The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:23:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wimbledon (a)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbledon (a)  (Read 13022 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2018, 09:09:40 am »

I feel Everbrite buys a newspaper every morning to figure out what day of the week it is.

?.....does it matter tho. My fourth wife always reminds me in any case.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2677

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2018, 09:49:48 am »

Agreed. Regularly we read that those listening on RN abuse or praise players based on what they are listening to, sometimes these are found to be diametrically opposed to the opinions of those who attended and begin contributing, once in a position to do so.  It's almost as if they have listened or watched a totally different match. 
(But then again, sometimes those who have attended also give the impression that they have turned up at the wrong ground and watched a completely different game!!)
Got to say when in my car and exiting from Sixfields I feel TO generally gives a balanced opinion of the afternoons events. He gets things wrong (or at least I disagree with him) at times, but more often than not I think he calls it accurately. With that in mind, if I'm listening in to an away game I have reasonable faith in his version of events, but would I hold those opinions as mine? No!
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2018, 10:10:33 am »

On a side note. Does anyone else feel really bored about following the Cobblers on the back of a dull 1-0 loss to one of the 'easiest' games in the league.

And then Friday comes about, and all the hope and anticipation returns?! I'm certain we'll win tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2018, 10:38:41 am »

I see no reason why we should be any more hoof ball with VV up front as opposed to Long .
If he plays VV and Long , he would have to drop JJOT unless VV played wide .

Yeah, let's drop JJOT who has just won the League One Player of the Month, is no doubt full of confidence and fired up for Saturday. With ROD he should be the first name on the team sheet no matter what formation we play. You only have to check out the number of points we have gained when JJOT plays in the team as opposed to when he doesn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2018, 10:41:53 am »

Yeah, let's drop JJOT who has just won the League One Player of the Month, is no doubt full of confidence and fired up for Saturday. With ROD he should be the first name on the team sheet no matter what formation we play. You only have to check out the number of points we have gained when JJOT plays in the team as opposed to when he doesn't.

He never suggested dropping O'Toole. He said if you want Long and KvV up top, you'll need to drop O'Toole (whether that is dropping him from the team, or dropping him back into a more defensive midfielder).
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2018, 11:09:09 am »

On a side note. Does anyone else feel really bored about following the Cobblers on the back of a dull 1-0 loss to one of the 'easiest' games in the league.

And then Friday comes about, and all the hope and anticipation returns?! I'm certain we'll win tomorrow.

Sincerely hope you are right
Report Spam   Logged

The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2018, 15:21:50 pm »

A good example of this is Rauldinho a page or two back. He goes to more away games than I do!

No proof of this.....

Hope we get to see McWilliams again tomorrow, his opportunities have been limited as of late (even from the bench).

Definitely no Facey from the sound of things, so he stands a fighting chance.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2018, 18:13:15 pm »

SOLD OUT - No pay on the gate.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2018, 18:57:38 pm »

Home end then
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2018, 19:09:18 pm »

Are you from Saudi by any chance?
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2018, 19:30:07 pm »

Your 4th wife named Kevin.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2018, 20:36:32 pm »

Your 4th wife named Kevin.

Lost me there Aristotle - are you able to clarify?
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2018, 21:55:49 pm »

Shocked
I am genuinely hoping that, it is just divorce that has led to this. If this is the case, then you must have a massive pension plan.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2934

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2018, 05:45:57 am »

Grin Fair play!

Do you have a nice patio?
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2018, 07:35:45 am »

He never suggested dropping O'Toole. He said if you want Long and KvV up top, you'll need to drop O'Toole (whether that is dropping him from the team, or dropping him back into a more defensive midfielder).
Good point, Wolvo. Bit of an ambiguous posting originally then. I read it as your former suggestion.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2018, 10:00:13 am »

A lot of egg shaped people on my train, both of the English and Welsh persuasion...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2018, 10:17:04 am »

Big day for JFH today.

Lets forget the shambes of last Saturday and stick with what we know.

I think he will go with something like this:

RO'D

Brendan  Poole  Taylor   Turnbull

Ariyibi    JJOT    Grimes    Bunney

KVV
                 Long

Turnbull at left back has been his preference the last 2 away games.

Now we have KVV it seems the right time to get JJOT back into the middle... on his day everything goes through Grimes, so Crooks should make way for me.

Perreira showed last week that he is an impact substitute... on the wing Jimmy, not as a wing back!

Poor Sam Foley who played left wing, right wing back and in behind the stiker at times last week may miss out.. although if JFH sticks with Turnbull at centre back and Bunney at left back, Foley may remain on the left, covering Bunney.

On the right wing i'd give Ariyibi a start... he looks decent when he gets out wide.... not when he plays down the middle of the park! I also think Hoskins is fully deserving and in need of a break... he was well out of form in January.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2018, 11:18:33 am »

No proof of this.....

So where are you and Glastonbury seated today?

#nice&polite
Report Spam   Logged

The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2018, 12:33:07 pm »

So where are you and Glastonbury seated today?
#nice&polite

Nando's at the minute, why?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2018, 12:52:11 pm »

And not seated.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print