The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:09:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

MK Donkeys Home 20 Jan 18

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MK Donkeys Home 20 Jan 18  (Read 21497 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 17:05:57 pm »

I completely dispise this lot, In a different way to boro, they are plastic in every way and nothing would give me more pleasure than to see us help them to relegation safe in the knowledge that AFC stay up.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 17:06:27 pm »

Hope they sell out there allocation and all go home stunned when Berto (number 28 plastic fans) comes off the bench and gets a hat trick in a 5-0 win.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 18:21:56 pm »

I’m sure supporters everywhere treat this vile organisation (I refuse to call them a football club) with the same contempt. It’s not the fault of the people that follow them, although I genuinely would find it impossible to support this outfit if I was a local. The blame for this lays squarely with the football league for endorsing this outrage in the first place l. I think it’s the role of every true football fan to never accept this outfit as a club. I personally yearned for the day when Wimbledon got back in the football league. Wimbledon beating them in the league which happened at the back end of last season must have been a day to savour. Not sure how I would have felt if I was an AFC supporter that day. All that’s needed now is for MK to get relegated out of the league and along with AFCs new ground which apparently is a quarter of a mile from the old ground, some of this wrong will have been put right. Someone ran a thread on here sometime ago about who you would support if there was no Cobblers. AFC Wimbledon are my other team, I think their story of overcoming adversity is one of the best in english football. As for MK, say no more, hope we give them a damn good thrashing. Sorry about yet another self righteous rant Wrigley, but these chaps have got my gander up.

Rant away, my friend! I've had a few myself on the very same topic....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 18:49:05 pm »

Mk 'mongs' ummm and in this day and age.
What if someone started a peterboro flids or oxford spaz's or Coventry cripples?
Just a thought.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 19:00:54 pm »

What if someone started a peterboro flids or oxford spaz's or Coventry cripples?
Just a thought.
No problem with that last one as far as I'm concerned.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 19:27:28 pm »

It'll be very interesting to see how we line up for this - after such a great team performance at Bradford common sense would say same again but having turnbull at left back for a home game might be a bit negative. If we bring bunney in I guess he will slot in as a much more attacking lb but then which of Poole or turnbull gives way - it wouldn't be particularly fair on either of them. Then there's Hoskins/foley in the wide attacking positions ahead of pereira - neither of them deserves to lose their place but berto's match fitness isn't going to improve with 5 minutes here and there. It's nice to have options all of a sudden after having none not long ago.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 19:49:14 pm »

Just a thought.

Gillingham Joeys?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 21:29:24 pm »

I would love to see a 7,000 plus crowd but I just can't see it. MK will perhaps get close to selling out the South (950) and we should have more on the home gate than the last few matches, now that word is out there that we are improving and the local element to the game so maybe an additional 500 or so. Probably looking at around 6,250 at best. If only the club could do some marketing and advertising for the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 23:40:12 pm »

Just a thought.
Yes, indeed! As I've always said, Don't mock the inflicted...you might become a cabbage yourself one day!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2018, 05:37:58 am »

Just a thought.

Thought? Yes you're right, I'm sure there's lots of flids in Oxford and many cripples in Coventry.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2018, 07:54:19 am »

I would love to see a 7,000 plus crowd but I just can't see it. MK will perhaps get close to selling out the South (950) and we should have more on the home gate than the last few matches, now that word is out there that we are improving and the local element to the game so maybe an additional 500 or so. Probably looking at around 6,250 at best. If only the club could do some marketing and advertising for the game.
If they were to heavily sell this fixture through local media etc, a thousand plus extra would turn up and cause regulars to miss out, also you would get lots of younger fans turning up not paying full price so lowering the gate receipts.
How can we avoid this situation in the future?😂😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2018, 08:13:12 am »

How can we avoid this situation in the future?😂😂😂
One of the teams being in L2 next year would do it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2018, 08:15:31 am »

If they were to heavily sell this fixture through local media etc, a thousand plus extra would turn up and cause regulars to miss out, also you would get lots of younger fans turning up not paying full price so lowering the gate receipts.
How can we avoid this situation in the future?
No they wouldnt. Last two times there was a campaign was the claret days in the play off year and the promotion year and about 700 extra came. No way 1000+ are going to turn up to a relegation battle
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 08:18:31 am »

Was all ticket for them.....but now it isn't! That gives an indication of how their advance sales were going. Pay on the day available if there are tickets left.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2018, 08:25:57 am »

Oh good, redevelopment chat now leaking into this thread too. If we could just have a detailed discussion on whether this is an easier game or not this would probably be the perfect thread.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2018, 08:58:23 am »

Good to hear you can still get it up!
don’t know who told you that but you’ve been sadly misinformed. That ship sailed many years ago, but might return to these shores if the Wimbledon Travellers Association go out of the league.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2018, 10:08:41 am »

No they wouldnt. Last two times there was a campaign was the claret days in the play off year and the promotion year and about 700 extra came. No way 1000+ are going to turn up to a relegation battle
local derby and a relegation 6 pointer with the introduction of 5 new potentially exciting signings on the back of 2 straight wins.... oxford mk Peterborough luton swindon etc etc would all have 10,000 plus in similar situations   as would we if we could.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2018, 10:19:35 am »

Stadium:MK was in League 2 in 07/08 Brian.

It was the best thing ever too.....

Wasn't that the season they got promoted?

Either way the novelty factor of the nice ground and a team on the up is what got the ball rolling with their attendance increases.
A nice but nearly empty soulless stadium and a team on a serious downward trend - hopefully in league 2 - means a lot of their fans will go back to being armchair Prem fans.
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2018, 10:27:05 am »

Perhaps supporters expectations have suddenly gone from abject despair into overdrive optimism .....having said that , if there are 2 teams I would love to give an absolute tonking to ...& the Plastic Dons are top of my list .COYC.......keep this going.......our magic undefeated run followed by a horrendous run where we were doomed as soon as we let a goal in ....now the pendulum is swinging again Huh?

PS don't like the term" Mongs " being used ! That should be removed by the moderators .
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2018, 10:41:42 am »

They didn't sell out last season so why would they get close now?

When things are going badly for a plastic team they will lose fans quicker than an 'established' club. All the fans that started going with their promotions from league 2 and league 1 will stop going much quicker than a seasoned fan when it's not going well.

Stadium MK in league 2 would be the best thing ever. Combine that with Us and the Real Dons surviving with Luton getting promoted, they would have nothing to look forward to next season.

The sooner they fold the better, and if they really think proper football fans have less animosity towards them over the years they are deluded. #Scumoffootball #plastic #franchise Great post, bri. That is exactly how I feel. I look forward to the day they become a non league club.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: