The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:16:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bradford (Away)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradford (Away)  (Read 12327 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2018, 19:23:03 pm »

Got a good feeling about this game  Shocked Looking forward to it a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2018, 19:39:06 pm »

I'm sure you came on here (or it could've been the Chron) last season and said the same - then proceeded to give us a pasting!

Correct me Buster, they walloped us at Wembley, but I thought last season they had narrow victories.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 20:10:21 pm »

Of all the times we have played them recently , this is the most optimistic I have been .
We have had a bit of a lift and a few players are coming into form , plus there is the unknown Hilda factor .
They have a lot of players out.
The question is , can we keep them out ?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 20:14:20 pm »

Correct me Buster, they walloped us at Wembley, but I thought last season they had narrow victories.

Single goal victories for Bradford in the last 5 league games against us. 11 games without a win against the Bantams, our last victory up there was 11 years ago.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2018, 20:25:26 pm »

Got a good feeling about this game  Shocked Looking forward to it a lot.

I hope so Dan; if JFH continues with his team building particularly strengthening the defence we may get something from the game. To me JFH should sort out the defence first. The rest of the team building would follow. Of course a decent striker signed in time for the Bradford game would be great ....
Report Spam   Logged

Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 21:06:03 pm »

The scoreline may have been narrow 1-2 (the home game I'm talking about) but we were pasted.  It was the game after Sheffield away (about this time last year) and they hammered us in the 2nd half if you recall. In fact it started the rot and was the beginning of the end for Rob Page.

Anyway, I definitely recall a Bantam supporter posting prior to the game that they weren't in the best of form and it being a good time to play them...
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 23:16:42 pm »

In my experience there was only ever one person getting Demontagnac sent off.

The crowd on that side of pitch opposite to us rightly/wrongly had it in for him after 1st booking , the second booking was for a mild offence; the crowd demanded blood and a feeble referee obliged. I hope from your comments that you witnessed the incident! Otherwise your comments are based on sheer prejudice. Demon of course was rightly sent off against MK!
Report Spam   Logged

Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2018, 11:53:27 am »

The scoreline may have been narrow 1-2 (the home game I'm talking about) but we were pasted.  It was the game after Sheffield away (about this time last year) and they hammered us in the 2nd half if you recall. In fact it started the rot and was the beginning of the end for Rob Page.

My girlfriends first 'Soccer' game. I felt bad at just how boring it was... we never left our own half in the second half. They well and truly dominated us as per usual.

Absolutely hate playing Bradford!
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 08:07:28 am »

Anyway, I definitely recall a Bantam supporter posting prior to the game that they weren't in the best of form and it being a good time to play them...

Happy new year to all you Cobblers.

Just wondering on your thoughts about tomorrow's game. You are playing us at probably the right time, we are stuck in a bit of a poor run by our standards this season, with too many drawn games and odd defeat. Indeed, we have not tasted victory home or away since we beat you at Valley Parade in November!

Our defence has remained very strong throughout the season, and our central midfield is as good as I have seen in the league this season and we have dominated most games possession wise even during our mini slump. However, our strikers have collectively been very poor for most of the season, apart from Billy Clarke, who unfortunately has been injured for over a month now.

The game as all the hallmarks of being a tight 0-0 draw. However, I am going to stick my neck out and predict a scrappy 1-0 victory for us.

I was hoping to make the trip tomorrow with Cobbler Bob. However, the date has clashed with a family do and I am unable to make it.

Good luck for the rest of the season, after tomorrow of course!   
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 08:20:40 am »

I think we've got to throw Turnbull straight in alongside Taylor tomorrow. Poole doesn't convince me at centre back and one performance against an impotent Southend attack isn't going to convince me otherwise.

Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 08:35:22 am »

I think we've got to throw Turnbull straight in alongside Taylor tomorrow. Poole doesn't convince me at centre back and one performance against an impotent Southend attack isn't going to convince me otherwise.

I have to agree here about Poole. Seems to look like a centre back when he's in midfield or right back. But doesn't look like a centre back when playing in his actual position! Although he did look very good Southend.

On the positives, just bought my ticket for my first away trip up to Bradford. I really don't know why I put myself through it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2995

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2018, 08:36:19 am »

Poole is not physical enough for this league in that position .
It was fine against Simon Cox last week but he will get bullied against better players .
Poole is a cover player in my view .
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2018, 09:31:17 am »

Poole is not physical enough for this league in that position .
It was fine against Simon Cox last week but he will get bullied against better players .
Poole is a cover player in my view .

but why have a player in cover for a position that he can't play in?
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2018, 09:33:13 am »

My team for the weekend would be:

O'Donnell

Facey  Taylor  Turnbull  Buchanan

Crooks   Grimes

Berto      JJOT     Powell

Long
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2018, 09:45:08 am »

O'Donnell

Crooks   Grimes

Long

Why Crooks and Grimes so deep? JJOT needs to be Central midfield for this one. Please try again!
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2018, 09:52:51 am »

but why have a player in cover for a position that he can't play in?

Because he’s cover for all the centre halves and cover as a holding midfield player .
I don’t think he is JFH’s first choice in either position and he didn’t bring him to the club .
Don’t get me wrong , he’s a decent enough player and can be influential but there are better players ahead of him .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2018, 09:55:34 am »

O'Donnell

Crooks   Grimes

Long
I would like to see this team take to the pitch but it’s too attacking against Bradford away .
I think Foley will start wide and Berti will be on the bench .
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 10:35:44 am »

Why Crooks and Grimes so deep? JJOT needs to be Central midfield for this one. Please try again!

You know full well that Jimmy won't do that! Also, happy to see your preferred side  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2018, 10:37:25 am »

You do know OCoole's team is exactly how Jimmy set-up his midfield 3 in the last game don't you?

I completely agree with you that JJOT should player deeper and I'd like to see Grimes given a go further forward but Jimmy just isn't going to do it.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2018, 10:40:26 am »

I would like to see this team take to the pitch but it’s too attacking against Bradford away .
I think Foley will start wide and Berti will be on the bench .

Playing Foley over Berto is nonsensical in my opinion.

I don't mind Foley as a player, but he is clearly being played out of position. Yes he probably offers that bit more defensive cover than Berto would but that is not the principal job of a winger. They need to offer a quick counter-attacking threat in our 4411 formation. There's absolutely no way that Foley could match what Berto did to set up Revell's goal on the weekend.

If we want a positive result then we need to set up in a positive manner.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: