The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 08:40:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Southend United (H) 2pm 6th Jan

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Southend United (H) 2pm 6th Jan  (Read 10111 times)
Wolvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2018, 16:43:06 pm »

Facey was absolutely different gravy I thought. Moloney will be getting splinters in his backside for a long time yet if he carries on like that.

Agreed. Absolutely class first game. He seemed to hold the ball and release it down the line once Long had already started moving - vast improvement on Moloney/Buchs kicking it towards the corner flag at every opportunity.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2018, 16:45:22 pm »

We need to pack Sixfields out for that one - how about a promotion from the club for this one, season ticket holders bring a friend for a tenner or free drink or food item with every ticket. It might not make a big difference but anything to help get people in.

Would be a great idea.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2018, 16:47:18 pm »

The celebrations after revs’ goal we’re a bit telling - first of all for some reason Jimmy turned round to the fans pointing to himself and then revs came running to Jimmy clearly saying “that’s why” over and over - all a bit unedifying to be honest when they should have been more concerned with celebrating with each other.

Nothing wrong with a show of passion and I would expect it was "that why you don't need a new striker" . Well done revs and if you are off , good luck. Interesting to see him chatting with the Southend fans after the final whistle, maybe he's off there?

Any one know why the young fella in the top of the west was dragged out? See him at every game I go home and away and doesn't strike me as a trouble maker.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2018, 16:49:50 pm »

The first half was one of the worst 45 minutes of football I can recall seeing. The second half was much better and thoroughly enjoyable. I like the look of Facey; solid and dependable with really good composure and reading of the game. I think I'm a little bit in love with Berto after his 30 minute cameo. That bit of skill at the start of his run that led to Rev''s goal was outrageous!

Even if we end up dropping down a level, I can see the games between now and the end of the season being a lot more entertaining with him involved!! If we can add a little more firepower to feed off his runs and a bit of a seasoned campaigner in the Carlisle/Taylor (Ian or Jason!) mould to fire people up then we might even have a chance of getting out of this mess!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2018, 16:56:59 pm »

Nothing wrong with a show of passion and I would expect it was "that why you don't need a new striker" . Well done revs and if you are off , good luck. Interesting to see him chatting with the Southend fans after the final whistle, maybe he's off there?

Any one know why the young fella in the top of the west was dragged out? See him at every game I go home and away and doesn't strike me as a trouble maker.

He played for Southend previously, he will end up league 2 I'd imagine
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2018, 16:58:24 pm »

A ridiculous situation to throw that lad out. The stewards said it was for "banging the seat" and he's been told not to before. The FBI fella said it's a ridiculous decision to kick him out.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2018, 17:08:03 pm »

A ridiculous situation to throw that lad out. The stewards said it was for "banging the seat" and he's been told not to before. The FBI fella said it's a ridiculous decision to kick him out.

Very sad if that was the case. I felt there was absolutely no need the manhandle the lad in the fashion that I witnessed.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2018, 17:11:21 pm »

He played for Southend previously, he will end up league 2 I'd imagine

Thank's. I didn't know that. I agree that he will end up in L2 , probably in a team making a push for promotion like Mansfield, Lincoln or Exeter.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2018, 17:13:57 pm »

I think I'm a little bit in love with Berto after his 30 minute cameo. That bit of skill at the start of his run that led to Rev''s goal was outrageous!

Very like Ricky Holmes I thought with that drop of the shoulder.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2018, 17:17:28 pm »

A game of two halves they say....

First half was what we have become used to, just slightly worse.

Second half we worked harder and once Long won the pen we looked like a pretty decent side. Defensively Poole was fantastic today, won loads in the air against bigger players and a good mix of hoofing it and trying to play out. Facey had a great debut, really composed other than a few nervy moments playing back to Ingram. Buchs was decent today, Ash his usual self apart from the ten minutes after the pen was given against him where he lost it.

Sammy Hoskins had a great game out wide, Foley was steady on the other side. Crooks had a great second half, Grimes delivery was vastly improved but he still loses the ball too much for me. Good to see him being vocal with those around him though.

JJ won free kicks and headers galore and got a nice re-direct for his goal. Long was brilliant today, hassled well and his movement superb with and without the ball. Deserved a goal.

Hildeberto missed a gaping open goal after coming on to a big fanfare then didn't touch the ball for twenty minutes. The next time he did he beat a man on the half way line to charge forward on the break and set up Revs for a tidy finish. Will certainly be one to make things happen I think.

Happy as we have a massive three points, hope we see more of the second half flowing football than the first half hoofball.

All pretty much spot on......a few too many "greats" perhaps!! More "goods" than "greats" and more of the performance that this players should be producing week in week out.

Hilda looks an exciting prospect from his little cameo......when the pitch is flat and good he should start as he'd do some damage running with the ball...not so easy on some of the cabbage patch pitches that we see in the winter. They may nullify his end product somewhat.
Facey looked decent and composed apart from a weak back header then a strong back header past Ingram!! Once he gets up to speed with everyone he'll be a vast improvement on Moponey.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2018, 17:19:31 pm »

Facey looked very good. Plenty of composure.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2018, 17:37:19 pm »

Very decent second half after a decidedly sloppy first. Facey I thought had a very steady game rather than outstanding but it was the substitution that let Hilda on that fully galvanised the Cobblers where he quite easily should have scored with his first two touches. The 3rd goal which he created with sublime skill, purposeful running and a deft pass to Revell certainly brought back memories of Ricky H. What I can't understand was the total transformation after our 2nd goal went in, I'm sure most of it is down to confidence but Matt Crooks remains a huge enigma. First half we was practically useless, couldn't tackle without giving away a foul, was 2nd to all 50/50s, and looked pretty disinterested while the second half he was like a different player.

JFH still needs to get the balance right between workhorses and flair players and it is a mystery to me how Shaun McWilliams was overlooked after his MOM display against Wigan.

Overall an encouraging display, but far harder tests to come starting next week at Bradford.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2018, 18:16:37 pm »

Excellent result, sign a decent forward next week now and we might stand a chance
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2018, 18:22:16 pm »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/northampton-town/11198392/northampton-3-1-southend

There's was def a pen. Ours not so much!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2018, 18:32:49 pm »

I don't think either was......however I can see why they were given!! Taylors head then turning his body made it look like he barged into their player....well within the area by the way!!

As for ours...Long jumped up into their player and then went down...........the lino furiously flagging for what was the only definite foul of the three on O'Toole!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2018, 19:30:00 pm »

It's a shame but Revs is off, he looked lean and hungry today.
If you read this Alex thanks for everything you always gave 100% for NTFC and scored some great goals, all the best and good luck for the future.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2018, 19:45:32 pm »

I'm not so sure Revs is off. Why would he have been on the bench, let alone brought on.

I didn't think Facey was all that, but for the first game in a year, I'll be happy if he improves.

Grimes started awful again, that shocking free kick was worse than last week, but fair play he turned it around.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2018, 20:02:35 pm »

I'm not so sure Revs is off. Why would he have been on the bench, let alone brought on.

I didn't think Facey was all that, but for the first game in a year, I'll be happy if he improves.

Grimes started awful again, that shocking free kick was worse than last week, but fair play he turned it around.

Revs is gone get over it
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2018, 20:26:38 pm »

Great second half in comparison with the first which was dull and listless.Grimes was pretty awful and maybe lucky to start next Saturday.  Facey never really shone first half apart from misplaced back headers Smiley . Southend looked neat and tidy, but had one or two defensive lapses and not a lot up front. Hope upon hope we don't go for Cox who was deservedly subbed.
Second half was much better ; Facey was classy and his tackles well timed. How wrong was I doubting JFH judgement in bringing in a 22yr with out a great deal of experience in the EFL. Grimes confidently put his penalty away and after that Southend disappeared from the game - well more or less! As for the penalty's their one was not a penalty, ours was! Still I probably would say that! Both Facey and Crooks got better as the game wore on. Some of Crooks inter passing was good too. Poole also improved or got more confident. Ingram not a great deal to do but his kicking is sub Championship standard. Hoskins ran around a lot and would say depending who comes in will do well to retain his place in the side. I really enjoyed the last few minutes of the game; with Berto's little run aided by his sublime feint on their player running straight at their defence who retreated like the biblical Red Sea finished with a cool pass to Revell who took his time and placed his shot into the far corner. Gripping stuff and good composure by Revell...if only he could have shown that expertise earlier in the season!
Great move to grant Facey MOM, good for his confidence. Pretty glad to see he has natural ability and is calm and collected on the ball. Hats off to JFH and poke in the eye for all (incl me)those who doubted his judgement.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2018, 20:29:46 pm »

All pretty much spot on......a few too many "greats" perhaps!! More "goods" than "greats" and more of the performance that this players should be producing week in week out.

Hilda looks an exciting prospect from his little cameo......when the pitch is flat and good he should start as he'd do some damage running with the ball...not so easy on some of the cabbage patch pitches that we see in the winter. They may nullify his end product somewhat.
Facey looked decent and composed apart from a weak back header then a strong back header past Ingram!! Once he gets up to speed with everyone he'll be a vast improvement on Moponey.

Its Berto GP its Berto!

ps I thought Berto was carrying a bit of "extra" in backside quarters! ...Yes/No
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 20:36:28 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: