The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:58:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

MK Donkeys Home 20 Jan 18

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MK Donkeys Home 20 Jan 18  (Read 21500 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2018, 11:20:11 am »

That's only two 'full' debuts: Bunney and Pereira

The latter of which has made an appearance from the bench.
Yes, should have put 5 starting for the first time and not full debut as even 1 min played counts as one.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2018, 12:31:52 pm »

I don’t think there will be too many changes tomorrow .
 I think the team will be as follows :

O’Donnell

Facey.    Taylor.  Poole     Bunney

Crooks    Grimes

Powell                              Foley

JJOT

Long

Hilda and Revell to come on if we are in trouble
No place for Buchs in the match day line up .

Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2018, 12:45:05 pm »

I don’t think there will be too many changes tomorrow .
 I think the team will be as follows :

O’Donnell

Facey.    Taylor.  Poole     Bunney

Crooks    Grimes

Powell                              Foley

JJOT

Long

Hilda and Revell to come on if we are in trouble
No place for Buchs in the match day line up .

Got a sneaking suspicion that we might see Turnbull move over to Centre Back with Poole missing out
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2018, 12:48:22 pm »

I have always hated the concept of MKFC and I do not regard it as a local derby for a team from south London!
Boro' will always be OUR local derby.

Similar to the Saints where Wasps play nearer than Leicester now but are not local rivals.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2018, 13:01:43 pm »

I have always hated the concept of MKFC and I do not regard it as a local derby for a team from south London!
Boro' will always be OUR local derby.

Similar to the Saints where Wasps play nearer than Leicester now but are not local rivals.

Football is all about history we have a history of rivalry with Posh and not with MK.

If I ask my kids to pick a couple of teams we 'have' to beat they would both say MK and Oxford, which I would imagine would be repeated with lots of under 20s fans. You only have to look at how the Oxford rivalry has grown since Wilder left them for us to see how it can change and whether it is liked or not MK has the potential for this.

If we carry on playing MK for most seasons over the next 10 years or so I would expect they would actually overtake Posh for a lot of fans.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2018, 14:37:38 pm »

Christ knows who JFH is going to select for tomorrow - so many options! After the performance and result at Bradford you would have thought an unchanged lineup would be in order but I don’t think there is any chance of that now.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2018, 14:45:44 pm »

When we played them away they were s***e and very lucky to come away with a point. We bossed the game but lacked pace & a cutting edge.

Tomorrow, we now have pace in abundance and Longy can finish, so get on the front foot from the off.

Buzzing for this one...haven't felt like this for a home game all season to be honest

Get into em, fvuck em up!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2018, 14:55:03 pm »

Christ knows who JFH is going to select for tomorrow - so many options! After the performance and result at Bradford you would have thought an unchanged lineup would be in order but I don’t think there is any chance of that now.

I don't think Jimmy does unchanged lineups.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2018, 14:59:17 pm »

When we played them away they were s***e and very lucky to come away with a point. We bossed the game but lacked pace & a cutting edge.

Tomorrow, we now have pace in abundance and Longy can finish, so get on the front foot from the off.

Buzzing for this one...haven't felt like this for a home game all season to be honest

Get into em, fvuck em up!

I thought we played very well in the away game, just never looked like we knew how to score a goal.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2018, 15:01:31 pm »

I thought we played very well in the away game, just never looked like we knew how to score a goal.

Bang on. Dominated the game, played some lovely stuff that evening. But like you say, zero cutting edge!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2018, 15:07:59 pm »

Reading the Dongs (Is that OK?) forum most of them predict a loss and are very unhappy...
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest2995

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2018, 21:22:53 pm »

I don't think Jimmy does unchanged lineups.
It would be ridiculous to turn the side from last week upside down though .
Three new defenders and a new goalkeeper would be suicide .
I think the two centre halves will stay .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2018, 07:01:40 am »

There’s a decent possibility that Poole and foley could lose their places today which would be incredibly harsh as I think they’ve been among our best players recently - if I was JFH I’d pretty much keep it the same as last week which would give a good message to the squad. On a side note with Turnbull being able to cover left back I can’t see any way that buchs will even be on the bench.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2018, 07:35:45 am »

There’s a decent possibility that Poole and foley could lose their places today which would be incredibly harsh as I think they’ve been among our best players recently - if I was JFH I’d pretty much keep it the same as last week which would give a good message to the squad. On a side note with Turnbull being able to cover left back I can’t see any way that buchs will even be on the bench.

I think your right and this might explain Mrs Buchs tweet that Buchs liked last night.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2018, 08:08:19 am »

I think the importance of local derbies for Cobblers' supporters depends on where you grew up.  For me it was North Bucks and so putting one over Oxford, Luton and, in more recent years, MK has always been top of my wish list.  That said, I can see that for many P'boro was and will always be the big one, not least because it was once in the county. 

Anyway, today we want and need 3 points from MK and then we can look forward to Oxford and P'boro.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2018, 09:07:39 am »

I’m just hoping for three points come five o clock
Be great to beat them

When all said and done they’re just a Wimbledon tribute act.

You’re just a tribute act
You’re just a tribute act
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2018, 09:33:14 am »

From what it's worth, Peterborough is the only derby.

I enjoy wins against MK Dons and Rushden and Diamonds and lately Oxford a little bit more than usual, but that's all. None of them have any history with us long term, and neither of their fans would consider us a derby either (with the exception of R&D who of course aren't in a position to be a rival).

In terms of the game itself, it feels like the start of a season. With two thirds of a new team, there's so much optimism about the recruits that I hope we get a good performance, because if we don't morale may drop back to where it was a month ago.

I can't work out who's going to start. Poole or Bunney? Perreira or Hoskins or Foley or Gboly? Who is going to be a customary injury before kick off?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2018, 10:38:38 am »

I think JFH for the first time will stick with a settled side, maybe with Hoksins missing out wide. This means we'll have one hell of a bench:

O'Donnell

Facey Poole Taylor Turnbull

Powell Crooks Grimes Foley

JJOT
                  Long

Ariyibi, Pereira, Hoskins, Revell, Bunney, Cornell, McWilliams.

This means that Moloney and Buchs will not even make the squad. Barnett or Bridge could be in there, but not sure who I would drop from the subs. Maybe Ariyibi as he as only just come in, we certainly need a goalie, defender and striker in the mix so would have to be a shift in the midfielders to me.

So looking forward to this game, a big crowd and hopefully a big atmosphere to give the boys a lift.

I'm guessing like most that the "Twitter Wars" going on with Buchs and his Mrs indicates he will be missing out. I feel sorry for him, but if he has chosen to stay and wait for a payoff/run his contract down instead of moving on (fully entitled to do and I understand) after JFH said he wasn't in his plans, be a bit more professional about it than getting your Mrs to put sniping posts on social media. Could be totally wrong about that though.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2018, 11:37:12 am »

Foley is not a left sided player/winger....he's done a decent job but ONLY as we've had no other options until now...he won't start imo

Also, if he sticks with the same back 4 and starts Bunney on the bench, then I don't think Buchs will even make the bench today...
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2018, 11:41:36 am »

Agree about Foley which is harsh on him given that he has done a good job playing out of position.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: