The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:36:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale  (Read 18697 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2018, 20:41:48 pm »

After game/result like today you can bet yr boots this forum will attract a welter of Jonah's; except the character **ending in 'IS' had we won he wouldn't been seen for dust!
The first thing today nothing went our way. From corners to throw ins to comical clearances aided by rebounds and the goalie having to race back and clear off the line. It was not to be our day or anywhere near it. As for the players O'Donnell did well, but Taylor and Turnbull had off days as did Facey. Also JJOT had for him an ineffective day careless in possession allied with wayward passing , as for Grimes he disappeared most of the time. Felt a bit disappointed with Berto but he had no decent service and looked disgruntled whilst he was on the pitch. Long had a few decent runs first half but faded second half. Everybody else just had an off day; poor old van Leen hardly touched the ball or in fact received a pass worthy of the name. As the game went on we became leaderless; hoofball took over.
All JFH can do is get the game out of the players mind, chivvy them up. There is a big game next week and they will need to be up and ready for it. This fight for survival is now on and how they react to todays defeat is vital. The players now must believe that they have to fight and earn the right to stay in L1.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 21:28:07 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2018, 20:42:47 pm »

Bad day at the office. Never mind.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2018, 20:49:15 pm »

Abysmal performance. Facey's injury a key moment - but we were crap anyway. Just passing to our own players seemed beyond anyone today.
hate singling out players, but Perreira and Long totally ineffective. Not many can look back at that with any satisfaction. O@Donnell, Foley and Taylor maybe.
Felt sorry for Long, tried as a  lone striker. Perreira...utter garbage!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2018, 20:56:04 pm »

After game/result like today you can bet yr boots this forum will attract a welter of Jonah's; except the character **ending in 'IS' had we won he wouldn't been seen for dust!
The first thing today nothing went our way. From corners to throw ins to comical clearances aided by rebounds and the goalie having to race back and clear off the line. It was not to be our day or anywhere near it. As for the players O'Donnell did well, but Taylor and Turnbull had off days as did Facey. Also JJOT had for him an ineffective day careless in possession allied with wayward passing , as for Grimes he disappeared most of the time. Felt a bit disappointed with Berto but he had no decent service and looked disgruntled whilst he was on the pitch. Long had a few decent runs first half but faded second half. Everybody else just had an off day; poor old van Leen hardly touched the ball or in fact received a pass worthy of the name. As the game went on we became leaderless; hoofball took over.
All JFH can do is get the game out of the players mind, chivvy them up. There is a big game next week and we will need to be up and ready for it. This fight for survival is now on and how we react to todays defeat is vital. The players now must believe that they have to fight and earn the right to stay in L1.
Exactly right .
Everyone talking as though we are the Galacticos before the game but we are in a relegation fight .
You need men that stand up and show character .
There are a few shrinking violets out there that are not aggressive enough
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2018, 21:06:00 pm »

The game today was won/lost on 2 points.

Firstly jimmys tactical ineptness at not replacing facey with an adequate full back. This cost us the goal in the end, anyone with any ounce of gumption would have slotted Mcwilliams or Poole in rather than expose helder time and time again.

Then the polar opposite hill's nouse and gumption that totally snuffed out jj ot as any sort of threat at all.

Jimmy has been exposed a number of times now, I hope he is learning and there are 4 worse teams than us in this league.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 21:18:33 pm by Glastonbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2018, 21:41:38 pm »

.....................Perreira...utter garbage!

Not sure if that is quite correct and seems abit OTT. I have difficulty recalling if Berto actually received a decent pass all the time he was on the pitch. He ended up looking lost and very disinterested so he was subbed. There is definitely a player there and with patience and encouragement he will score some outrageous goals/winners.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 22:33:42 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest2677

« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2018, 22:29:32 pm »

Foley needs to play where Grimes currents walks around.  Grimes has had enough chances and needs to be told to do one.
I wouldn't disagree with you on that one either. No where near as good as he thinks he is.
And if not McWilliams or Poole, what about putting a recognised fullback on when Facey went off, Buchannon.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2018, 22:32:20 pm »

Jimmy has been exposed a number of times now.

This just about sums you up ; you clearly have a vendetta against JFH. We are not in position to sack JFH and quite frankly we as a club have to sink or swim with him. It is all very well making opportunistic anti JFH comments on the forum but what is your justification for continuing in such a the manner for so long. Fair criticism is perhaps your right but you overdo it - vendetta seems to be your mission.
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2018, 22:46:11 pm »

This just about sums you up ; you clearly have a vendetta against JFH. We are not in position to sack JFH and quite frankly we as a club have to sink or swim with him. It is all very well making opportunistic anti JFH comments on the forum but what is your justification for continuing in such a the manner for so long. Fair criticism is perhaps your right but you overdo it - vendetta seems to be your mission.

As I've said before nevers I don't have a vendetta against anyone. I call it how I see it and jimmy got it horribly wrong today, he was exposed for being tactically naive and it's not the first time it's happened.

Equally I will praise him when he gets it right, which I did last weekend.

I think your more the one with an issue!!!

I do agree there is no point in getting rid now and nor should we. Jimmys target when he took over wad to keep us in this league and that's still the case.

If he manages to do it, he should be applauded as it will be a job well done.

If not he will be sacked, again this would be justified given the funds his had to spend and this basis this is now his team.

I just hope that there are 4 worse teams than us in this league come May. Time will tell on all of the above.

Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2018, 22:48:54 pm »

You also said I had a vendetta against hoskins last week!

Make your mind up!!!!

I just have a different opinion to you on thing and you are so narrow minded you don't like that people has opinions different to you!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2018, 23:25:54 pm »

You also said I had a vendetta against hoskins last week!

Make your mind up!!!!

I just have a different opinion to you on thing and you are so narrow minded you don't like that people has opinions different to you!

I agree with some of the points you make in yr earlier message but the constant criticism of JFH and Hoskins is repetitive and opportunistic. The way you come across on the latter amounts to a "vendetta' - give the two in question a break, better still your support.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2539

« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2018, 06:10:52 am »

My main concern is our midfield, which is so inconsistant and does not provide cover infront of the two centre halves. I would play Poole,Foley or McWilliams as the holding midfielder. From this base we can give more support to Long. When was the last time an opposing goalkeeper got MOM?

Next Saturday against 'THE Dons'  a more structured team would be;

O'Donnell

Moloney, Taylor, Turnbull, Bunney

Poole

Ariyibi, Crooks, O'Toole Grimes

Long

We have the quality of players now JFH has to get a consistant team out of them!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #232 on: February 04, 2018, 06:24:21 am »

My main concern is our midfield, which is so inconsistant and does not provide cover infront of the two centre halves. I would play Poole,Foley or McWilliams as the holding midfielder. From this base we can give more support to Long. When was the last time an opposing goalkeeper got MOM?

Next Saturday against 'THE Dons'  a more structured team would be;

O'Donnell

Moloney, Taylor, Turnbull, Bunney

Poole

Ariyibi, Crooks, O'Toole Grimes

Long

We have the quality of players now JFH has to get a consistant team out of them!

I quite like that but there's no way I'd sit Grimes in front of Bunney or the Dons will tear us apart down their right wing. Swap him for Foley to offer more protection and we'd be good to go. Grimes seems to be undroppable though...

On the subject of JFH, we really can be a fickle bunch. On the back of 3 wins and a draw he was being hailed for bringing in great players and turning us around. We then turn in one useless performance and suddenly he's rubbish again. If after the game he'd defended the side and the performance then I'd be unhappy too, only he didn't; he said we were poor all over and that with hindsight he should have left the team alone. His tendency to tinker is the main niggle I have with him really, although it can't only be me that saw Perreira on the teamsheet today and felt a frisson of excitement because we were really going for it from the off....

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2018, 06:27:54 am »

Let's hope that was a blip. It seems the only thing you can rely on the cobblers to do, is to deflate any expectations you have. Years of bitter experience should have taught me that!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2018, 06:38:06 am »

Agreed. It might even be of some benefit in the long run. I thought we were pretty much doomed to relegation at one point but I'll admit that after the last 4 matches I thought "oh, we'll be alright now" and relaxed a bit. The fact that yesterday's debacle shows we still have performances like THAT in us demonstrates that there's no room for complacency, and hopefully the players will see that too!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2018, 06:53:07 am »

For me the blame lies solely with JFH for yesterday's shambles.

Those players have been brilliant in recent weeks. Well drilled, structured and effective.

When Facey went off the obvious substitution was to bring on McWilliams at right back - let's not forget that prior to Facey's arrival, McWilliams was our best performing right back when he played there this season. The fact that Jimmy used Brendan's absence as the excuse for going to 3 at the back is BS.

Rochdale played well.. but much like Blackburn last week, they didn't really create many clear cut chances when we were setup in our familiar 4-4-1-1.

The change in formation opened us up down the flanks.. Perreira was exposed. Then we go and bring a winger on and play him down the middle!

What a crazy time to experiment with a formation that needs a hell of a lot of working on to perfect. 3 at the back is the reason Jimmy came to this club.. because his predecessor tried and failed miserably.

I just hope this is a lesson learnt for JFH because he was exposed badly yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #236 on: February 04, 2018, 07:14:42 am »

.....although it can't only be me that saw Perreira on the teamsheet today and felt a frisson of excitement because we were really going for it from the off....

No it wasn’t just you, when I heard Hilda was starting I was rubbing my hands too, so any criticism now is purely with the benefit of hindsight.  What we have established however is that he is never going to be a wing back.  Defending just isn’t part of his make-up and he looked completely lost and bewildered in that position.  I think for now he’s a luxury we can’t afford and should be utilised off the bench.  Stick with Hoskins...
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #237 on: February 04, 2018, 07:26:51 am »

Awful, awful performance yesterday.

5-3-2 definitely didn't work, you could see Berto couldn't defend after he got put on his arse in the first five minutes of the game and playing him at RWB confirmed this. Really don't understand why we changed it up, JFH stating it was because of no Moloney but everything else knowing that McWilliams or even Poole could play there.

The Grimes/Crooks combo fell apart today, even with Foley trying to cover them. When Grimes has a bad game, it really is a bad game. Crooks was lucky not to see red for his tackle, ref had the perfect view of it and was obvious he was taking out some frustration on the opposition.

Great tactics from Rochdale to suss us out and keep us from creating anything, although we nearly nicked a point at the end. I thought Foley came out of the game with some credit, ran his socks off and played three different positions as per usual. Also felt Poole did okay when he came on, won a few in the air against Andrew which was more than Taylor and Turnbull could manage. ROD was by the far the best player on the pitch with his saves, but even his kicking was off today.

Our passing was the most disappointing thing for me, we couldn't string two of them together it seemed in the second half. We were content to hoof the ball long and wait for it to come back again. Shades of JE again.

Stick to 4-4-2 and we won't see another performance like that (hopefully). Honestly think that JFH cost us the game with his strange formation change yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2018, 07:28:23 am »

For me the blame lies solely with JFH for yesterday's shambles.

Those players have been brilliant in recent weeks. Well drilled, structured and effective.

When Facey went off the obvious substitution was to bring on McWilliams at right back - let's not forget that prior to Facey's arrival, McWilliams was our best performing right back when he played there this season. The fact that Jimmy used Brendan's absence as the excuse for going to 3 at the back is BS.

Rochdale played well.. but much like Blackburn last week, they didn't really create many clear cut chances when we were setup in our familiar 4-4-1-1.

The change in formation opened us up down the flanks.. Perreira was exposed. Then we go and bring a winger on and play him down the middle!

What a crazy time to experiment with a formation that needs a hell of a lot of working on to perfect. 3 at the back is the reason Jimmy came to this club.. because his predecessor tried and failed miserably.

I just hope this is a lesson learnt for JFH because he was exposed badly yesterday.

What an absolutely perfect summary of events.

I would only add that Grimes and Crooks together in midfield is too “powder puff”. I think you can have one or the other but need the likes of JJOT (ideally for me), Foley or McWilliams alongside them to add a bit of bite. Given the choice Grimes would be the one I’d drop, but he always gets the full 90 regardless.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:34:49 am by Patmore » Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2018, 07:50:20 am »

All JFH can do is get the game out of the players mind, chivvy them up. There is a big game next week and they will need to be up and ready for it. This fight for survival is now on and how they react to todays defeat is vital. The players now must believe that they have to fight and earn the right to stay in L1.

Good post, just to add to it though I thought dale were good value for the win and if they play that way for the rest of the season we'll need to be at least 1 place higher up the league than now because I can see them escaping the drop.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: