The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:38:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bradford (Away)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradford (Away)  (Read 12329 times)
Wolvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2018, 11:42:47 am »

Noticed there were a few hoarse voices with the fans' team lads when went back for some more beer with the Bantams post-match.

The hoarse voices were definitely because of the early start. And the northern temperatures combined with my effort/athleticism levels in the morning. 100% not the extensive range of cheap beer on offer.

Easily away trip of 17/18 so far. And topped any last season for myself too.

With regards to the game itself, credit where credit is due, Grimes bossed it from the middle again yesterday. Looking forward to seeing Turnbull play again. Physically imposing, fast and can play a bit. Facey looks an absolute gem of a find too so far.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2018, 16:00:26 pm »

Good morning Cobblers.

A fully deserved victory for your boys yesterday. Your lot were definitely up for it more than our lot seemed to be yesterday.
I predicted a few days before the match that you were playing us at a good time for you. Despite being 5th in the league, there is a lot of unrest amongst our natives, especially with poor performances at home this season, unbelievably our 7th home league loss at VP despite being in the play off positions all season, and also whether McCall is getting sufficient backing from our German owners at the moment.

Our defensive and keeper injury list was bad enough yesterday before hearing that Charlie Wyke was also missing and left most fans fearing the worst yesterday. Fair play to you though, you took advantage and dominated all the physical battles thats for sure!

Your fans that made the trip were excellent throughout and outsung a very subdued home following.
Good to meet up with CobblersBob for a pint beforehand, and thats the first time he has got one over me result wise since we met!

Good luck for the rest of the season. I see no danger of you being relegated

Get him off!  I think he visits every forum with his 'good time to play us' routine, then comes back the next day when they lose so that he can say 'told you so' coupled with insincere magnanimity whilst listing all the reasons (excuses) why they lost!

Either that or he's a very friendly chap!
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2018, 16:05:34 pm »

Get him off!  I think he visits every forum with his 'good time to play us' routine, then comes back the next day when they lose so that he can say 'told you so' coupled with insincere magnanimity whilst listing all the reasons (excuses) why they lost!

Maybe but I’d rather read his post than another Bed’s rant (who always tends to be a little quieter after success on the pitch - obviously we would have not conceded that 90th minute goal if we had more seats 😉 at six fields)
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2018, 18:12:29 pm »

Maybe but I’d rather read his post than another Bed’s rant (who always tends to be a little quieter after success on the pitch - obviously we would have not conceded that 90th minute goal if we had more seats 😉 at six fields)
Behave yoursen, Its about building up our club in every department so we can finally stand on our own two feet and be able shake off the shackles from those who are using the club as a way to a means without giving 2 5hites for its future after they've sucked the marrow from what's left of our sun bleached bones....
Hope that helps.....
Great win yesterday that should set us up nicely for the ups and downs of a long relegation dog fight.
Didn't go yesterday but will be at Blackburn 😉
Report Spam   Logged
cobblersbob

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2018, 20:36:20 pm »

Dear Buster - let me put you right on this one - Idle Bantam is a very genuine  footy fan and a lifetime supporter of his local club, together with his lovely family. I walked to VP with him and his 89 year old dad and mid 20's daughter yesterday, and it's a delight and privilege to know them all. Idle Bantam first contacted this page after the atrocious post-match behaviour by a few of their knob-head fans following the match on the anniversary of the tragic fire at VP, when so many Cobblers fans had contributed to the support fund and laid their scarves on the memorial.
We have remained friends ever since - even through the debacle at Wembley -  and I look forward to many more years of banter and friendship.
So please don't EVER accuse him of being anything less than genuine in his comments. Thanks, and best regards. UTC - and UTB!
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2018, 22:14:24 pm »

Dear Buster - let me put you right on this one - Idle Bantam is a very genuine  footy fan and a lifetime supporter of his local club, together with his lovely family. I walked to VP with him and his 89 year old dad and mid 20's daughter yesterday, and it's a delight and privilege to know them all. Idle Bantam first contacted this page after the atrocious post-match behaviour by a few of their knob-head fans following the match on the anniversary of the tragic fire at VP, when so many Cobblers fans had contributed to the support fund and laid their scarves on the memorial.
We have remained friends ever since - even through the debacle at Wembley -  and I look forward to many more years of banter and friendship.
So please don't EVER accuse him of being anything less than genuine in his comments. Thanks, and best regards. UTC - and UTB!

Careful Bob, there's a theory that being overliteral is a sign of dementia...  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
cobblersbob

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2018, 22:51:51 pm »

Careful Bob, there's a theory that being overliteral is a sign of dementia...  Undecided
Jeeez! Flippant about dementia as well. Goodbye.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2018, 06:52:51 am »

I’m not being flippant about dementia Bob, I’m genuinely concerned, about you.  I need you to do something for me Bob.  I need you to stay away from this IdleBantam character.  He’s no good for you Bob.  Sure he may have introduced you to his sweet old dad and walked with you to the match but thats all part of his evil plot Bob. Next thing you know he’ll be inviting you in for a cup of tea with an offer to show you his Bantam memorabilia (except they call it a brew up there Bob, remember that, it’s one of the ways to tell them apart). 

Trust me Bob I’m telling you this for your own good.  Just because half their kit is claret doesn’t mean they can be trusted.  A friend of mind was lured in and almost converted in the same way.  He was innocently walking back to his car after the match when this cunning Bantam supporter offered him a chip – with GRAVY Bob, can you believe that.  Within 12 months my friend was a black belt in Ecky Thump and couldn’t even finish his breakfast unless it included black pudding – I’m talking about with his cornflakes Bob.

Fortunately, we saved him before it was too late.  He has since formed an awareness group for those less fortunate.  They call themselves the ‘North of Watford Team’ or NOWT for short.  Let me give you their number Bob, or at least let me make you aware of the signs to watch out for.  Pidgeon droppings on the back doorstep, a whippet kennel in the back yard, or signing off your posts with UTB. 

Oh no Bob, I think it may too late for you!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:01:05 am by Buster » Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2018, 07:15:24 am »

I’m not being flippant about dementia Bob, I’m genuinely concerned, about you.  I need you to do something for me Bob.  I need you to stay away from this IdleBantam character.  He’s no good for you Bob.  Sure he may have introduced you to his sweet old dad and walked with you to the match but thats all part of his evil plot Bob. Next thing you know he’ll be inviting you in for a cup of tea with an offer to show you his Bantam memorabilia (except they call it a brew up there Bob, remember that, it’s one of the ways to tell them apart). 

Trust me Bob I’m telling you this for your own good.  Just because half their kit is claret doesn’t mean they can be trusted.  A friend of mind was lured in and almost converted in the same way.  He was innocently walking back to his car after the match when this cunning Bantam supporter offered him a chip – with GRAVY Bob, can you believe that.  Within 12 months my friend was a black belt in Ecky Thump and couldn’t even finish his breakfast unless it included black pudding – I’m talking about with his cornflakes Bob.

Fortunately, we saved him before it was too late.  He has since formed an awareness group for those less fortunate.  They call themselves the ‘North of Watford Team’ or NOWT for short.  Let me give you their number Bob, or at least let me make you aware of the signs to watch out for.  Pidgeon droppings on the back doorstep, a whippet kennel in the back yard, or signing off your posts with UTB. 

Oh no Bob, I think it may too late for you!

Welcome home Abraham Anstruther!
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2018, 08:30:12 am »

I walked to VP with him and his 89 year old dad and mid 20's daughter yesterday

Should have started your story with this.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Buster

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2018, 12:33:52 pm »

Welcome home Abraham Anstruther!

Lost me there CJ - Abraham Anstruther?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2018, 13:03:38 pm »

Lost me there CJ - Abraham Anstruther?

Great post by you Buster - keep it up!

Here is a link for Abraham Anstruther - what a name, you couldnt invent it!    https://goo.gl/Tg4jtr
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2018, 13:11:58 pm »

Buster wrote a great post, tinged with irony, even fake sentimentality. Buster is well within his rights to challenge the apparent sincerity of IB's comments. Unless of course you are also being 'ironic'!!  Incidentally I don't believe there was 19000 at the match. One stand was empty and large pkts of empty seats all around.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 13:16:36 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2018, 15:28:46 pm »

From the Bradford forum;

Fair play to Northampton cobbled together (no pun intended) with loan signings bloody massive side physically they cane and executed their game plan played the conditions better and took their chances.

Also thought their fans were decent good following and at least sang unlike the majority of visiting fans we’ve had the mojo over them for a lot of games so they were due one.

Our noise non existent very flat at the moment even the k block (coke must be s*** at mo we need to get behind the team booing does t help but neither does shoving KP up front

On to the next game
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2018, 15:35:14 pm »

Buster wrote a great post, tinged with irony, even fake sentimentality. Buster is well within his rights to challenge the apparent sincerity of IB's comments. Unless of course you are also being 'ironic'!!  Incidentally I don't believe there was 19000 at the match. One stand was empty and large pkts of empty seats all around.
Of course there weren't 19,000 there! The Valley Parade capacity is around the 21,500 mark. The Dallas stand was of course empty. In addition, must have been several thousand seats in the Kop, Mainstand and corner unoccupied. Bradford City have just shy of19,000 STHs (discounted prices, I'm sure you are aware) who are counted into the attendance (19,300).

14,500 nearer the mark I'd say!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2018, 15:51:49 pm »

Quite the best display this season eclipses the Oxford game if only based on determination, grit and hard work.  We were first into the tackle and closed them down very quickly which was so good to see. Bradford quite simply weren't able to settle from the off. I like the idea of Turnbull playing at left back where he did ok; more importantly on set pieces he transferred to central defence which was a clever strategy by JFH;why didnt we experts spot that earlier in the week! The look of sheer commitment displayed by Foley on Saturday was representative of the team selected. It was again very good to witness!
So the moral is hard work, commitment, grit and get at 'em will eke out rewards.

JJOT was great , hated by the Crowd and not bullied by the Bradford players. He gained quite a few free kicks too and was instrumental in our general overall play. All the players played well including Facey who was facing a direct and skillful winger as did Turnbull and O'Connell. On the day I thought he (O'C) might have saved their goal it but in viewing the highlights maybe he was out of position or left his right post too exposed? In any case his earlier saves, anticipation and kicking was good. No point in highlighting individual players as one and all rose to the occasion. Also well done to JFH for  selecting the side on the day as I would certainly keep it for MK match. The victory and manner of it answers many of his critics on here too!
Just a word of warning on the upcoming game with MK - some seem to think its a gifted 3 pts. It wont be as they are in a desperate situation, but if we display the same level of performance we stand a good chance of victory.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2018, 15:58:45 pm »

Of course there weren't 19,000 there! The Valley Parade capacity is around the 21,500 mark. The Dallas stand was of course empty. In addition, must have been

14,500 nearer the mark I'd say! 

Thanks  Cool.

The singing and support was top notch , but I liked the way 'you' took the 'fight' to Brad fans at various times in the game. Got the boys in blue scurrying up the aisles! Enjoyed it - every minute too.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: