The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:57:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bradford (Away)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradford (Away)  (Read 12331 times)
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« on: January 08, 2018, 11:18:55 am »

Apologies if already started, couldn't find the topic.

I'm heading up from London, there's some direct trains from Kings Cross to Leeds and then can head from there to Bradford.
Is that the best way?

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:24:14 am »

We always lose to Bradford. This must be how Oxford feel when they see us in the fixture list.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 11:28:45 am »

£70 return to Bradford from Kings Cross  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 12:24:14 pm »

Awful record against Bradford in recent times but Yeovil beat them on Saturday so there is some hope.

I just hope we go there and take the game to them a bit unlike last season with Page in charge.

Some of the teams above us have really pulled away from us over the christmas period and we can't afford to be cut adrift anymore particularly as most have games in hand.
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 12:32:37 pm »

Comfortable 6-0 win for the Bantams.

Hilda starts and gets a straight red before the half hour mark. Facey has a shocker.

For those that don’t agree, check out my Doncaster prediction.
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 12:47:08 pm »

The only real piece of optimism that I can see is that Bradford’s home record is pretty poor - we will need to do something that we haven’t done for a while on the road and defend with discipline in numbers and hope they get frustrated and then hit them on the break.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 12:54:51 pm »

Can't you get a train directly from King's Cross to Bradford Forster Square?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 12:57:05 pm »

Unleash the Berto on them  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 13:18:10 pm »

Will we see yet another changed line-up?

You would hope the same team would start again, unless Powell and Berto are fit enough to start.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 13:27:28 pm »

Will we see yet another changed line-up?

You would hope the same team would start again, unless Powell and Berto are fit enough to start.

Judging by the size of Berto a 10 min cameo is about all we can hope for.

Of course he will tinker, he cant help himself
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 13:43:24 pm »

Strange. We all commented on Saturday that Berto looked a lot slimmer than had been anticipated due to previous comments. Weight certainly doesn't appear to be an issue, just hope he can get up to 90 minute match fitness sooner rather than later.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 14:11:20 pm »

We don't always lose there...usually, yes! Won on my first visit a few years back when Doc Deuchs scored...2009?

No, you can't get direct from King's Cross to Bradford. However, hardly dificult ( if not pricey from London). Direct to Leeds...£4.20 rtn from there to Forster's Square - 12-15min every half hour or so!

Staying over. Corn Dolly, just a few minutes walk from ground and Forster's Square station is friendly, good ales and usually the BCFC fanzine for sale. Haigy's on Manningham Rd has since shut down!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 14:23:20 pm »

£70 return to Bradford from Kings Cross  Lips Sealed
Can do much cheaper than £70 if you split tkts!

King's Cross - Donny £45 rtn.

Donny - Leeds £7.70 rtn

Leeds - Bradford £4.20 rtn.

Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 14:23:52 pm »

I've got a horrible feeling here..3-0 loss.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 14:51:57 pm »

Haigy's on Manningham Rd has since shut down!

What's the name of the pub the old man stumbles out of during the opening scene of the Rita, Sue & Bob Too film? I know Manningham Lane is referenced in that film.

There didn't seem to be too many pubs around the ground last time I went. I guess in part due to the demographics of the surrounding area.

Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 15:11:15 pm »

Can do much cheaper than £70 if you split tkts!

King's Cross - Donny £45 rtn.

Donny - Leeds £7.70 rtn

Leeds - Bradford £4.20 rtn.

Nice, thanks
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 15:24:20 pm »

Agree with the others that Berto didn't look as bad as expected? Still looked like having a decent turn of pace.

I hope to see:

Ingram

Facey   Poole   Ash   Buchs

Hoskins Crooks Grimes Foley

JJOT
                Long

Only changes would be Berto for Hoskins or Powell for Foley if they are fit enough.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 15:30:07 pm »

What's the name of the pub the old man stumbles out of during the opening scene of the Rita, Sue & Bob Too film? I know Manningham Lane is referenced in that film.

There didn't seem to be too many pubs around the ground last time I went. I guess in part due to the demographics of the surrounding area.

No idea!!!  Grin

Out of the away end, walk down Midland Rd towards town. After 5 mins walk at T-junction. Right then immediate left are two CAMRA listed bars (one a Record shop!).
Turning left at junction, over carriage way and up the steps is the Corn Dolly - 7-10 min walk max!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 16:26:47 pm »

It’s amazing how one player can give you optimism .
If Hilda plays , anything could happen !
Interesting how JFH immediately played him on the left , I assume so that he can cut in and shoot .
Everyone else has played him on the right and that’s where he did the damage on Saturday .
I wonder if jimmy dare start him though because he may be a defensive liability .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 16:40:13 pm »

It’s amazing how one player can give you optimism .
If Hilda plays , anything could happen !
Interesting how JFH immediately played him on the left , I assume so that he can cut in and shoot .
Everyone else has played him on the right and that’s where he did the damage on Saturday .
I wonder if jimmy dare start him though because he may be a defensive liability .
The dilemma is do you start him and take him off after 50-60 mins or bring him on with 30 mins to go?
I'd go for the first option, hopefully he will loose some of the weight he's carrying.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: