The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 11:47:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wimbledon (a)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbledon (a)  (Read 13059 times)
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2018, 21:40:58 pm »

A bad defeat for them tonight at bottom club Bury may harm their confidence. It's another six-pointer on Satdee. I hope we're up for a battle.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2018, 07:11:59 am »

Wimbledon losing to Bury will make no difference to us at all if we play like we did on Saturday .
It’s all about us and who turns up .
As for Facey playing - no chance .
If you even slightly tweak a hamstring you are not ready a week later . You are probably not ready two weeks later either .
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 07:26:16 am »

If Moloney isn't fit, hopefully JFH will do what he should have done on Saturday and put McWilliams at RB.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2018, 07:29:14 am »

Facey should be rested until fully fit, McWilliams will do just fine at right back.

O'Donnell

McWilliams Taylor Turnbull Bunney

Ariyibi   JJOT    Grimes      Foley

Van Veen  Long

Simple 4-4-2 away from home, bit of pace and trickery with Ariyibi on McWilliams side and Foley covering the more adventurous Bunney on the other side.

Plenty of options from the bench, didn't want to leave Crooks out but if JJ is fit then he needs to be back in the midfield now we have Van Veen.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2018, 07:36:43 am »

I'd go with Sam Hoskins instead of Ariyibi with the latter available to replace him from the bench after 60-65.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2018, 09:02:04 am »

I'd go with Sam Hoskins instead of Ariyibi with the latter available to replace him from the bench after 60-65.

Would not be against that, think Sammie has done well lately and was unlucky to be replaced by Berto at the weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2018, 09:32:49 am »

Facey should be rested until fully fit, McWilliams will do just fine at right back.

O'Donnell

McWilliams Taylor Turnbull Bunney

Ariyibi   JJOT    Grimes      Foley

Van Veen  Long

Simple 4-4-2 away from home, bit of pace and trickery with Ariyibi on McWilliams side and Foley covering the more adventurous Bunney on the other side.

Plenty of options from the bench, didn't want to leave Crooks out but if JJ is fit then he needs to be back in the midfield now we have Van Veen.

I think that's exactly how I'd play it... and on paper, that is a really good/balanced side.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2018, 12:03:44 pm »

I think that's exactly how I'd play it... and on paper, that is a really good/balanced side.

Will you selection experts go to the game on Saturday to see if your preferred team does ok? Mind you the above team selections look fine!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2018, 12:42:50 pm »

So do I.

But the team Jimmy picked on Saturday was too a man the team Id have picked!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2018, 13:18:13 pm »

Can't see us playing two up front away from home. Jimmy seems far too cautious to do this.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2018, 13:46:10 pm »

Can't see us playing two up front away from home. Jimmy seems far too cautious to do this.

Was hoping that JFH would play vL in JJOT's place with the great man dropping back to centre midfield in a 4 - 4 -2.
Here's hoping JFH reads this thread Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2018, 14:10:21 pm »

Will you selection experts go to the game on Saturday to see if your preferred team does ok? Mind you the above team selections look fine!

I'm a season ticket holder and go to away games as well, so yes............

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2018, 14:13:40 pm »

Not quite sure what your issue is with people that don't go to every game though, they are just as entitled to an opinion as you.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2018, 14:34:41 pm »

Not quite sure what your issue is with people that don't go to every game though, they are just as entitled to an opinion as you.

Hold the back page, nevers is not at it with different people on a separate thread too is he?!?!?

I think someone has issues!!!

Heaven forbid if anyone has an opinion that isn't in line with yours nevers or if they don't go to every single game!!!

😂😂😂😂

Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2018, 14:52:37 pm »

I just can't see him starting the Longmeister and VV up top.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2018, 18:25:57 pm »

You would say that! Everybody has the option to go to an away game or not. I don't for a start go to every away game! If people cant go for any reason whatsoever that's fine. So your snide comment is unwarranted. The point I made (Einstein) was a query only just curious that's all.
Incidentally I think somebody has hijacked your last message and added to it; grossly adding manic opinions to it. Disgraceful.
Report Spam   Logged

The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2018, 19:11:07 pm »

You would say that! Everybody has the option to go to an away game or not. I don't for a start go to every away game! If people cant go for any reason whatsoever that's fine. So your snide comment is unwarranted. The point I made (Einstein) was a query only just curious that's all.
Incidentally I think somebody has hijacked your last message and added to it; grossly adding manic opinions to it. Disgraceful.

Would you reply the same to somebody who is not going? Or someone that might only be able to make a few games a season, or follows online/through radio? It makes no difference, the idea is that we all are Cobblers fans.

Get the idea out of your head that going to a raft of games makes your opinion any more valid than anyone elses. It doesn't. Be gracious if people don't have the same opinion as you.

On pretty much every thread you post on, you make reference to the fact that you are going to a game and other people might not be. It's not a snide comment, just a home truth.

Make of that what you will.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2018, 19:55:06 pm »

Would you reply the same to somebody who is not going? Or someone that might only be able to make a few games a season, or follows online/through radio? It makes no difference, the idea is that we all are Cobblers fans.

Get the idea out of your head that going to a raft of games makes your opinion any more valid than anyone elses. It doesn't. Be gracious if people don't have the same opinion as you.

On pretty much every thread you post on, you make reference to the fact that you are going to a game and other people might not be. It's not a snide comment, just a home truth.

Make of that what you will.

Please show me an example this season where I have actually criticized somebody for not going - happy to apologize. What you don't get is that I don't go to every away game and have made that known on here. If I don't go to an away game I am naturally reticent to voice a comment on the game.   All I asked is "do the selection experts go to a game (an away one in this case) to see how their preferred choice perform" all they had to do was say yes or no! You decided to manipulate a simple answer to suit your argument; personally I thought your team selection was fine. Its a pity you decided to make it an issue - if the hat fits so be it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 20:08:35 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2018, 19:59:36 pm »

At least try and keep it to football
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile