The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:55:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Is the penny starting to drop

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the penny starting to drop  (Read 2566 times)
paul thompson is

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: December 30, 2017, 16:41:53 pm »

Here is a shock to your system
Northampton Town will always be a lower league team,
now stop spitting feathers and get used to it........

2 seasons at best out of the bottom Division.
then back for season after season after season watching basement sh!te

The players don't give a sh1t(it is JOB to them) they dont care if the shirt is blue,yellow,red or claret(it is a JOB)
they are journey men, average talent footballers, if they were any good they wouldn't be playing for us,
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest3114

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 18:06:05 pm »

I think that penny dropped for many of us years ago. I’ve argued before that we are possibly exceeding expectations by not going out of the league altogether at some point. There are some that say that by developing the ground and infrastructure we would ensure success? Well I’m afraid that’s nonsense as well. The truth is that no matter the circumstances you can still suffer decades of decline? If you look at the so called big clubs with associated crowds that are currently in league one (or in Portsmouth’s case last season 2) why anyone thinks otherwise is beyond me? That being said the reverse is obviously also true with clubs that that seemingly have no right to be in the prem making a good job of playing in it. I used to see Sean Dyche quite regularly at the garden centre near the Queen Eleanor. Pop up there and if he’s still a regular ask him the secret? Failing that there’s always hope, we’ve done it before you know?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 18:15:34 pm »

Ian Atkins said years ago that you will only get 2 years of success at Northampton until they can invest over a sustained period. This is why I think the development is STILL the most important topic for the longterm future of NTFC.

At some stage somebody needs a 5 YEAR not 5 MONTH plan.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 18:24:11 pm »

Melbourne, there are always exceptions to the rule but you are wrong about infrastructure. The point is that if you have a modern well developed stadium with facilities that produce revenue every day all the year you (a) have a stronger business financially (b) have more spending power for players (c) have significantly better prospects of attracting the right sort of owners who don't see the club as speculative or vanity project or a bucket. True, this guarantees nothing if you have a duff management team or owners who have no ambitions or plans but the chances of success on and off the pitch are that much better.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 23:23:26 pm »

Ignore all the thomasites/cardozite gobs***es, stop killing our club....
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 08:15:03 am »

Melbourne, there are always exceptions to the rule but you are wrong about infrastructure. The point is that if you have a modern well developed stadium with facilities that produce revenue every day all the year you (a) have a stronger business financially (b) have more spending power for players (c) have significantly better prospects of attracting the right sort of owners who don't see the club as speculative or vanity project or a bucket. True, this guarantees nothing if you have a duff management team or owners who have no ambitions or plans but the chances of success on and off the pitch are that much better.
Fair comment, I must concede it does improve your chances as you say.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 09:53:25 am »

I think that penny dropped for many of us years ago. I’ve argued before that we are possibly exceeding expectations by not going out of the league altogether at some point. There are some that say that by developing the ground and infrastructure we would ensure success? Well I’m afraid that’s nonsense as well. The truth is that no matter the circurmstances you can still suffer decades of decline? If you look at the so called big clubs with associated crowds that are currently in league one (or in Portsmouth’s case last season 2) why anyone thinks otherwise is beyond me? That being said the reverse is obviously also true with clubs that that seemingly have no right to be in the prem making a good job of playing in it. I used to see Sean Dyche quite regularly at the garden centre near the Queen Eleanor. Pop up there and if he’s still a regular ask him the secret? Failing that there’s always hope, we’ve done it before you know?
Its this all or nothing attitude that Thomas is trying to instill in our heads but at no point looking for the achievable  middle ground..
How bad would it be for our club to play in a more professional atmospheric stadium of 12000 built gradually season by season, that has all the amenities you expect  at our level and an extra 2 or 3000 more regularly turning up to watch?
Yes we wont ever get back to what is now the premiership, who cares as long as we can be the very best with what we have and that could easily see us challenging for and playing  in the championship... Its all there to be done easily,  we just need a little direction and lot less belittling from those with alternative agendas perhaps.
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 10:01:35 am »

Beds, I very rarely reply to one of your posts because I am scared of you. But a bigger ground doesn’t bring atmosphere - fans do.
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 10:10:47 am »

http://www.5usport.com/club

Does anyone understand this crap?? What is their angle??

And is it the players who are not buying into "The Professional Development Learning Stage Objectives"?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 10:50:56 am »

Beds, I very rarely reply to one of your posts because I am scared of you. But a bigger ground doesn’t bring atmosphere - fans do.
Im the least scary person on here😂
You are  correct, its fans that create the match day buzz but they are more likely to flock to a professional setting that allows and encourages them to join in with the singing and chanting and in doing so attract those that just like to be part of a real match day experience, something present day Sixfields badly lack.
Over the next 5 season we could easily and relatively cheaply fit out the east stand boxes/bar /restaurant  and build up a bank of terracing holding 3000 up behind the seats in the south stand  and a similar terracing at a later date behind the north.
Demand this of those who are currently shying away from the responsibility to do one bit at a time with the full support of the town to make it to work.
Unless we demand these improvements  of Thomas, nothing will ever happen.
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2017, 11:57:59 am »

Im the least scary person on here😂
You are  correct, its fans that create the match day buzz but they are more likely to flock to a professional setting that allows and encourages them to join in with the singing and chanting and in doing so attract those that just like to be part of a real match day experience, something present day Sixfields badly lack.
Over the next 5 season we could easily and relatively cheaply fit out the east stand boxes/bar /restaurant  and build up a bank of terracing holding 3000 up behind the seats in the south stand  and a similar terracing at a later date behind the north.
Demand this of those who are currently shying away from the responsibility to do one bit at a time with the full support of the town to make it to work.
Unless we demand these improvements  of Thomas, nothing will ever happen.

Yes, I want to agree with you and I really would like a 12k ground. But I go to a lot of JPT games (due to my s***e life only really letting me go to evening games) and a large ground with no fans is the ultimate in depression.

It unfortunately is like buying sun cream before you see the weather forecast. If we stay in league 1 or flirt with better, it will work. When/if we go down, or flirt with worse, we are the new Darlington.
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2017, 12:11:53 pm »

http://www.5usport.com/club

Meaningless tosh.  KT knows how to look after himself but the as to whether the club is is safe hands I have increasing doubts, serious doubts. Without transparency we will not know the answer until the next ownership crisis steals up and bites us on the rear end. 
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 13:20:34 pm »

We're not going to know are we unless someone has actual knowledge of the company and understanding of the chinese market. I bet you wouldn't have brought this up after a win though.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 14:40:27 pm »

Yes, I want to agree with you and I really would like a 12k ground. But I go to a lot of JPT games (due to my s***e life only really letting me go to evening games) and a large ground with no fans is the ultimate in depression.

It unfortunately is like buying sun cream before you see4 the weather forecast. If we stay in league 1 or flirt with better, it will work. When/if we go down, or flirt with worse, we are the new Darlington.
what is it with the fixation with all or nothing, if the sun doesn't shine on the day you bought your sun lotion, dont worry, youll be prepared when it does and that goes with a 12000 seater stadium you will get lots of 7,8 or 9000 gates that currently we miss out on due to restrictions  due to low capacity and the general poor match day experience that puts off visitors.
Yes there will be two men and a dog at the checkatrade trophy but when we play a big club or a massive promotion game we will attract the 12000 crowd so worth it.
Your doomsday predictions  comparing  our much needed redevelopment  and small town Darlington and there 25000 white elephant stadium is not relevant and couldve come from kelvins own book of belittling tactics.
Report Spam   Logged
slabtish

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 15:16:57 pm »

sixfields is a s***ehole in a retail park, i reckon there is trouble on the horizon and we willhave to start off all over again how no one knows but we have peed off the council which were good but remarkably naive when splashing out for the club so will hardly help again, so a sugar daddy has got to get us out of sixfields and and on the right path to good standard footie and good standard 5 figure capacity stadium, until then we are doomed . Happy new year
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 18:47:40 pm »

Ian Atkins said years ago that you will only get 2 years of success at Northampton until they can invest over a sustained period. This is why I think the development is STILL the most important topic for the longterm future of NTFC.

At some stage somebody needs a 5 YEAR not 5 MONTH plan.

Cardoza had a five year plan. We spent most of it fending off relegation out of the FL
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 11:02:45 am »

I get that we can't compete with Blackburn, Wigan, Bradford or Charlton.

What I don't understand is why is it accepted that we can't sustain League One football with our current set up.

Shrewsbury
Sc***horpe
Doncaster
Fleetwood
Blackpool
Peterborough
Oxford
Bristol Rovers
Gillingham
Southend
Walsall
Oldham
AFC
Rochdale
Bury

15 clubs that are not a million miles away from us in terms of size. How does this then equate to accepting we can't stay in league one?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 11:35:24 am »

Zero investment into infrastructure.
Constant subjection to outside speculators with an unhelpful stand off with our council in  attempts to gain vast personal  wealth from land at Sixfields that could be used for our clubs springboard to a better future.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 11:45:10 am »

Lack of local pride and feeling distant from their club, generations brought up being told how rubbish the local team are.
 A mind set that could easily be rectified by involving all in a programme of steady sustainable growth throughout the club
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 11:54:58 am »

Zero investment into infrastructure.
Constant subjection to outside speculators with an unhelpful stand off with our council in  attempts to gain vast personal  wealth from land at Sixfields that could be used for our clubs springboard to a better future.

I understand this and the infrastructure is vital to push on and up the league with the potential for a better future. But what we have should not mean we belong in league 2.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: