The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 17:14:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bradford (Away)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradford (Away)  (Read 12536 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2018, 19:10:30 pm »

Well done boys great win, looked up for it from the start, reminded me of the Oxford performance.
Hoskins looked lost and WTF was the keeper doing for their goal, Facey looked Good, as did the lad from Cov a massive upgrade on Buchs.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 19:24:13 pm by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2018, 19:13:06 pm »

Well done boys great win, looked up for it from the start, reminded me of the Oxford performance.
Hoskins looked lost and WTF was the keeper doing for their goal, Facey looked God as did the lad from Cov a massive upgrade on Buchs.

Crikey yu were there?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2018, 19:20:50 pm »

Excellent result.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2018, 19:21:28 pm »

Totally deserved win, making Bradford look very ordinary.

As for their goal need to see it again, but first impression is that defensively we switched off, being caught out by the quickly taken free kick.

I thought Hoskins did ok, and this was evidenced by the effect of his substitution - with Powell suddenly becoming the weak link, with Bradford taking advantage of this, and it was the only time we looked vulnerable
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2018, 19:29:18 pm »

All the moaners now back to being Jimmy in? Worse than Arsenal fans.

Do you normally back the manager when we lose and want him out when we win?
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2018, 19:35:12 pm »

Breaking news

Football fans are happy when their team wins.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2018, 19:59:55 pm »

Just got back,

6 O'donnel - Some great saves but got caught out twice with low freekicks, was lucky in the first half but the second one was also a quality strike. Overall looks like a quality signing.

7 Turnbull - Was surprised to see him start at left back but he looked class and was surprisingly good on the ball composed and great distribution for out level. He nipped in in front of his man and started
   an attack a couple of times today.

7   Poole - A lot better today , actually looked like a man at CB.

7   Ashley Taylor - Had a decent game , was lucky in the first half when he got tore a new one by one of their lads but the cross just went through everyone.

8   Shay - Looks decent , him and hoskins were talking all game and marshalled their wing through out.

7   Grimes - Same as Poole , actually had some bite today. There were a couple of times where they seemed to ghost passed him on the break in the first half but a big improvement defensively. Set
     peices were decent also.

7   Crooks - Full of running today , seemed a lot fitter and involved than he has been in previous games I have watched.

7    Foley - Filled in on the wing comfortably today, had his man on toast several times in the first half.

7   Hoskins - Really solid performance defensively , with a decent attempt in the first half also.

9   O'toole - Was MOM in my opinion , I lost count the amount of times he comfortably held of his

8  Long - Took his goal well and could have had another.  He seems to have luck when he drifts wide , but he seems to come short every time when there were a few flick ons he could have got if he was
               on the shoulder or on his bike gambling on the flick on.

--------------------------------

5 Powell - Disappointing tbh , didn't look 100% fit . They had a lot more luck down that flank once Hoskins went off.

5 Perriera - Was all over the place  Grin Grin, gave the ball away cheaply when ever he touched it and was involved in some and flailing near the corner flag.

6 Revell - Didn't really have a  chance on the ball. We had resorted to hoofing it where ever by the time he was on, You could see him getting frustrated at hilde for waiting the ball.

Over all I think we played really well and completely controlled the first 15-20 mins of the game.  If we were more clinical we could have been 2-0 up at the break. WE did lose are shape completley after the substitutions but did well to see the game out.
Report Spam   Logged

Trickymicky

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2018, 20:03:30 pm »

Great win, well deserved, not a smash and grab, Long is full of goals with the right service, works well with the powerhouse and General JJ, also some payback for the abysmal Wembley debacle.  Now for the plastics next Saturday!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2018, 20:53:49 pm »

I can't think of more than one that wanted him out. It would appear you're stirring it..
Report Spam   Logged
cobblersbob

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2018, 21:26:58 pm »

Smashin' afternoon - VP is my local match, living in Leeds. Pint and lunch with our good Bradford friend and sometime commentator on here - Idle Bantam - and then sat next to the Bingers boys at the match. Very astute and knowledgeable young men - might just have got it from their dad . . . . . comments welcome!
BTW, now only 13 points behind Pompey in lowest play-off place, with 18 matches to go. Who knows . . . . ?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2018, 22:03:40 pm »

Absolutely... and the singing was first class from the off and you took the game to their fans. Good to see!

Having not made an away game since the cup replay at Scunny, I felt I needed to bring the singing voice  Grin for the record I thought out support was fantastic today. Well done all.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest2995

« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2018, 22:24:32 pm »

I have seen some ridiculous tables published about how successful we have been since JFH brought in his own players .
The turnaround is down to the attitude of the players .
We are far more resolute and working much harder throughout .
Credit has to go to the coaches for that because everyone is giving 10% more and there is less coasting going on .
Some of that is greater confidence but we seem to be mentally stronger .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2018, 22:38:21 pm »

I'm getting excited that we might actually give those f***tards from Peterborough a game for once.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2018, 23:07:55 pm »

Bantams fan: "393 Northampton, made far more noise than our 19,000 and most other fans this season. Guessing they enjoyed our cheap ale, fair play to them."
My voice is slightly "horse" as well...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2018, 23:13:46 pm »

The plaudits continue: "On another note, our fans were dreadful today, I'm not having the performance as an excuse as at kick off it was like a library and it's been the same all season. Northampton fans were fantastic throughout always singing regardless of how poor the game was, and they're or were 3rd bottom, that's support, our fans only make noise to moan at our players, embarrassing."

Well done the guys at the back...  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2018, 23:54:23 pm »

The plaudits continue: "On another note, our fans were dreadful today, I'm not having the performance as an excuse as at kick off it was like a library and it's been the same all season. Northampton fans were fantastic throughout always singing regardless of how poor the game was, and they're or were 3rd bottom, that's support, our fans only make noise to moan at our players, embarrassing."

I did notice these kind words on the football forum haha. Well done to all for joining in with us  Wink I've got no voice at all  Grin

I thought the team was outstanding today. Absolutely outstanding. Keep this level up and we will stay up comfortably. Roll on the next game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
dolph

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2018, 00:02:27 am »

Agree with that DC, even had this old git happy clapping along with them   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2018, 06:26:13 am »

Another Bantam fan: "Also thought their fans were decent good following and at least sang unlike the majority of visiting fans we’ve had the mojo over them for a lot of games so they were due one."
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2018, 09:43:22 am »

Fantastic day out. Headed off at 6am to play the Bradford fans' team up there in the morning in a charity game for the Burns Unit. A 3-1 win got us all off to a good start.

Bantams team were top class, inviting us back to the pub for some pints before helping us get parking right near the ground and some more drinks at a Latvian bar nearby.

On the pitch for the Cobblers, the best away performance since Oxford. Every player was battling and it was refreshing to see us both attack and press the ball away from home. Fully deserved win, and the fans were superb throughout. Noticed there were a few hoarse voices with the fans' team lads when went back for some more beer with the Bantams post-match.

Yesterday was everything that was good about being a lower league fan - a great day out, a good laugh with the opposition, and seeing your team go for it. Lovely Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
idlebantam

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 14, 2018, 10:03:55 am »

Good morning Cobblers.

A fully deserved victory for your boys yesterday. Your lot were definitely up for it more than our lot seemed to be yesterday.
I predicted a few days before the match that you were playing us at a good time for you. Despite being 5th in the league, there is a lot of unrest amongst our natives, especially with poor performances at home this season, unbelievably our 7th home league loss at VP despite being in the play off positions all season, and also whether McCall is getting sufficient backing from our German owners at the moment.

Our defensive and keeper injury list was bad enough yesterday before hearing that Charlie Wyke was also missing and left most fans fearing the worst yesterday. Fair play to you though, you took advantage and dominated all the physical battles thats for sure!

Your fans that made the trip were excellent throughout and outsung a very subdued home following.
Good to meet up with CobblersBob for a pint beforehand, and thats the first time he has got one over me result wise since we met!

Good luck for the rest of the season. I see no danger of you being relegated

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: