The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:28:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

MK Donkeys Home 20 Jan 18

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MK Donkeys Home 20 Jan 18  (Read 21495 times)
EssTeeFree

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2018, 12:17:38 pm »

Not particularly yours but I don’t enjoy all this vilification of MK! I just prefer to beat them anytime we play them! All this spite and gloating is not for me. Not so long ago we were up the creek...how would we feel under
Similar circumstances?

But they're not like every other club. They not only stole a club from it's community but also acted like they were doing them a favour in doing so. As AFC have very neatly shown in the time since MK could have formed a new club (or even took over the now defunct MK City) and built them up to be a league club. Personally I hope they go to the wall and there is not a single other club I would say that about.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2018, 12:24:04 pm »

How long do you think they will last losing that annually? You have no idea how much they are in the shyte. You're looking at Nene Park on a much grander scale..

Not sure about that. As much as I want them to fail I think we're a miles way away from that as yet.

Nene Park was essentially just a football ground & some training pitches in the middle of nowhere.

MK's stadium contains a highly successful Doubletree hotel, which constantly runs at over 95% occupancy. It's also hugely popular for meetings & functions. The Inter MK consortium is also propped up with the MK:One, Odeon, ASDA & IKEA commercial property deals, along with numerous food outlets around the stadium. So whilst the £3m loss on the football side might be ugly, I don't think it represents a major problem for them because of all the above income streams.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #302 on: January 29, 2018, 12:33:45 pm »

Must admit I did pop on their forum the other week to ask if the stadium was a White Elephant?

Not impressed by me.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 29, 2018, 12:57:54 pm »

Nearly any other club in the country that entered financial difficulty would be rallied around from the 'football family'. Look at Hartlepool's current plight for examples. MK (in my opinion) wouldn't have as much of this goodwill so it is not only some / most Cobblers fans that have this attitude towards them.

The only club in the country I want to disappear. The origins of their formation has no place in the English leagues and no amount of time will change my views on that. The sooner they disappear the better.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2018, 12:58:58 pm »

The Saints have stopped playing their yearly game at stad:mk as the supporters dont like going there.
So wont be going back only for a neutral ground in the rugby european cup.
If only mkdons had the foresight to built a tiny little stadium😂😂 behave yourselves, we are literally light years behind them
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2018, 12:59:50 pm »

If the Saints want to compete with Wasps, Leicester etc they will be hampered in that Franklins Gardens can not be built any higher because of planning restrictions. So whilst in the past month they have had two poor gates if the want 25K crowds and a budget to compete they will have to move!

MK Stadium or Sixfields expanded??
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2018, 13:02:35 pm »

The Saints have stopped playing their yearly game at stad:mk as the supporters dont like going there.
If only mkdons had the foresight to built a tiny little stadium😂😂 behave yourselves, we are literally light years behind them

I don't understand how they aren't in the Premier league though as they have a nice shiny new ground, big capacity for ticket incentives / freebies, and a large away section and corporate facilities. If only we had the same we could be in MK's position in the league ...................... oh wait a minute  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #307 on: January 29, 2018, 14:47:53 pm »

Not sure about that. As much as I want them to fail I think we're a miles way away from that as yet.

Nene Park was essentially just a football ground & some training pitches in the middle of nowhere.

MK's stadium contains a highly successful Doubletree hotel, which constantly runs at over 95% occupancy. It's also hugely popular for meetings & functions. The Inter MK consortium is also propped up with the MK:One, Odeon, ASDA & IKEA commercial property deals, along with numerous food outlets around the stadium. So whilst the £3m loss on the football side might be ugly, I don't think it represents a major problem for them because of all the above income streams.

I did try to put this point across earlier but not quite as succinct. Essential securities and additional revenue streams seems to be dismissed at will here, conveniently lumped into the absurd cost of football.

If they had brought MK City through the pyramids it would be a different story.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #308 on: January 29, 2018, 15:46:19 pm »

we are literally light years behind them

......well we questioned your business acumen & I'm afraid your physics also leaves a lot to be desired  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2018, 16:36:53 pm »

We are 20th and not in the relegation zone
They 21st and in the relegation zone
We don't
So, once again, i don't know what you're talking about
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2018, 17:34:55 pm »

I don't understand how they aren't in the Premier league though as they have a nice shiny new ground, big capacity for ticket incentives / freebies, and a large away section and corporate facilities. If only we had the same we could be in MK's position in the league ...................... oh wait a minute  Grin

Despite all the commercial side (and I was at Arena MK for a sold out Masters Darts tournament) they/Winkleman has failed to invest in the playing side.

They're still a league 1 team with a mix of permanent, youngster and loan players....just like us.

Commercial revenue and income HAS to go hand in hand with investment on the pitch....or whats the point??

Winklemans statement that they made a 3 million pound loss last year is very misleading. That is for the whole Inter MK Group.....where on a turnover of £27 million their operating costs were £30 million.....so yes, a 3m loss for the whole group on paper....but what proportion of that £27m is football club related? To put it into context I believe NTFC's turnover for the year was around £4m

The turnover for Inter MK also increased from 18m in 2014 to 27m in 2015, so that's a healthy 50% increase year on year. Their balance sheet shows that they made over £5m on player disposals (sales) in 2014, but only £775k in 2015.
Their balance sheet also shows that they have tangible assets of over £107 million pounds. Ours shows assets of £2.4 million.

Its very hard to feel sorry for them isn't it?!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2018, 07:37:16 am »

I haven't looked into their finances in that way, quite interesting to see all the different revenue streams like that, it does show that we have a long way to go to increase our revenue.

One thing I gleaned from your information is that they might aswell just get rid of the football club and stick to all the other ventures  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2018, 08:32:14 am »

Who in their right mind in MK would follow them when you can be in London in 40 mins?
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2018, 09:41:12 am »

I haven't looked into their finances in that way, quite interesting to see all the different revenue streams like that, it does show that we have a long way to go to increase our revenue.

One thing I gleaned from your information is that they might aswell just get rid of the football club and stick to all the other ventures  Grin

Don't get over impressed with the MK figures - as an old sage advised me very early in my business life - "Revenue is vanity, Profit is reality" or put another way businesses live and die on profit (and cash flow).
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2018, 11:20:25 am »

We are 20th and not in the relegation zone
They 21st and in the relegation zone
We don't
So, once again, i don't know what you're talking about
I have decided to stop this debate with Beds. Bizarrely for some reason it started to feel the same as if I were to tell my youngest that Santa didn’t exist, and the guilt started to eat away at me. Better to pat them on the head and tell them all will be well next year. Say what you like about Beds though, he seems to love and care about the club as much as life itself so I can’t bring myself to moan at him anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2018, 12:52:26 pm »

I have decided to stop this debate with Beds. Bizarrely for some reason it started to feel the same as if I were to tell my youngest that Santa didn’t exist, and the guilt started to eat away at me. Better to pat them on the head and tell them all will be well next year. Say what you like about Beds though, he seems to love and care about the club as much as life itself so I can’t bring myself to moan at him anymore.

Really? I get the impression he despises everything about the club.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2018, 20:21:34 pm »

Who in their right mind in MK would follow them when you can be in London in 40 mins?
maybe the ones that want to support their local club
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 30, 2018, 20:48:08 pm »

Really? I get the impression he despises everything about the club.
Especially the Chairman! What a prick Beds is!
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 30, 2018, 20:51:10 pm »

The clue is in their name of Mk M*ngs! (Just to keep the Police Constable brigade happy).
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #319 on: January 31, 2018, 11:18:47 am »

I agree but I think it is slightly curious he is so silent on any actual good news - or perhaps the recent signings in his mind are not good news (increasing our wage bill, debt, misery and the end of the world etc etc etc)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: