The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:18:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Welcome Joe Bunney

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Joe Bunney  (Read 5760 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2018, 20:22:29 pm »

But we don't play an attacking game so he's knackered!!

That's exactly the problem he and we have, plus the fact he was played as a wing back mostly at Rochdale allowing him to get forward more.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2018, 10:20:37 am »

About time you actually watched the game. Bunney made several good tackles second half and he won a couple of good headers. Bit it of a luxury at times!
Yet more tripe .
He looks like he has won a reality show competition to play in a football match .
That wasn’t a one off yesterday , he has played that badly in the last two home games and against Sc***horpe .
Proper rubbish
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2018, 10:51:44 am »

Bunney did make a couple of tackles in the second half, but missed dozens throughout the game and his positional play was awful. He looks OK going forward but we can't carry a non defensive fullback. We payed money for him and presumably was well scouted so he must be a decent player, I just hope he hits some form soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2018, 11:11:57 am »

About time you actually watched the game. Bunney made several good tackles second half and he won a couple of good headers. Bit it of a luxury at times!

I agree he was better second half, but he did not win (or even put in) a single tackle in the first half and was beaten time and again with great ease. Against a better side that would have cost us severely. He does offer us something in attack, but should not start as a defender in my opinion until he has improved that aspect of his game. Buchannan is not the player he was a couple of years ago, but is still a long way ahead of Bunney defensively. As far as I know we don't have any other options at left back, as George Smith was sold.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2018, 11:31:22 am »

I think in the long term Bunney could prove a useful player for us in a wing-back role, but there's no doubt he's in a poor run of form at the moment. Similarly to Buchs though, I don't think he's being given a great deal of protection in front of him.

If JFH is insistent on playing Bunney I would rather see him at left wing, with Turnbull at LB - it worked very well away at Blackburn.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2018, 17:31:24 pm »

As far as I know we don't have any other options at left back, as George Smith was sold.

That's looking like another poor decision right now.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2018, 18:53:14 pm »

Bunny was brought in to play in a 3 5 2. Just not really happened yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2018, 18:58:37 pm »

Played like he had Myxamatosis yesterday
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2018, 06:28:21 am »

It was the 74th minute when Bunney won his first tackle, closely followed by a second one.

How many crosses did he stop?
How many times did he get caught out of position?

I'm really not a Buchs fan at all but at the moment Bunney is just pur s*** and will cost us goals.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2018, 06:46:01 am »

Played like he had Myxamatosis yesterday
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Parklands Cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2018, 07:16:15 am »

Have to agree with most that Bunney has been very poor.
A left back is there to be able to defend above anything else and this appears to be beyond him at present.
He may well be a good attacking player but even this has disappeared after his debut.
Time for JFH to take him out the firing line for a while and bring back Buchanan who must be chomping at the bit after being ignored by Hasselbank.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2018, 08:20:33 am »

I think in the long term Bunney could prove a useful player for us in a wing-back role, but there's no doubt he's in a poor run of form at the moment. Similarly to Buchs though, I don't think he's being given a great deal of protection in front of him.

If JFH is insistent on playing Bunney I would rather see him at left wing, with Turnbull at LB - it worked very well away at Blackburn.

I thought Aryibi was doing a tremendous job of both going forward and providing cover for Bunney who was clearly our weakest link and has been for a number of games now. That was my biggest concern with replacing Aryibi with Hilda - hilda will never do the defensive duties like Aryibi was.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2018, 08:40:21 am »

This was not the only match in which Bunney has been shocking . Rochdale , Gillingham and Sc***horpe were as bad if not worst.
At least Turnbull had a better game against oxford because he has also been terrible .
Unless we are going to play 3 5 2 I don’t see why Bunney should play .
He is simply incapable of stopping crosses.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2018, 08:46:21 am »

As far as I know we don't have any other options at left back, as George Smith was sold.

Hanley....
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2018, 08:52:14 am »

Hanley....

I had literally forgotten that he existed.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2018, 08:54:30 am »

This was not the only match in which Bunney has been shocking . Rochdale , Gillingham and Sc***horpe were as bad if not worst.
At least Turnbull had a better game against oxford because he has also been terrible .
Unless we are going to play 3 5 2 I don’t see why Bunney should play .
He is simply incapable of stopping crosses.

Turnbull was ok at Skunny! Bunney not as bad as you make out at  Skinny! You don’t like the Cobblers at all do you?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2018, 09:07:40 am »

They were both poor against Sc***horpe , Bunney was given the complete run around by Holmes .
I say it as it is . Lots of players and performances get praise from me .
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2018, 09:13:04 am »

I had literally forgotten that he existed.

Football is a game for progression and comparisons.

Bunney is 10x the player of Hanley and 20x the player of a previous LB I can think off by the name of Ashley Corker (signed cause he was mates with John Johnson)
Perspective. When we were down in the dullards of L2. I'd dream of having players like Bunney.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2018, 12:26:19 pm »

Attacking full back and an excellent crosser of the ball? Sounds very exciting and look forward to seeing him play.

Can't argue with that.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2018, 15:10:04 pm »

Bunney is a tall player....but very rarely if ever goes up to try and win the opponents long punts forward. There were two or three occasions on Saturday where he watched the ball drift over his head, and then he tries to set himself to make the challenge once the opponent has picked the ball up......
He needs to try and stop those balls in the first place......not leave them and then get skinned!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: