The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:26:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wimbledon (a)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbledon (a)  (Read 13027 times)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2018, 06:38:13 am »

I just can't see him starting the Longmeister and VV up top.

Maybe Van Veen can play just behind and cause a bit of havoc like JJOT has been?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2018, 07:12:37 am »

Please show me an example this season where I have actually criticized somebody for not going - happy to apologize.
Quote from: Glastonbury Cobbler on February 05, 2018, 21:43:32 pm
Rochdale were below average no better. We made them look good. Fair play to Keith hill tho, the way he shackled jj went a long way to winning them the game

To come up with that opinion seems to suggest that again you were not there?

Quote from: Razor on February 05, 2018, 16:46:08 pm
It's not one poor game in five that's the problem though is it?
I've been unconvinced by JFH since the beginning. He's got the biggest budget of any Cobblers manager in my lifetime and we're still sh*te. Tactically he's VERY hit and miss and Saturday merely served to illustrate what poor decision making he possesses.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt before the transfer window but he's been backed by the board and now it's time to deliver.
So you didnt see Blackburn , MK , Southend and Bradford games then ?

Quote from: Glastonbury Cobbler on January 10, 2018, 18:40:10 pm
Very poor reviews of the lad of the coventry fans site, I will wait to see him before making judgement, but it's not encouraging

You haven't been to the last 6 games or more.

Not direct "criticism" but certainly using it to imply that your opinion is better than someone else's.

Anyway, lets stick to the football.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2018, 08:08:23 am »

I see Jimmy has stated that we will add energy to the side this weekend .
I think he will play McWilliams in midfield with Moloney right back .
Van Veen up front and rest either Long or JJOT .
Hilda may not be in the squad and replaced by Powell .
Changes are needed and no one can complain at being dropped after last week’s showing .
My team would be

O’Donnell

Moloney.   Taylor.  Turnbull.    Bunney

Ariyibi      Grimes.   McWilliams.     Foley.

JJOT

Van Veen

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2018, 11:08:06 am »

Rochdale were below average no better. We made them look good. Fair play to Keith hill tho, the way he shackled jj went a long way to winning them the game

I've been unconvinced by JFH since the beginning. He's got the biggest budget of any Cobblers manager in my lifetime and we're still sh*te. Tactically he's VERY hit and miss and Saturday merely served to illustrate what poor decision making he possesses.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt before the transfer window but he's been backed by the board and now it's time to deliver.

Very poor reviews of the lad of the coventry fans site, I will wait to see him before making judgement, but it's not encouraging

Not direct "criticism" but certainly using it to imply that your opinion is better than someone else's.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2018, 11:41:23 am »

Less than 100 tickets remain, going to be tight...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 11:51:58 am »

I see Jimmy has stated that we will add energy to the side this weekend .
I think he will play McWilliams in midfield with Moloney right back .
Van Veen up front and rest either Long or JJOT .
Hilda may not be in the squad and replaced by Powell .
Changes are needed and no one can complain at being dropped after last week’s showing .
My team would be

O’Donnell

JJOT

Van Veen

I do quite like the look of this, JFH is right extra energy required and Mcwilliams gives us that. It maybe time for Long to have a rest too.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2018, 16:16:33 pm »

O’Donnell

JJOT

Van Veen        

Is Van Veen as mobile as Long? Only problem I could seew with this is we end up a bit slow and "hoofbally" like we were with Rico/Revs up top. Suppose it could work if Bunney/Foley and Moloney/Ariyibi offer support quickly out wide for them.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2018, 17:14:39 pm »

Is Van Veen as mobile as Long? Only problem I could seew with this is we end up a bit slow and "hoofbally" like we were with Rico/Revs up top. Suppose it could work if Bunney/Foley and Moloney/Ariyibi offer support quickly out wide for them.

I see no reason why we should be any more hoof ball with VV up front as opposed to Long .
If he plays VV and Long , he would have to drop JJOT unless VV played wide .
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2018, 19:31:06 pm »

So a person who hasn't watched a movie's opinion is as valid as one who has?

Don't be so ridiculous eh!
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2018, 20:15:43 pm »

What about if he read the book? Or listened to an audiobook version?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2018, 20:42:51 pm »

What about if he read the book? Or listened to an audiobook version?  Grin

Very often the book is actually better than the movie 😉😂😂😂😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2018, 20:52:43 pm »

Ffs opinions differ even if you were there!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2018, 21:54:42 pm »

Always been the same!

ps I find your personalized picture unnerving Wink
Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2018, 06:44:08 am »

I try to avoid commenting on individual performances where I can on account of never being there, although my temper does get the better of me on occasion. Therefore I do have some sympathy with my fellow non attendees. In my case I put it down to staying up till 4am in an alcohol induced haze. Although baring in mind pre match I also advocated 5 at the back against Rochdale, I appear to not know what I’m on about before the game whilst stone cold sober either?
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2018, 07:18:59 am »

Sorry if already mentioned - England v Wales at Twickenham 16.45 kick off so the M25 / A3 will be very busy.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2018, 07:40:39 am »

That's the exact point though. If you are there, you are witnessing with your own eyes and coming up with your own interpretation of what you are seeing.

If you watch on Ifollow you are still seeing the game, but only certain parts of it depending on where the camera is focused and zoomed at any given time. I have seen cameramen miss goals on many occasions.

For all those who listen on the radio, they are spoon fed one person's interpretation of what the commentaor is actually witnessing. I think therefore that radio listeners are more likely to have the same opinion as each other, because they did not interpret themselves and were simply handed an other's own interpretation.

For me i give more credit to the opinions of those that were there. It goes like this -  There in person>watched on ifollow>listened on the radio

Having said that i don't understand why evers keep calling out posters about whether they attend or not, and all opinions are valid, but for me some carry more weight than others.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2018, 07:51:32 am »

For all those who listen on the radio, they are spoon fed one person's interpretation of what the commentator is actually witnessing. I think therefore that radio listeners are more likely to have the same opinion as each other, because they did not interpret themselves and were simply handed an other's own interpretation.

Agreed. Regularly we read that those listening on RN abuse or praise players based on what they are listening to, sometimes these are found to be diametrically opposed to the opinions of those who attended and begin contributing, once in a position to do so.  It's almost as if they have listened or watched a totally different match. 
(But then again, sometimes those who have attended also give the impression that they have turned up at the wrong ground and watched a completely different game!!)
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2018, 08:49:14 am »

Facey "touch and go", Moloney is fit...
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2018, 08:53:05 am »

Having said that i don't understand why evers keep calling out posters about whether they attend or not, and all opinions are valid, but for me some carry more weight than others.

... but I don’t call people for not going ; how can I when I miss quite a few! It’s an argument introduced by some with a chip on their shoulder. A good example of this is Rauldinho a page or two back. He goes to more away games than I do!

#benicetoposters
Report Spam   Logged

Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2018, 09:02:53 am »

... but I don’t call people for not going ; how can I when I miss quite a few! It’s an argument introduced by some with a chip on their shoulder. A good example of this is Rauldinho a page or two back. He goes to more away games than I do!

#benicetoposters

I feel Everbrite buys a newspaper every morning to figure out what day of the week it is.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: