It’s not good enough . Too much soft pedalling going on .
There is talent here but it’s not emerging .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2017, 08:49:33 am »

If I read one more person that comes out with the “roll on January “ rubbish , I will go mad .
January will make little difference .
The squad of players we already have need to perform and the manager needs to get the best out of them .
January will not save this club - it has to come from within .
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2017, 08:51:56 am »

Anybody what’s happened to Glastonbury?
It's not on in 2018,its a fallow year  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2017, 09:05:54 am »

I blame the orange kit!
I was thinking exactly the same, BIN IT, I've yet to see a decent performance with us in Orange !!!!

All joking apart, why don't we get a set of Claret shorts, then we can wear our proper shirts in most games.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 31, 2017, 09:06:30 am »

Just on a wider level as to the state of health of the club in general.

We don't own the ground.
We don't own a training ground.
We have a half finished, badly designed stand.
We have an out of town stadium with a poor atmosphere which borders on the negative.
We appear to lack players with affinity for the town and a desire to 'play for the shirt'
There is some confusion as to 5USPORTS interest in the club beyond 'educational programmes' in China.
The fans have lost their place on the club board.
The youth team is not pulling up any trees.
The club isn't held in any great regard in the town.

There are clubs from lower leagues who understand the importance of all these things and have better set-ups than us.

Ben Robinson at Burton and Andy Holt at Accrington are good examples of chairmen joining up the dots and helping their clubs punch above their weight

Deal with all these issues one by one and implement a football philosophy across all age groups at the club and things will improve.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 09:11:59 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2017, 09:20:59 am »

Just on a wider level as to the state of health of the club in general.

We don't own the ground.
We don't own a training ground.
We have a half finished, badly designed stand.
We have an out of town stadium with a poor atmosphere which borders on the negative.
We appear to lack players with affinity for the town and a desire to 'play for the shirt'
There is some confusion as to 5USPORTS interest in the club beyond 'educational programmes' in China.
The fans have lost their place on the club board.
The youth team is not pulling up any trees.
The club isn't held in any great regard in the town.

There are clubs from lower leagues who understand the importance of all these things and have better set-ups than us.

Ben Robinson at Burton and Andy Holt at Accrington are good examples of chairmen joining up the dots and helping their clubs punch above their weight

Deal with all these issues one by one and implement a football philosophy across all age groups at the club and things will improve.

The stadium might not be in the middle of the town centre but its far from being  'out of town' 20 mins walk from the station and it location is excellent.. but it is a pile of s***e that needs extensive remodelling to make it more professional.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2017, 09:26:20 am »

Did anyone notice the back of yesterday's programme showing the Cobblers having the luxury of a bigger squad than Pompey !
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2017, 09:27:30 am »

We have been here before. Struggling in league 1 and still have a Stadium that's not good enough, with no finish date, no communication from the Chairman and a Manager who is finding it hard to get professional sportsman to play football.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: