The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 06:08:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wimbledon (a)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbledon (a)  (Read 13032 times)
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2018, 17:37:21 pm »

Thought JFH got team selection spot on today. Both Powell and Hoskins had cracking games. Fully deserved win
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2018, 17:56:06 pm »

Thought JFH got team selection spot on today. Both Powell and Hoskins had cracking games. Fully deserved win
Yes he did, there were many on here and I'm sure at the ground thinking WTF..
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 18:01:35 pm by Dr Feelgood » Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest3114

« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2018, 18:33:37 pm »

Stunning result, missed the build up as I went to the 20/20 debacle at the MCG, saw the line up and figured I was in for the day from hell. Following my plea for 5 at the back against Rochdale I can safely add punditry to the list of things I can’t do.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2018, 18:37:20 pm »

Well done Jimmy and the boys great result, now we need to back it up on TUESDAY.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2018, 18:38:31 pm »

Totally agree, although it wasn't what I would have chosen!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2018, 19:19:23 pm »

Very comfortable away win. Even when they equalised I was pretty comfortable that we'd come away with at least a point.

We looked like a far better team than them when we were able to get it down and play. Suspect they're in for a tough run in.
Report Spam   Logged
GroundhoppingFC

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2018, 19:27:17 pm »

Well played Cobblers, as a neutral I felt that you deserved the win.

If you couldn't make the game today, or want a recap on a brilliant win, check out my Groundhopping video which contains all 4 goals:

Tell me what you think! I'm also going to the match on Tuesday, so hopefully you play as well as this next time!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2018, 19:42:30 pm »

Totally agree, well done jfh
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2018, 19:52:30 pm »

Did BM do enough to keep his place for Tuesday?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2018, 20:03:28 pm »

Well played Cobblers, as a neutral I felt that you deserved the win.
Good job, done well. Theres some good shots in your video.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2018, 20:05:15 pm »

Great result and a massive win. Saw the highlights and JJOT looked absolutely immense while Crooks looked like the player we were so excited to sign.

Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
coboz

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2018, 20:47:03 pm »

Enjoyed the video. Well done.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2018, 20:51:59 pm »

Also enjoyed that video, thanks for sharing it. The two count attack goals in the second half were both excellent.

Me and my group had to settle with the uncovered part of the terrace, and ironically had the best view at Kinsmeadow that we've ever had  Grin today was a bloody great performance.

Crooks and JJOT  particular were both immense. And credit to both Grimes and Hoskins. I've criticised both on several occasions but they were both brilliant.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2018, 20:55:44 pm »

Very decent win.

Back four looked solid throughout, which is a testament to JFH's coaching given that three of them (including the keeper) are new signings.

We struggled to keep possession at times, but Crooks grew in influence as the game wore on and made some good driving runs. Grimes had some neat and tidy moments without really imposing himself. I still wonder whether we'd look better with McWilliams in the engine room as a proper defensive midfielder to give the others a platform to play.

Hoskins and Powell certainly justified their selection today. Sammy's work rate was excellent and Powell's finish was coolness and composure personified. Would still like both of them to get more crosses in if we're going with a proper 4-4-1-1, but I think that both should keep their place over Ariyibi and Perreia due to their superior defensive discipline.

Van Veen made some clever runs, but it will take time for our midfielders to get on his wavelength. He looks to be the kind of striker who plays on the shoulder of the last defender and thrives on through balls. Time will tell, but he put himself about and did a fairly decent job for the team.

AFCW looked poor. Surprised to see that their fans want rid of Ardley, though - surely they're still over-achieving relative to their budget?

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2018, 21:06:46 pm »

Cant be easy to broadcast a game when the away side are winning, but yes decent views and thanks for putting it on here.
Well done Frank you did well!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2018, 21:53:34 pm »

Well we defended well, but Wimbledon were clueless at times. Playing into that drizzle and wind first half was not pleasant. Hoskins played very well. Powell he did score the vital 3rd goal and he slotted into defensive duties well. Cant quite bring myself to say he had a cracking game; to me he seems to have lost some of his pace and really should have roasted their full back more than he did. Will he play on Tuesday? Perhaps JFH may want a more offensive player. We were slightly lucky to be ahead first half as Wimbledon missed at least one decent chance; should have been buried. The second half after they scored was fearing the worst as we lost control of midfield giving the ball away losing tackles. Then we got back into the game thanks to Grimes, JJOT and Crooks who led a couple of decent charges up field causing havoc . JJOT now in his element making the second and passing an unselfish pass out to Powell who slotted home.  It was not a classic game; Wimbledon and the weather saw  to that. I was not impressed with their goalie who should have done better with the third goal(imo!).  It was in truth a gritty win carved out by the side against a truly hoof ball side. We need to beat some one decent before we can be more confident of safety.
The support did well in inhospitable conditions plenty of fanatical support especially by the knot of supporters out in the open and near to away stand which incidentally had quite a few vacant seats. Strange that.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 22:13:04 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2018, 06:56:12 am »

Hopefully now Jimmy will stick with the formation that suits us so well. As yesterday showed, even players a little out of form or being questioned after last week's debacle can slot in and be effective. Man for man our squad is now of top 10 quality... set them up properly and they will win more than they lose - as shown in recent weeks.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2018, 08:05:57 am »

A massive improvement on last week.

Slightly baffling selection (for me and a lot of others at least) of Powell/Hoskins out wide showed JFH knows his players, and in the 4-4-1-1 formation we looked comfortable again.

I thought the first half was pretty awful, the weather and prima donna ref certainly didn't help matters but we showed signs of being effective on the counter attack. Van Veen has good movement, once everyone knows where he is going will be a huge asset for us.

JJOT was so lucky to get the pen, and Crooks was lucky to still be on the pitch by half-time. Once they got there goal in the first few minutes of the second half, we did well to soak up a fifteen minute or so spell of pressure without conceding. We looked reasonably solid although but could not get hold of or keep hold of the ball and they did have chances.

Once the second goal went in, we looked a different team. Crooks took the game by the scruff of the neck and showed why we paid good money to bring him here. Hopefully we can see more of that version of him. Powell and Hoskins worked hard as well as looking to get forward, such a calm finish from Powell for the goal.

Overall, I felt happy enough (and cold and wet) when I left. Getting the three points was the most important thing and luckily results around us went okay. Still need something on Tuesday, that will be a much tougher game.
Report Spam   Logged
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2018, 10:07:56 am »

Such an important win after the Rochdale fiasco. Let's hope everyone can keep it going into the Gills match. Nice homemade video above - interesting perspective.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2018, 10:16:34 am »

Very comfortable away win. Even when they equalised I was pretty comfortable that we'd come away with at least a point.

We looked like a far better team than them when we were able to get it down and play. Suspect they're in for a tough run in.

Love it nerves of steel man!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: