The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:29:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Most gutless Cobblers team I've ever seen

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most gutless Cobblers team I've ever seen  (Read 2558 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« on: December 30, 2017, 15:44:53 pm »

Yep, go back 30 years. This 'side' is the most gutless, 'touchy' side Ive witnessed. Capitulation after capitulation.

How can it be solved?

For me, those leaving is more important than those coming in. Id rather spend 500grand on paying a load of them off than bringing in a top striker. 3 consecutive managers have not been able to get anywhere near the best out of them on a regular basis, we really do need to ruthlessly show a load of them the exit door as soon as we've got the Wigan capitulation out of the way.

I've not given up on this season, far from it. But next week is massive.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 15:56:41 pm »

I agree with what you are saying drilling - there is a cancer at the club that needs cutting out, but would the departures of fringe players like kasim, Hanley, bowditch etc actually solve the problem or are you advocating getting rid of established players too? Looking at the starting 11 today I don't think that many would dispute that this was the "best" lineup we could have gone for but the malaise has set in throughout the entire squad. What disappoints me more than anything is that our experienced pros - and by this I mean buchs and rico and to a slightly lesser extent jjot and Taylor - haven't grabbed the rest by the scruff of the neck and demanded more.
Report Spam   Logged
Martin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 16:01:15 pm »

Thats because the problem lies with the experienced players who are showboating through matches - JJOT excepted.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 16:29:06 pm »

There's rumours of significant changes when the window opens. We'll just have to wait and see and things might fall into some context.
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 16:46:55 pm »

There's rumours of significant changes when the window opens.

Yep a new lot of journey men signed to replace this lot
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 17:34:17 pm »

And to put a cherry on top at a time when we’re desperate for a reliable, quality left sided centre back it’s being reported that rod McDonald is on the verge of a half a million pound move to Birmingham.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 18:01:54 pm »

And to put a cherry on top at a time when we’re desperate for a reliable, quality left sided centre back it’s being reported that rod McDonald is on the verge of a half a million pound move to Birmingham.

What a great eye for a player that JED has eh?  His legacy
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 18:52:11 pm »

I prefer putting the glitter on a turd 💩 which I think is more fitting than cherry 🍒 on top.
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 22:35:06 pm »

There's rumours of significant changes when the window opens. We'll just have to wait and see and things might fall into some context.

Sack the lot of them (players) the team is very unlikeable all round and with the exception of jjot they don't seem to have an ounce of passion or possess any team skill at all.

Jedburgh is responsible for these players and left us with a pile of s....

Really hope these rumours are true

Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 23:08:53 pm »

On train home , havent read previous posts but this shower are the biggest s***e hawks ever to wear the claret...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 23:56:54 pm »

Absolute bunch of shirkers
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 23:59:36 pm »

Going down .
January willl not save us .
The supporters always know . They were right to boo against Bury
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 08:29:13 am »

I fear the worst against Wigan .
There is every chance we could get slaughtered and the fans turn on the players .
This team rolls over and has no spirit .
The manager better be prepared for an onslaught if his team surrender again .
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 08:57:07 am »

Is it as black and white as the players aren't trying? Or could there be other things at play affecting their happiness/morale at the club? Be interesting to know their side of the story too.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 09:07:20 am »

Is it as black and white as the players aren't trying? Or could there be other things at play affecting their happiness/morale at the club? Be interesting to know their side of the story too.
Ask them when the pick up their pay checks?
Maybe they could leave some behind like they do on the pitch...
Poor things...
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 09:22:52 am »

Meanwhile, back in China .....................................................................
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 16:24:53 pm »

Meanwhile, back in China .....................................................................
Maybe we can get some we want answers leaflets made up in chinese Grin
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 16:53:27 pm »

Yep, go back 30 years. This 'side' is the most gutless, 'touchy' side Ive witnessed. Capitulation after capitulation.

I'll second that. How some of them claim to be professional footballers is beyond me.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 18:43:42 pm »

I still think this emphasis on 'guts' is a gross simplification. I've argued before that a side shipping the number of goals that we are should be playing its most defensively competent midfielders, even, in the case of G Smith, if that means playing them out of position. If JFH had selected McWilliams and Smith in place of Crooks and McGugan then I doubt we would have shipped three goals. That has nothing to do with character and everything to do with selecting the correct balance of 'artists and warriors'.

JFH will continue to struggle until he gets this balance right. Decent recruitment will help, but ultimately his decision making needs to improve.

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 19:08:38 pm »

It's certainly seems a long time since the Blackburn game.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: