The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 08:08:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale  (Read 18708 times)
guest3114

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2018, 17:41:56 pm »

Feel like someone stamped on my nuts. Any comments on Van anyone (all be it not the best day to make your debut)?”
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2018, 17:50:15 pm »

Feel like someone stamped on my nuts. Any comments on Van anyone (all be it not the best day to make your debut)?”

Yes just one observation.  No one seems to know how to pronounce his name.  Today I've heard him called van vein, von veen, van de vein and van winkle. 
Report Spam   Logged
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2018, 17:53:36 pm »

Abysmal performance. Facey's injury a key moment - but we were crap anyway. Just passing to our own players seemed beyond anyone today.
hate singling out players, but Perreira and Long totally ineffective. Not many can look back at that with any satisfaction. O@Donnell, Foley and Taylor maybe.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2018, 17:58:49 pm »

Yes just one observation.  No one seems to know how to pronounce his name.  Today I've heard him called van vein, von veen, van de vein and van winkle. 
I called him those first three inside twenty minutes of the game.
 Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2018, 18:00:51 pm »

Not many can look back at that with any satisfaction. O@Donnell, Foley and Taylor maybe.

Didn't think Taylor played that well to be honest. Poor clearances and distribution most of the game. Only O'Donnell & Foley for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2018, 18:03:50 pm »

Shows how much we depend on JJOT. They double marked him and stopped him playing thus we didn't get going at all. Wanted someone else to step up but they were all well below par.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2018, 18:24:37 pm »

Didn't think Taylor played that well to be honest. Poor clearances and distribution most of the game. Only O'Donnell & Foley for me.

The bring-a-friend scheme seemed to extend this week to bring a clueless fùckwit as the people behind me brought someone with them who spent the entire game slagging Foley off. Was he great? No, but he put in a shift and was far from the worst performer out there today. Some of the stick he was getting from this guy was absurd; at one point a ball was played to him but ended up zipping about 10 yards ahead of his path. It was an awful pass. Foley's fault though; "He'll never get that, he's ****!"

He was even getting the blame for things he hadn't done. Late on the ball was hit long to him on the flank but was easily cut out by the defender who was between Foley and the ball. "He wouldn't have got that even if the defender wasn't there. He's ****!", apparently.

You get the drift. Completely did my head in, I was longing for Foley to score, less to give us a point and more to shut the relentlessly whinging fùcknugget up!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2018, 18:34:00 pm »

After the Bradford City game at Wembley that was the second biggest anticlimax and let down! So looking forward to it but what a pile of pooh from everyone apart from ROD.
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2018, 18:34:08 pm »

The bring-a-friend scheme seemed to extend this week to bring a clueless fùckwit as the people behind me brought someone with them who spent the entire game slagging Foley off. Was he great? No, but he put in a shift and was far from the worst performer out there today. Some of the stick he was getting from this guy was absurd; at one point a ball was played to him but ended up zipping about 10 yards ahead of his path. It was an awful pass. Foley's fault though; "He'll never get that, he's ****!"

He was even getting the blame for things he hadn't done. Late on the ball was hit long to him on the flank but was easily cut out by the defender who was between Foley and the ball. "He wouldn't have got that even if the defender wasn't there. He's ****!", apparently.

You get the drift. Completely did my head in, I was longing for Foley to score, less to give us a point and more to shut the relentlessly whinging fùcknugget up!

sums it up
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
guest2995

« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2018, 18:57:08 pm »

No one came out of that game with any credit except O’Donnell who did nothing wrong .
We were truly awful and second best all over the pitch .
The centre halves blundered , especially Turnbull who had a terrible game .
Bunney has a good first half but did zilch second half . Facey wasn’t having a good game before he left the pitch .
Crooks and Grimes need to man up in the centre at times - it cried out for McWilliams today to put it about .
Hilda needs to lose 2 stone and then show what he’s got .
Foley does nothing but huff and puff - he delays on the ball as well.
Long lost every single battle .
JJOT put himself about but was scruffy today .
JFH didn’t do enough tactically to shake it up .
And the crowd were awful - poor atmosphere.
A few need dropping after that and I’d name Crooks and Foley .
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2018, 19:02:18 pm »

No one came out of that game with any credit except O’Donnell who did nothing wrong .
We were truly awful and second best all over the pitch .
The centre halves blundered , especially Turnbull who had a terrible game .
Bunney has a good first half but did zilch second half . Facey wasn’t having a good game before he left the pitch .
Crooks and Grimes need to man up in the centre at times - it cried out for McWilliams today to put it about .
Hilda needs to lose 2 stone and then show what he’s got .
Foley does nothing but huff and puff - he delays on the ball as well.
Long lost every single battle .
JJOT put himself about but was scruffy today .
JFH didn’t do enough tactically to shake it up .
And the crowd were awful - poor atmosphere.
A few need dropping after that and I’d name Crooks and Foley .

For me, Foley was our best outfield player, 100% effort. the only one that did
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2018, 19:10:48 pm »

But sometimes effort alone is not enough. They played a high pressing game with some times as many as three players buzzing around the man on the ball. It needs a piece of outrageous skill to suddenly take three men out of the game and open the game up. But who in the current team is skillful enough.
Maybe JJOT playing in midfield but not many of the others. This was a game for our better players to step up but to a man they disappointed. Grimes, Poole and Long might be contracted to premier league clubs but there was no sign of it this afternoon, and Crooks was a major let down.

I'd look to bring back the underrated Hoskins and McWilliams to bring more energy to the team and Ariyidi to provide pace up front. Pereira was a liability today and looked well off the pace, should have been substituted after around 20 minutes when he first pulled up.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 19:25:53 pm by Joes Sweet Left Foot » Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2018, 19:13:18 pm »

Has anyone seen the pictures of JJOT sitting on the bench after being substituted?

I would get a link if I could. Basically he's sitting there with big packs of ice in both of his socks and a cut on his knee for good measure. Maybe accounts to why he wasn't as effective today.

The picture is on the match report on the NTFC website.

Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2018, 19:15:34 pm »

It was poor today and fair play to Rochdale, they totally deserved the 3 points. Only O'Donnell and Foley came out of it with any credit today, for me, all the others well below par. Hopefully this is just a blip and we are not going back to pre christmas .Does anyone else think the new players need game time to get to know their strengths, today Ariyibi wanted and did play the ball short for Long , who complained he wanted it long to chase. To me it seems like having been at other clubs earlier in the season they still play that way and are not on the same wave length, or was it just a bad day all round?      
Report Spam   Logged
Stag

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2018, 19:16:07 pm »

Foley needs to play where Grimes currents walks around.  Grimes has had enough chances and needs to be told to do one.
Report Spam   Logged
Stag

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2018, 19:16:36 pm »

Foley needs to play where Grimes currents walks around.  Grimes has had enough chances and needs to be told to do one.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2018, 19:33:52 pm »

Due to illness today was the first home game I have missed this season. Thank god it was this one. Listened on the radio and even Tim saying how poor it was tells you how bad it was. Frainy sounded bored out of his mind. Pereira was being singled out by Tim and Frainy for being out of position and not getting to grips with the formation. Was that justified? It sounded like we couldnt cope with their wingbacks and were just restricted to Grimes' free kicks. Camps sounded like he had a good game for them.  I'm not totally surprised by the result, Dale do like to keep the ball, came close to beating Millwall last week and maybe only are in their position due to having games in hand. Having said that it was their first away win this season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2018, 19:42:06 pm »

Effort is fine but that is a bare minimum .
For me Foley just doesn’t do anything memorable or influential .
Having said that , no one else did today either .
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2018, 20:15:18 pm »

Losing Facey handed them the initiative. Up until that point we looked well organised and were keeping possession well and creating chances. After Facey went off and Poole came on, having three at centre back and just Perreira on that right hand side left us ridiculously exposed because the latter has not got the positional sense or discipline to contribute anything defensively. No-one seemed to know their positional responsibilities when we went to three at the back in fairness, but we were particularly lax down the right flank. They were actively targeting our right hand side once they cottoned on to this and it was inevitable that was where their goal would come from. To his credit, JFH did recognise this (but too late to prevent the goal) and made the change that was required, but by this point we were panicking and playing hoofball, not the overlapping style that was creating chances in the first half. If Moloney had been on the bench to slot in where Facey had left off I think we'd have seen a different result. As Shoemaker said, JFH is still learning but unfortunately we do not have the luxury of time so he needs to learn quickly.

Would agree with that except for the second sentence.  We were awful from first whistle to the last.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest2995

« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2018, 20:24:19 pm »

When Facey went off , why did he go to a back 3 ?
Poole or McWilliams could have played at right back .
We weren’t great when Facey was playing but even worst when we changed to the three .
Neither Bunney nor Foley got forward as wing backs at all .
We lacked width throughout the whole game which is ironic after the amount of wide players we have just brought in .
Not JFH finest moment today .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: